Revised Non-Res LTC Instructions

MaverickNH

NES Member
As my LTC-A (All Purposes) expires mid-June, I'm getting the process underway now - my wait has varied from 4-11 weeks since 1998.

The instructions that came with my application, dated 11/01/06, have two significant changes:

1. Photograph: Specified photographs are Passport Size, rather than the smaller 1-1/4" size previously specified, and digital camera printer pics are no longer prohibited. This makes life so much simpler as everyone takes Passport pictures, but the shrunken size was hard to get done. I can even take the pics on my own digital camera and print them at home on my photo printer, saving time and expense.

2. Report of Home State Criminal History Record: Now required only from applicants from NJ, LA, DC, American Territories and 1st-time NY. "All other states are exempt from this requirement." This saves more time and expense. I have no idea why they dropped this requirement for all but the states listed... At $10 each for the NH check now lost to the state, we'll probably have to make video gambling legal to make up for the lost revenue [smile]

Easier this year - probably harder next year. It seems rather random, but knowing my odds of being granted a renewal approach 100%, I guess I'm still lucky compared to many residents.

Back when we had physical photos on our resident licenses, I just used digital camera photos. Did it with my passport too. So long as the image was sized properly, they never seemed to care.

Now, if they were REALLY smart, they would allow digital media to be used so they could get a good image off the photo. Seems really dumb to take a digital image, make a print and then convert back to a digital image.

Back when we had physical photos on our resident licenses, I just used digital camera photos. Did it with my passport too. So long as the image was sized properly, they never seemed to care.

I also used digital images for our LTCs. "Don't ask, Don't tell" works fine. After they laminate it, no difference functionally between ink jet pics and developed and printed film pics.

Now, if they were REALLY smart, they would allow digital media to be used so they could get a good image off the photo. Seems really dumb to take a digital image, make a print and then convert back to a digital image.

Remember you are dealing with Gov't here! [rolleyes] [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom