Ron's Gun Shop in Dracut, MA

This place just opened up the street from me not too long ago. I had some time today and stopped in to have a look around. Not a huge place but they had rifles, pistols and shotguns along with a lot of ammo. Talked to Ron for a few minutes and told him I would hopefully be back by March. Haha. I believe this is his website

http://www.ronsgunshop.net/Home.html

I met with another NES member at Ron's today to do a transfer on a rifle I bought out of the classifieds section today and this place was a nice shop. The prices were fair and I wasn't planning to but I walked out with a used handgun he was selling because it was a hard to come by piece that I had been wanting to add to my collection at a fair price. What more can you ask for? Ron is a nice guy and the other gentleman who was working was nice also. I think his name was Jim. Ron didn't even get mad at me when I screwed up the 4473 (or whatever the form is called) and answered question 12 by accident when question 11-L clearly told me not to answer 12. My bad Ron, thanks for being nice about it.

The ammo was thin but he had some .22lr in stock and the prices were right in line with everyone else. I would expect nothing less but others seem to be happy getting raked over the coals buying ammo at inflated prices so whatever. To each his own. If you do care about getting fair prices this place is worth checking out. I have a rotation of LGS's that I like to support and this is definitely on that list after todays experience. There were at least two other NES'rs doing a transfer while I was there, oh and I should mention his transfer fee is a fair $25 also. Cheapest I've ever seen personally, at least at present.

Nice friendly people, fair prices and decent hours. I think as of today they are closed on Sundays and Tuesdays but they are open the other 5 days. Can't think of anything else so there you have it.

Ah, I was one of the two you saw... and I totally dicked up question 12 as well.
Nice little shop

Yes, I was the one who called you a rookie when you said you answered 12. I only said it because I had already done the same thing. I'm glad you didn't take offense, some people would have so that's why I was quick to state that I had done the same thing only moments before you guys walked in.

That's what I like about most of my visits to gun shops though, most guys in there are pretty laid back. I love the atmosphere of being inside a gun shop. Once in a while there's some dickless wonderboy but almost all of my experiences have been positive and I like to give credit where credit is due which is why my reviews sometimes come off as if I had a personal stake in the shop. I've been called out on it once already too.

Anyways, it was nice to kind of meet you, maybe we'll bump into each other again some day and have a more formal introduction. Take care.

Just wanted to say that I went to Ron's this past weekend and this is a great group of guys. They did a transfer for me. Very quick and easy, the way I like it. There was an older guy, middle aged guy, and a younger one. They were all very friendly and fun to talk to. Very knowledgeable on everything as well. I highly recommend checking them out.

Ammo prices were way high, but firearms were priced pretty reasonably from what I saw.

Shout out to Ron's! Was there just recently and had great experience and sale. Dealt with Ron's wife (Terry?) and the guy Jim.

I've had very positive experiences there. Can't wait to go back.

-Cuz.

Just a quick heads up that the hours on their website are wrong. I found this out the hard way…by wasting 2.5 hours of my time. Upon calling them to find out their current hours they were quick to apologize. I've always had a great experience there in the past, so I won't let this deter me form going back, and it's definitely a shop I suggest others check out as well.

For the record, they currently open at noon, not 11:00am as their website states.

Last edited:
Me too. Two firearms in two weeks. Was a long trip up to Textile Ave from lower Norfolk County, but worth it. Ron wife and Jim very efficient, and have hard to find items.

And yes, I hear you system, I got there at eleven too one of the trips, and had to wait until twelve in the car. Oh well, first world problems.

Just heard that Ron will not be having as many "gems" or "candy" or "hard to find items," to sell, as he has had in the past. . . At least for the near future. . .
Yup. Called today looking for something. They told me the bad news.

Just heard that Ron will not be having as many "gems" or "candy" or "hard to find items," to sell, as he has had in the past. . . At least for the near future. . .

really bummed to hear that. great shop and great people

Loose lips sink ships. You can probably thank the mouth-runners around here for that one, although I have no direct proof it wouldn't surprise me if someone saw a post here before we could delete it.

-Mike

Loose lips sink ships.
Amazing, that people just don't know when to STFU.

44299ee01695b11fbf8ae9f1fd476747.jpg

I know I've reported a couple posts in this thread to Mike and other mods for saying way too much publically. People really do need to STFU. They're not benefitting anyone by bragging about it on an open forum. SMH.

The same people who open their mouths are the ones who would totally mess up any scenario where stealth is key (i.e.--sneaking up on someone to prank them, not knowing when to whisper, etc.).

These bigmouths are the same ones who talk about ammo sales in a forum and who I personally wouldn't want near me in a life/death SHTF scenario.

Back
Top Bottom