Richard Tisei Called Me Today

+1. This hits the nail on the head. It can be argued that Bush Jr did more damage to this country than Obama has. It was B Jr that spent like a drunken sailor with a limitless credit card while immensely expanding government until we hit a massive recession. But unlike King O, B Jr was supported by a great many conservatives. He was "one of us" and was supposed to know better.

I slept well knowing I voted for neither Romney (the TRUE architect of Gov run health care) nor our current Racist-In-Chief. I cast my vote for the libertarian. And I'll do it again if the R's trot out another candidate like Romney. When they lose enough elections for lack of conservative and libertarian support they'll either change or go by way of the dinosaur. And speaking of McCain...

Are you kidding? W out spent obama with the credit card? Bush added a terrible $5 trillion to the debt over $8 years, Obama has already added over $8 trillion in 6 years including $1 trillion on his moronic "stimulus" bill alone. Obama will have added as much to the debt as all POTUS's in history combined including Bush 2nd.

Obama and Bush are not even comparable as far as damage to the country. Obama's reign is lawlessness. He rewrites laws without congress, goes to war without a congressional vote, put people on the NRLB illegally and was struck down by SCOTUS, created obamacare which took people health insurance and doctors, Fast and Furious, using the IRS to attack his enemies, has the entire middle east in chaos, is negotiating with Iran a country that wants to destroy America, ....

No even close.

Stop whining and crying about various candidates and step up and say who you support. Not necessarily in NH or MA but what politician in the entire country represents your views the best and what would that person get for a % in an election in MA, NH, NY, CT, NJ, CA....

Stop being against and tell us who you are for. Can you find anyone you support or are you just an anarchist?

To stay local...

Hemingway, Andrew - 37% in NH R Primary (all from grassroot efforts), fighting against HaveAStain and the GOP establishment who put in millions and pulled all the strings to get 56% in the primary. Would have had a much better chance to beat Hassan in November, but refused to kiss the NH GOP ring and they fought hard against him.

Great argument you have going here. You're making some really solid points. Keep at it.

How old are you?

Why are you afraid or what not to say who you support? Stop saying who you are against and say who you are for (person).

- - - Updated - - -

To stay local...

Hemingway, Andrew - 37% in NH R Primary (all from grassroot efforts), fighting against HaveAStain and the GOP establishment who put in millions and pulled all the strings to get 56% in the primary. Would have had a much better chance to beat Hassan in November, but refused to kiss the NH GOP ring and they fought hard against him.

It wasn't hard, I don't know why new guy can't step up?

I didn't follow the NH races much this time but from what I know, I would have supported Hemingway. That total is definitely one that he could have built up to a winning margin, this was his first time statewide, right? Hopefully he'll be back again and build on the base he has now.

Last edited:

I didn't follow the NH races much this time but from what I know, I would have supported Hemingway. That total is definitely one that he could have built up to a winning margin, this was his first time statewide, right? Hopefully he'll be back again and build on the base he has now.

The very argument for voting for a good candidate that is not going to win this time - politics is the LONG GAME.

People voting for the lesser evil make it extremely hard for good candidates to build credibility.

The very argument for voting for a good candidate that is not going to win this time - politics is the LONG GAME.

People voting for the lesser evil make it extremely hard for good candidates to build credibility.

My attitude is you vote for the best candidate in the primary then vote for the best who can win in the general. I'd rather get stuck with Brown for 6 yrs then take him out in '20 than stuck with Shaheen for 6.

Hemingway was a legit candidate who could win in NH. Some people on this board seem to have the attitude they'll for for a Rand Paul, Ted Cruz type in MA or no one else. That's not realistic. Yeah, I'd LOVE to have Rand be MA's Senator but he'd get under 40% of the vote in the general election every single time. As much as I like him and other very conservative pol's, I'm surrounded by morons who vote against me 98% of the time. I think Brown is about the best for Sen as you can get in MA, just look at who the two were prior and the two are now. I don't think he was a great fit for NH. NH has a different electorate and one that will support a more conservative candidate, still not a Rand level though.

The party voters need to vote in people who fit the states electorate. The Senate recruiters for the R's seem to have done a very good job this year (getting people to run in the primary). The candidates in Iowa and Alaska are strong conservatives and look to be on their way to winning. They have fielded some very very good candidates thus far.

One thing that helps R's around the country is Brown in NH. Not that he's a perfect candidate but because he will take up a lot of the D's time and money trying to win that seat. I don't think the other R's in the primary would have been much of a challenge to Shaheen and the D's would be able to send that support personnel and money to other states. Sometimes things work that way. Getting the opponent tied up with a ton of fights that they can't possibly defend at once.

Why are you afraid or what not to say who you support? Stop saying who you are against and say who you are for (person).

- - - Updated - - -

Are you done whining about me not "stepping up" so that you can try to make whatever half assed argument about their electability you're working on to rationalize your ideological preference for selling out your principles and voting for gun grabbers? Am I allowed to not have any favorite politicians?

Last edited:
Are you done whining about me not "stepping up" so that you can try to make whatever half assed argument about their electability you're working on to rationalize your ideological preference for selling out your principles and voting for gun grabbers? Am I allowed to not have any favorite politicians?

Since you won't answer who you are for but whine and criticize only, there is no point continuing. In the entire country, you cannot name one that is most respresentative?

Sad.

Vote to:
Control the House.
Control the Senate.

That helps the cause immensely. Even a Rhino helps control the Congress.

You are trading a questionable short term gain for a definite long term loss by accepting lesser evil. Being short sighted is the cardinal sin in politics - this is about the next generation, not the next few years.

My attitude is you vote for the best candidate in the primary then vote for the best who can win in the general. I'd rather get stuck with Brown for 6 yrs then take him out in '20 than stuck with Shaheen for 6.

You are deluding yourself if you think that (assuming Brown wins the general elections) you have aprayer of taking him out in the next primary. We could not win this one against a carpetbagging liar.... how will you out him in the primaries 6 years from now?

One thing that helps R's around the country is Brown in NH. Not that he's a perfect candidate but because he will take up a lot of the D's time and money trying to win that seat. I don't think the other R's in the primary would have been much of a challenge to Shaheen and the D's would be able to send that support personnel and money to other states. Sometimes things work that way. Getting the opponent tied up with a ton of fights that they can't possibly defend at once.

Brown in NH is hurting R's around the country because he is a symbol of how the R party lost its way. At this point, they are barely distinguishable from the D, have long forgotten what they used to stand for and do not represent me or most people I know around here... and I live in Windham, NH - a strong R town.

I'd have spend plenty of money and time to volunteer for Smith and to a lesser degree for Rubens - either was more electable in the general elections than Brown. Oh well.

And remember - both parties have essentially unlimited money... so "tying up resources" is not the winning strategy you'd like it to be. Plus, if this is the best we can say about Brown (and it is)... it's a sad time for the NH GOP.

Since you won't answer who you are for but whine and criticize only, there is no point continuing. In the entire country, you cannot name one that is most respresentative?

Sad.

Alright, I'll play along. I think I agree with Ron Paul on the majority of issues. So let's hear this critical point you're trying to make.

Now you answer my personal question to you: How old are you?

Yeah, Brown voted contrary to my positions early and often. The problem is that Lizzie votes earlier and oftener against my positions. So, I guess, based on the arguments here, thank God that lizzie kicked Scottie to the curb, because now we'll get a better Republican candidate for senate, next time around. Oh wait...Markey...

The arguments you people are making for not voting for weak Rs in the hopes that the party will put up better Rs is defeated by the blatant reality of what actually happens. Instead of getting more conservative Republicans, you're getting Republicans that are shifting further and further LEFT.

A previous poster was right. Elect wishy washy sissy Rs in NE, because they count towards control of the congress on a national level. We NEED the Senate, so please NHites , please elect Brown.

You are trading a questionable short term gain for a definite long term loss by accepting lesser evil. Being short sighted is the cardinal sin in politics - this is about the next generation, not the next few years.

