Rolled fingerprints

So my NICS check came back denied and I am obviously appealing, except I need a set of rolled fingerprints...... My towns PD wont be back until the 22nd, state police in Danvers can't do them until the 23rd and my lovely town I work in (N. Andover) will only do them for town residents.............FML [sad2]

Any other ideas?

I just continuously get screwed and delayed over and over again.

Call the MSP Identification Section in Sudbury and make an appt. tell them that you want prints for an LTC. They should be able to accommodate you. 508-358-3192. They will print out the applicant card and you can give it to the PD so they can send it in. Don't overthink this and say, gee why can't they just scan them there. Just do it the way you were told to with regard to submission otherwise you are going to have to wait.

- - - Updated - - -

What does MA consider to be a "qualified finger printer"? I ask because I do them all the time for employee clearances.......

You guys are overthinking this. As long as the prints are good and on the proper applicant form, no worries...believe me.

Acton PD did it for me years ago even though I was not a resident and didn't work in town.

They'll accept electronic scans...

Are electronic scanned fingerprint images accepted? Yes, individuals must request the fingerprinting agency to print a copy of their electronic scanned fingerprint images which may be submitted via the NICS Appeal Website, <http:www.fbi.gov/nics-appeals>, as an attachment; via facsimile to (304) 625-0535; or mailed to the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division, National Instant Criminal Background Check System Section, Appeal Services Team, Module A-1, Post Office Box 4278, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26302-4278. Please ensure all submissions contain your NTN or STN.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/n...rocess/nics-appeal-frequently-asked-questions

Its not for MA, its for the FBI.
they require a LEO I think.

You are a wealth of misinformation. I was an Identification Tech for the MSP for 6 years and I processed fingerprints for LTCs. Prints processed by the State are done on a State Applicant Card which is blue. The FBI applicant card is also blue and it is called a Form 258, but no matter if you call the Identification Section they still should be able to help you because they can accomodate format. Sorry I bothered to respond.

Maybe you create your own bad luck, just sayin.

You guys are overthinking this. As long as the prints are good and on the proper applicant form, no worries...believe me.
It is not what MA considers a "qualified finger printer".

Some agencies have a policy of accepting only prints taken by a law enforcement agency; others will accept any legible set in the proper card. If you are using a non-LEO printer, check with the agency you are submitting the prints to in order to verify they will be accepted.

Back
Top Bottom