Riley's Gun Shop - Hooksett NH

40 caliber ammo, 9mm blazer, m1 garand Korean ammo 5.45 ammo 7.62X39 in cans. seemed pretty well stocked. used guns 15% off for the weekend..
guys working there are more friendly than before shooters outpost showed up.

I did not see any 7.62X54 in either place.

I called the other week looking for some reloading components. Had 2 boxes of bullets but not the powder I was looking for. Without even asking for a substitute he looks up load data to see what else would work. I got there and was surprised to find my bullets were being held under the counter for me. Again without even asking.

It took me a while to warm up to the salty old school employees and was dismayed to see many of them replaced with younger faces but this new breed really is trying to be helpful.

Ya Riley's rocks I try to buy everything there.

They currently have 1000 rounds of American Eagle XM855 for $350! It's loose rounds.

I do have to say Riley's has improved a great deal since Shooters Outpost opened up last year.
They have some good in store deals and customer service has greatly improved.
I've been going there for over 20 years and in the past I think they took customers for granted.
With Shooter Outpost down the road they now seem to have discovered customers have a choice and their sales and attitude has improved..... a win/win for everyone!!

I like Riley's a lot. Shooter's Outpost is just more convenient for me though. I probably do about the same business with both.

Riley's is a little on the tiny size for me. When the place gets more than 10 people in it, my undiagnosed claustrophobia kicks in. Prices on bulk ammo are usually pretty good and prices on consignment guns are probably just below market price.

- - - Updated - - -

They had some great ammo deals on .22lr yesterday. American eagle 500 round bricks for $23.99 limit was 2.

Not bad. Federal .22 525 bricks at Shooter's are $35.

Bought my wife a S&W 642 yesterday- the sales guy was very pleasant to deal with.

Very well stocked on AR's, handgun cases were full.

Spam cans of 762x54R were $105, they had cans of linked Malayasian 7.62Nato (with tracers) as well.

In talking with the sales guy he mentioned they had just been through an ATF review- and last year they sold 12,500 guns!

I made my first trip up north today to Riley's and Shooter's Outpost and I can't say enough good things about Riley's. I was mostly looking for reloading components and Roy at the reloading counter was exceptional. Although their stock is quite depleted, Roy gave me lots of good info and found some handgun powder for me. I left with bullets, primers and 1 lb of powder and intentions on going back. Only thing, I'll call first to make sure they have my supplies in stock.

Swung by yesterday and picked up some a Russian x54r spam can for $105. They had a bunch of Korean surplus 30-06 in ammo can for $125 - I think 270 rounds? Some overpriced Tula x39 ammo - 1000 rounds for $279. Plenty of 5.45x39 spam cans for $125 if I recall. Good amount of .223/5.56 420 round in ammo cans for $199. Had a few other cases of .223 but didn't catch the price as I don't own an AR. No 22 ammo. Had 9 40 and 45 ammo.

Anyone know if that Korean surplus is OK to shoot in a stock Garand?? Guy behind the counter didn't know.

Swung by yesterday and picked up some a Russian x54r spam can for $105. They had a bunch of Korean surplus 30-06 in ammo can for $125 - I think 270 rounds? Some overpriced Tula x39 ammo - 1000 rounds for $279. Plenty of 5.45x39 spam cans for $125 if I recall. Good amount of .223/5.56 420 round in ammo cans for $199. Had a few other cases of .223 but didn't catch the price as I don't own an AR. No 22 ammo. Had 9 40 and 45 ammo.

Picked up 1K XM193 at Riley's last week - $195/500 cs.

IIRC same XM193 on stripper clips - $175/450 cs.

Last edited:
Rileys is amazing.
On three separate occasions I've NEEDED something and stopped down the road first because it's first off the highway and left empty handed.
Drive down to Rileys and leave a happy man !!!
Rileys is my first and only stop for everything firearms related.

Good to know thanks! Guy behind the counter assured me it was NOT corrosive!!!

The headstamp will tell you for sure but the Korean stuff they had out there the last time I visited was corrosive according to the headstamp. Always double check what they tell you about surplus ammo.

The headstamp will tell you for sure but the Korean stuff they had out there the last time I visited was corrosive according to the headstamp. Always double check what they tell you about surplus ammo.

This, always check. It's no big deal shooting it in a Garand, just clean it properly and you will be fine. That said, currently i would not bother with corrosive ammo as you can have CMP ship you non corrosive stuff for prettymuch the same price.

The problem with using it in a Garand is that you have to clean the gas system as well as the bore, which means a lot more work and you don't really want to be tearing down your gas system after every range trip.

The problem with using it in a Garand is that you have to clean the gas system as well as the bore, which means a lot more work and you don't really want to be tearing down your gas system after every range trip.

Yeah, I agree, no interest in doing that. Its fine with the Mosin but I won't put corrosive through my garand. Plus I am lazy about cleaning :) The Korean is .50 a round ( I thin kit was $125 for 250 rounds in those cans)and CMP is .65 a round. I'll still pay the extra though. That said I have had 2 cans on order for a few weeks now, hopefully they ship soon.

Not all Korean 30-06 is corrosive. I used to use a lot of that stuff and never had any trouble. I'm not disputing that some of it IS, but making a blanket statement that all or even most of it is, i s being a little misleading. Regardless cleaning a Garand is easy and even if it was corrosive I would not hesitate to use it.

-Mike

Do a search on "problem" Korean 30-06. Some lots (like the one I bought some years back) had some serious issues - like split cases. Not saying it's all like that...

Sent from my DROID with fumble fingers

Not all Korean 30-06 is corrosive. I used to use a lot of that stuff and never had any trouble. I'm not disputing that some of it IS, but making a blanket statement that all or even most of it is, i s being a little misleading.

That's why I said double check the headstamps because all of the Korean I saw for sale at Rileys the last time I was there was indeed corrosive upon checking the headstamps.

No 22 ammo. Plenty of all other usual pistol and rifle calibers. The powder selection hasn't seem to have changed since I was there two weeks ago.

Last edited:
I was bored on my day off so the wife and I took a trip over. Very nice guys at Riley's. Chatted with the guys behind the counter who had no problem letting me play with all the optics. My wife bought some 5.56 ammo for cheaper than they have at Wal-Mart. I bought some .357 sig and we both got entered to win a R51. Definitely worth a trip over.

Just took a trip up to shooters outpost and rileys. Shooters had a small but decent crowd. about 20-25cars in the parking lot. went over to riley, there were 4. i dont know if shooters is taking a bite out of them big time or what... ...but it looked it.

Rileys had 30-06 ammo, 7.62X54 milsurp ammo. i did not see this at shooters.

Back
Top Bottom