You are deluding yourself if you think that (assuming Brown wins the general elections) you have aprayer of taking him out in the next primary. We could not win this one against a carpetbagging liar.... how will you out him in the primaries 6 years from now?

Brown in NH is hurting R's around the country because he is a symbol of how the R party lost its way. At this point, they are barely distinguishable from the D, have long forgotten what they used to stand for and do not represent me or most people I know around here... and I live in Windham, NH - a strong R town.

I'd have spend plenty of money and time to volunteer for Smith and to a lesser degree for Rubens - either was more electable in the general elections than Brown. Oh well.

And remember - both parties have essentially unlimited money... so "tying up resources" is not the winning strategy you'd like it to be. Plus, if this is the best we can say about Brown (and it is)... it's a sad time for the NH GOP.

Outside groups have near endless money. The parties have limited funds. Every year there are candidates who get calls around this time of year and are told the national party is pulling out of the race and ending ad buys and moving staff. This is very close to happening in Iowa, CO, Arkansas, Alaska, the D's have already conceded MT, SD and WV. They have spent very little money in GA or KY after the early BS that they could win those Senate seats.

Drudge posted an article from the Hill publication that former D majority ldr Dashle is pissed with Reid because they are not funding and supporting his former aide in SD.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Brown is a great pick for NH, NH will vote for a much more conservative candidate than Brown. Brown's views are more a fit with the electorate in MA, CT, NJ, NY, CA, ME, DE, etc. Those electorates are much more liberal than NH. So NH can do better than Brown.

That being said, Smith and Ruebens were very weak as well. Smith left the party and endorsed Kerry for POTUS in '04, has done some strange things in the past 15 yrs. Smith would have been shelled by Shaheen, Rueben's wouldn't have any money to run a campaign. So Brown was the strongest of a weak field.

He loses what? What game are you playing? Everyone else has been discussing their ideology when it comes to voting, not playing games.

He's asking for the guys age, as if it's relevant. I even bolded the part in his post, just so people could spot it. It's a rhetorical type of argument that people use when they are losing. Once someone pulls that, you know you're dealing with an intellectually dishonest person, and you can move on with your life, and skip talking with him.

Alright, I'll play along. I think I agree with Ron Paul on the majority of issues. So let's hear this critical point you're trying to make.

Now you answer my personal question to you: How old are you?

That isn't a personal question.

With Paul's views, do you think he could win in a statewide race in NH, MA, ME, VT, RI, CT, NY, NJ, CA, WA, MD, DE, IL?

I agree with Paul on some things, other things he's out there. I think his son's views are much better. It's just reality that in the next 50 yrs a person like Ron Paul cannot ever win in the liberal states in the US. NH isn't near the others but it's a swing state like VA, OH, MI, IA, etc. and he's just not going to get enough of the independents to vote with him. In '08 he didn't break 10% in the R primary in contested states and in '12 he didn't break 25%. He just cannot win statewide nearly anywhere even the conservative states.

The way you win elections and pass pro liberty bills is to have very very conservative pol's win in the conservative states and moderates win in the liberal states. That's how the D's did it in '06 and '08 behind Rahm Emmanuels recruiting. Running people like Jim Webb for Sen in VA, not a liberal. Then they vote with the libs when needed on obamacare, dodd frank, etc.

You need to have some moderates to get the majority, it's just reality for now. Things shift over time and states that were very D like WV are trending conservative, others like VA are trending swing.

Brown repeatedly voted with the DNC block on key issues.

You don't get it. By having the majority in the House or Senate, even with Rhinos in there, you control the floor. And, especially in the Senate, you control Presidential appointments to courts, etc.

You gotta look past the end of your nose.

I expect Brown to be very similar in voting to McCain. Not great. But McCain votes with the R's about 70% of the time. While that isn't Cruz, Lee, Paul territory, Shaheen will vote with R's 7% of the time. To make sure obama has zero ability to put judges on the bench over the next 2 years and with an R POTUS in '17 the R's can put judges like Thomas on SCOTUS. That isn't much of a choice in the short term.

