• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington leaving NY

This will be just like when BRAC closed Griffiss, Plattsburgh, etc. and the small towns will slowly die on the vine. If towns weren't planning for it, they were missing the big picture. It was just a matter of time, especially for a gun manufacturer.

NYT’s article on Remington’s immanent closure. WaPo did such an article last year. Liberals have a fascination with the “gun culture” concept they created to help them in “othering” people not like them.

Just another nail in "The whole upstate New York has a Springfield, MA vibe to it" narrative. Hopeless, cold, miserable and makes one wonder why it is even there in the first place...

NYT’s article on Remington’s immanent closure. WaPo did such an article last year. Liberals have a fascination with the “gun culture” concept they created to help them in “othering” people not like them.
Many gun owners, myself included will not buy products made in New York when equivalents can be obtained from America because we don’t want to support thst soviet economy. That goes for guns, (kimber, Remington), holsters, (Desantis), dairy products (Cabot ), my one exception is Redding reload dies.

Just another nail in "The whole upstate New York has a Springfield, MA vibe to it" narrative. Hopeless, cold, miserable and makes one wonder why it is even there in the first place...

May-Oct, upstate NY is quite beautiful. As I visit regularly, I often drive “off-the-beaten-path”, see the rolling hills, verdant fields, meandering streams and F*CK BIDEN flags swaying in the gentle breeze. Then drive back to New Hampshire.

May-Oct, upstate NY is quite beautiful. As I visit regularly, I often drive “off-the-beaten-path”, see the rolling hills, verdant fields, meandering streams and F*CK BIDEN flags swaying in the gentle breeze. Then drive back to New Hampshire.
I attended university in Ithaca, NY. That part of New York is just spectacular. The landscape is so beautiful.

Back then, NY State was running its “I <heart> NY” promotion, so I saw that bumper sticker all the time. But then I saw the one bumper sticker that I really agreed with — it read “I love NY too, it’s the New Yorkers that I hate.”

Cornell ran a summer school program for high school students. That program seemed to be mostly kids from Westchester County and Long Island. They were so completely obnoxious, bratty, entitled twerps.

I love central NY, but I’ll never move back there because it’s NY.

I attended university in Ithaca, NY. That part of New York is just spectacular. The landscape is so beautiful.

Back then, NY State was running its “I <heart> NY” promotion, so I saw that bumper sticker all the time. But then I saw the one bumper sticker that I really agreed with — it read “I love NY too, it’s the New Yorkers that I hate.”

Cornell ran a summer school program for high school students. That program seemed to be mostly kids from Westchester County and Long Island. They were so completely obnoxious, bratty, entitled twerps.

I love central NY, but I’ll never move back there because it’s NY.

Same re went to college in Ithaca (too dumb to get into the Ivy tho). It's a spectacular place. Fam still lives in Dutchess County, Queens & Westchester.

I'd never move back either though and visit maybe once a year so kids can see family. When my mom (now 80) passes I probably won't go back at all. My sis in Queens can come here & haven't seen remaining cousin in decades.

Back
Top Bottom