Reloading Supplies

Where is the best place to get powder, primers, bullets? I am just starting out and need to stay on a budget. I purchased a Lee Pro 1000, but need all the other supplies.

You don't tell us even what state you are in.

The prior MA AG has threatened and shut-down most suppliers, so they won't ship to MA. Thus, we can't allow listing on NES of companies still brave enough to ship here.

If in SE MA, Northeast Trading in N. Attleboro has some reloading supplies.

If near NH, Riley's in Manchester has supplies.

Collectors in Stoneham and Four Seasons in Woburn have limited supplies in stock. Four Seasons has much more powder than what's on the floor - his Fire Chief won't let him keep much on the floor, so ask or call ahead.

Also Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, ME is a favorite of many.

Don't know of any other local shops to send you to.

Where is the best place to get powder, primers, bullets?
Where are you located?
I have been buying some supplies in the local shops in western MA and some at gun shows.
Primers seem to be in somewhat short supply recently so I have been buying what I can afford, when and where I find it.

I am just starting out and need to stay on a budget.

Handloading is the way to go. You can reduce your loads for less cost and more accuracy for target shooting.
Cast bullets work well in most handguns and many rifle cartridges, and are much cheaper than jacketed bullets.
What calibers are you going to load for and what guns are you using?

I purchased a Lee Pro 1000, but need all the other supplies.

Do you already have a powder scale to set up your powder measure?
How about a current loading manual?
Let the folks here know where you stand and what you intend to do and they will be glad to offer the benefit of their experience.

Welcome to the world of handloading.[smile]

Jack

I usually get my loading supplies from Riley's in NH. Good prices and great people up there. Their supplies aren't cheap but i've found that the do carry the good stuff only and that their prices on the good stuff is right on with Midway and other online resellers.

Unfortunately living in Mass I haven't found anyplace yet that has a good selection of cheap reloading supplies. Luckily I have like-minded relatives in NH to to help me out with shipping issues for online orders :)

EDIT: Also i've found that Riley's always has good name-brand primers in stock.

Last edited:
I am reloading 38 special and 357 magnum. I know many look down upon them, but I bought a Lee Pro 1000 kit. I need to get some type of device to clean my cases. Any suggestions?

I live in the Boston area, which obviously complicates everything.

I get my 38/357 supplies at Collector's in Stoneham. They usually have 148 wc/158 Berry's plated RN in stock for bullets. If you are up for a little ride Riley's has more of a selection of powder and bullets, but it's really only worth the trip for bulk purchases IMO.

I am reloading 38 special and 357 magnum. I know many look down upon them, but I bought a Lee Pro 1000 kit. I need to get some type of device to clean my cases. Any suggestions?

I live in the Boston area, which obviously complicates everything.

MidwayUSA has everything you need to clean cases.

Jack,

I need a powder scale & tumbler. I think Midway seems the best that I have seen. I got a manual, 48th Edition Reloading Handbook. I am going through it now.

I am going to set up the press in the cellar today, and go through it with the directions, just to get acquainted. I would love any advice, lessons, etc. South Shore, right outside Boston.

Jack,

I need a powder scale & tumbler. I think Midway seems the best that I have seen. I got a manual, 48th Edition Reloading Handbook. I am going through it now.

I am going to set up the press in the cellar today, and go through it with the directions, just to get acquainted. I would love any advice, lessons, etc. South Shore, right outside Boston.

I am in Dedham, so if you need any help with set up, let me know. I know alot of tips and tricks.

Jack,

I need a powder scale & tumbler.

Start with a "WTB" in the classifieds here. Folks here are always upgrading and may have something inexpensive to get you started.

... I got a manual, 48th Edition Reloading Handbook. I am going through it now. ....

The Lyman is a very good manual to start with. Also make sure to thoroughly read the instructions that came with your press.
I'm not familiar with the Lee but there are a couple of guys on NES who have some experience with it.

As to learning the principles and practices of handloading, you are certainly welcome to join me in central MA for some hands-on experience and instruction, if you wish. I load all my pistol ammo, except .40S&W, on a Lyman turret press and all of my rifle ammo on an RCBS Rockchucker.

Jack

Supermoto,
It would be great to get together. whenever you have some free time. I typically work unil 5 or 6

I just replaced a tumbler. I found that Natchez Shooters Supply had much better prices than Midway on Lyman tumblers.

I just got back from KTP. I wanted to pick up some rianier plated handgun bullets. I bought some last week at $53.00 per 500 for 10/40cal 165 grain. Today they were $75.00 for the same box. I'm going to have to find a better deal than that.

Hi Newguy, I have an extra RCBS Rangemaster scale that I would sell you for what I paid, around $90. It is pretty much brand new. I am on the south shore so PM if interested. John

Back
Top Bottom