Brown is the quintessential politician though. As water takes the shape of the object holding it, I think Brown's votes change based on who he represents. He doesn't have strong principles, he wants to appease the voters and be liked. I expect him to be a moderate but vote a little better than he did in MA. That isn't something to be thrilled with but 6 yrs of Shaheen will blow.

With Paul's views, do you think he could win in a statewide race in NH, MA, ME, VT, RI, CT, NY, NJ, CA, WA, MD, DE, IL?

I agree with Paul on some things, other things he's out there. I think his son's views are much better. It's just reality that in the next 50 yrs a person like Ron Paul cannot ever win in the liberal states in the US. NH isn't near the others but it's a swing state like VA, OH, MI, IA, etc. and he's just not going to get enough of the independents to vote with him. In '08 he didn't break 10% in the R primary in contested states and in '12 he didn't break 25%. He just cannot win statewide nearly anywhere even the conservative states.

The way you win elections and pass pro liberty bills is to have very very conservative pol's win in the conservative states and moderates win in the liberal states. That's how the D's did it in '06 and '08 behind Rahm Emmanuels recruiting. Running people like Jim Webb for Sen in VA, not a liberal. Then they vote with the libs when needed on obamacare, dodd frank, etc.

You need to have some moderates to get the majority, it's just reality for now. Things shift over time and states that were very D like WV are trending conservative, others like VA are trending swing.

Could Paul win a statewide race in MA tomorrow? Doubtful. What I'm saying is that people like RP never even get a chance because 3/4 of the population here in MA goes to the polls voting out of fear of letting their perceived greater of 2 evils win. They only have those two options because of the duopoly that the 2 parties hold. Those parties will continue to hold the duopoly as long as people keep giving them support, whether gleefully or reluctantly. You need to break the cycle, and the only way to do that is to stop supporting evil.

What would happen if enough people stayed home in disgust next election? Would the parties take note and adjust their positions to chase all of those registered voters sitting on their asses on election day? Would they chase the 75% of moderate voters residing inbetween their more extreme ideological positions? Would the republican party in MA eventually die off or evolve if it stopped getting meaningful numbers of votes in MA - if their role as the foil to the democrats became unconvincing enough? I think they would. Sure, the Ds would take control and likely do some damage in the meantime, but I think the long run benefits outweigh the short term injury.

ETA - How does electing a bunch of conservatives result in more pro-liberty bills? So far it seems to be resulting in gridlock and political warfare. Elect liberty-oriented politicians if you want more liberty-oriented laws.

Last edited:
You don't get it. By having the majority in the House or Senate, even with Rhinos in there, you control the floor. And, especially in the Senate, you control Presidential appointments to courts, etc.

You gotta look past the end of your nose.

I'll expand it a bit. What will get voted on in the Senate is stuff that the R majority leader allows to be voted on and stuff that passed out of R controlled committees. Brown can vote with the D's but the legislation will still pass because the R's support it.

Brown also tried to be very cute with his votes from '10 to '12 because there was such a short span.

What I see as much more an issue with R's is not a moderate like Brown in NH but a moderate/slight conservative like Lindsey Graham in very conservative SC, a moderate like McCain in conservative AZ, a light conservative like Alexander in very conservative TN. Those seats should be held by very conservative pol's, then have moderates in ME, DE, IL, NJ, etc.

Thad Cochan should have been gone in MS too. He LOVESSSSSS govt' spending. The R's there (Haley Barbour who's a POS) teamed up with D's to defeat the strong conservative in the primary with racist lies.

The arguments you people are making for not voting for weak Rs in the hopes that the party will put up better Rs is defeated by the blatant reality of what actually happens. Instead of getting more conservative Republicans, you're getting Republicans that are shifting further and further LEFT.

And the further left they move, the more sound their losses will be. How long until they get the message and start moving towards freedom (which is neither left nor right by the way)?

And your pleas to elect Brown mean nothing when I know he'll be a turncoat - the only advice I take on him is: if it's Brown, flush it down. You cannot pay me enough to vote for him - I care about the future of this country too much to vote for evil no matter what their party affiliation is.

Enough with voting for laundry - I'm voting for good candidates, and if none are available, I'm writing in. This year, it will be John Stark for US Senate. He's been dead for a long time and would make a much better US Senator than Brown - at least he'll abstain from each vote rather than voting with the Democrats more often than not.

I'll expand it a bit. What will get voted on in the Senate is stuff that the R majority leader allows to be voted on and stuff that passed out of R controlled committees. Brown can vote with the D's but the legislation will still pass because the R's support it.

Brown also tried to be very cute with his votes from '10 to '12 because there was such a short span.

What I see as much more an issue with R's is not a moderate like Brown in NH but a moderate/slight conservative like Lindsey Graham in very conservative SC, a moderate like McCain in conservative AZ, a light conservative like Alexander in very conservative TN. Those seats should be held by very conservative pol's, then have moderates in ME, DE, IL, NJ, etc.

Thad Cochan should have been gone in MS too. He LOVESSSSSS govt' spending. The R's there (Haley Barbour who's a POS) teamed up with D's to defeat the strong conservative in the primary with racist lies.

I find your belief that you can anticipate Brown's future actions to be wishful thinking - he is a D wearing a nice R t-shirt.

And R's are as bad as D's on freedom - they merely disagree on which freedoms to take away first.

I'll vote R in the next election when they have legitimate pro-freedom candidates, like my NH state senate and rep candidates. Otherwise, see above.

Last edited:
Could Paul win a statewide race in MA tomorrow? Doubtful. What I'm saying is that people like RP never even get a chance because 3/4 of the population here in MA goes to the polls voting out of fear of letting their perceived greater of 2 evils win. They only have those two options because of the duopoly that the 2 parties hold. Those parties will continue to hold the duopoly as long as people keep giving them support, whether gleefully or reluctantly. You need to break the cycle, and the only way to do that is to stop supporting evil.

What would happen if enough people stayed home in disgust next election? Would the parties take note and adjust their positions to chase all of those registered voters sitting on their asses on election day? Would they chase the 75% of moderate voters residing inbetween their more extreme ideological positions? Would the republican party in MA eventually die off or evolve if it stopped getting meaningful numbers of votes in MA - if their role as the foil to the democrats became unconvincing enough? I think they would. Sure, the Ds would take control and likely do some damage in the meantime, but I think the long run benefits outweigh the short term injury.

3/4 of the population here in MA goes to the polls voting out of fear of letting their perceived greater of 2 evils win.

I wish. The big big voting numbers out of Newton, boston, (all of inside of 128), springfield, fall river, etc. They proudly voted for lizzy warren. They proudly voted for Kennedy, Kerry, Markey, all the D legislature, etc.

This state will vote against an income tax cut. They voted for that stupid leg hold trap ban. They are brain dead and cannot be saved for decades. I wish a conservative could win here, they can't. Rand Paul wouldn't break 40% of the vote here. Look at how people responded with the home raids in Watertown looking for the nitwit. They thanked .gov for protecting them.

People in Ma are not freedom loving sadly.

I wish. The big big voting numbers out of Newton, boston, (all of inside of 128), springfield, fall river, etc. They proudly voted for lizzy warren. They proudly voted for Kennedy, Kerry, Markey, all the D legislature, etc.

This state will vote against an income tax cut. They voted for that stupid leg hold trap ban. They are brain dead and cannot be saved for decades. I wish a conservative could win here, they can't. Rand Paul wouldn't break 40% of the vote here. Look at how people responded with the home raids in Watertown looking for the nitwit. They thanked .gov for protecting them.

People in Ma are not freedom loving sadly.

MA is an interesting example for a hypothetical. How many of the registered voters in this state vote for Ds simply because they aren't Rs? How many would never vote for a republican if their life depended on it? How many people stay home because they know the Rs don't usually have much of a chance? How many would take a more liberty-oriented option if they had one that was expected to pull more than 4% of the vote?

The people of this state are starved for an alternative option. I don't think the republican party stands any kind of chance whatsoever here for (at least) generations to come, so what better state to challenge the status quo with some fresh faces and ideas? A party with a platform that's more moderate, more pragmatic than the republican party will ever be given credit for in MA? If the final nail were to ever get hammered into the coffin of the MA republican party do you think that would be the end of it and there would only ever be democrats on the ballot, or do you think another different group would fill the void and distinguish itself from the opposition?

Of course it is. It's as personal as nearly any question can be.

I find your belief that you can anticipate Brown's future actions to be wishful thinking - he is a D wearing a nice R t-shirt.

And R's are as bad as D's on freedom - they merely disagree on which freedoms to take away first.

I'll vote R in the next election when they have legitimate pro-freedom candidates, like my NH state senate and rep candidates. Otherwise, see above.

It's not wishful thinking, if I were to go that route, I wish him to vote with Rand, Cruz, Lee. It's just an educated guess based on who brown is as a person. He's a pure politician like Bill Clinton. I don't think Clinton was an ideologue, he was left of center but would go with the wind. He signed welfare reform because that's what he though the voters wanted. If Brown were mayor of NYC, he's be pretty liberal because he'd reflect the voters wishes. If he were Gov of SC he'd be much more conservative than he is now but not that great. Brown is a jelly fish, he has no backbone, he moves and shifts.

Brown won't be very conservative but I think he'll be more so than he showed in MA. He'll be in the same area as McCain, someone who gets a 75% rating from the conservative ratings. Rand, Lee, Cruz are probably in the 90's.

I think the POTUS field for the R's will be very strongly conservative. Walker, Jindal, Rubio (immigration was a mistake he's owned up to), I doubt Cruz but I think Rand will make some trips. The R's outside of the northeast are pretty good. I think the R's should be running more of a libertarian type conservative in the northeast, especially younger candidates. I'm just hoping Christie and Jeb Bush stay out. They would be HORRIBLE candidates and take focus away from the future ldrs of the R's.

MA is an interesting example for a hypothetical. How many of the registered voters in this state vote for Ds simply because they aren't Rs? How many would never vote for a republican if their life depended on it? How many people stay home because they know the Rs don't usually have much of a chance? How many would take a more liberty-oriented option if they had one that was expected to pull more than 4% of the vote?

The people of this state are starved for an alternative option. I don't think the republican party stands any kind of chance whatsoever here for (at least) generations to come, so what better state to challenge the status quo with some fresh faces and ideas? A party with a platform that's more moderate, more pragmatic than the republican party will ever be given credit for in MA? If the final nail were to ever get hammered into the coffin of the MA republican party do you think that would be the end of it and there would only ever be democrats on the ballot, or do you think another different group would fill the void and distinguish itself from the opposition?

Of course it is. It's as personal as nearly any question can be.

I'd be happy if the R's even fielded candidates in 75% of the races. I'm in Markey's former congressional district, more than a few times he was unopposed. They seem to be happy if they win the Gov race but with the D massive control of the legislature, who cares about the gov. They should focus on winning state house seats little by little and build up some talent, then move those to the AG race, congressional, etc. They need to build the base of the party and they have not.

McGovern. We never have anyone up against McGovern here in central Mass. McGovern, Pelosi's lap dog. We did have someone up against him in 2010. But he probably wasn't "conservative" enough to get the die hards out. Geesh. So we have to live with McGovern, until he dies or retires.

I'd be happy if the R's even fielded candidates in 75% of the races. I'm in Markey's former congressional district, more than a few times he was unopposed. They seem to be happy if they win the Gov race but with the D massive control of the legislature, who cares about the gov. They should focus on winning state house seats little by little and build up some talent, then move those to the AG race, congressional, etc. They need to build the base of the party and they have not.

Or they need to get out of the way. If they're not even fielding candidates in 75% of the races at this point I'd say killing them off for good might make a whole lot more sense than trying to salvage what's left of their pathetic, multigenerational reputation around these parts.

Back
Top Bottom