Ruger SR1911 Commander

Lol..........

sere8u3a.jpg

Front page of pine tree casting web site ... Military hardware....

But I was saying indirectly . They make parts for other company's . Those company's get gov kick backs .

See, I already knew that.

I just wanted someone else to do the research for a change, and show actual proof.

Looks like everyone better boycott Ruger, just like Troy. They make stuff for the gov. [rofl]

See, I already knew that.

I just wanted someone else to do the research for a change, and show actual proof.

Looks like everyone better boycott Ruger, just like Troy. They make stuff for the gov. [rofl]

Why I could care less about who does what . Does it go bang, does it not rust , Does it fit good in my hand ,Do I like it ? Yes I might buy it.

Granted if a company flipped ship and pushed for tougher gun laws then I mite sell / or just not buy from them .

punenuby.jpg

Buy some for you government pig ruger to keep it from rusting ...

It works pretty good at cleaning carbon build up and lube.

Just blame me....

I was drinking and eating food after work I had fun the day of the shoot. Heck al saw me kinda drunk . Dumb ass asking me to make him mix drinks with tequila .... Was shocked I poured all most a half glass of tequila then mix lol ...

Just blame me....

I was drinking and eating food after work I had fun the day of the shoot. Heck al saw me kinda drunk . Dumb ass asking me to make him mix drinks with tequila .... Was shocked I poured all most a half glass of tequila then mix lol ...

Yeah. I was exhausted from the drive home but if you're driving and pouring drinks, IN. [rofl]

Miss the pumpkin shoot and die btw.

Mailed my 9c on Tuesday, and its on its way back today. I requested a black slide - interested to see if they did it/what they say.

So after a week, the pistol is back in my hands. I got the same spiel of -
PISTOL WAS RECEIVED WITH VISIBLE RUST (NON-MANUFACTURING RELATED). RUST CAN OCCUR AS A RESULT OF PERSPIRATION, CONTACT WITH SOME TYPES OF HOLSTERS AND EXPOSURE TO MOISTURE. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO PROTECT AGAINST DISCOLORATION, PLEASE CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT (928)541-8892 OR VIEW OUR FAQ SECTION, LOCATED AT WWW RUGER COM"

I asked them to replace the slide with the black version, but they ignored that with no mention of it.

Items replaced: ejector, fire control assembly, slide assembly, trigger bar, trigger bar lift spring, trigger bar reset
Items repaired: barrel

and I got a free cleaning cloth

Its almost seems like they want to discourage word of mouth on this issue with the back handed, " yeah I guess we will fix your **** up" to make you think its an end user issue... Pleased they are fixing it for you guys but it almost makes you feel like you are a dick for sending back your steak because its not cooked right...

Wow, you get all of that from these posts?

Their customer service is top notch. Not sure how they are pieces of shit, or even how they are fudds. ??

I know, they are extremely attentive. I've had to talk to them twice since I started at NES. But holy shit. Let's **** up some models of firearms, then act like we didn't do it. Seems legit.

So after a week, the pistol is back in my hands. I got the same spiel of -
PISTOL WAS RECEIVED WITH VISIBLE RUST (NON-MANUFACTURING RELATED). RUST CAN OCCUR AS A RESULT OF PERSPIRATION, CONTACT WITH SOME TYPES OF HOLSTERS AND EXPOSURE TO MOISTURE. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO PROTECT AGAINST DISCOLORATION, PLEASE CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT (928)541-8892 OR VIEW OUR FAQ SECTION, LOCATED AT WWW RUGER COM"

I asked them to replace the slide with the black version, but they ignored that with no mention of it.

Items replaced: ejector, fire control assembly, slide assembly, trigger bar, trigger bar lift spring, trigger bar reset
Items repaired: barrel

and I got a free cleaning cloth

Why did they replace all those parts if you just sent it in for rust?

I know, they are extremely attentive. I've had to talk to them twice since I started at NES. But holy shit. Let's **** up some models of firearms, then act like we didn't do it. Seems legit.

We all know at this point, it must be their fault, clearly. If they haven't sent out a press release though stating such, you never know. It could be the way these guns were stored. I don't know. I am not a metallurgist. Not very many people are on here I bet.

For now, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe they really think it isn't their fault. If it is, they will have to say something eventually. Just like anyone does with a recall, etc etc.

Its called CYA so we don't get hit with a class action lawsuit over a bad batch of stainless in a bunch of guns.

Got out to the range and shot the 1911 today, came home and broke it down to clean and I'll be damned there were black spots on the frame under the grip panels. Both sides, Just like what has happened to other people in the same place. I am very meticulous about my guns and keep the pistol in a sealed pelican case with dessicant packs. I will be back in Maine in a few months I think I'll wait until I move back to contact ruger about this issue. Too much of a hassle to go through here in Hawaii if they decide to send a new one.

I am pretty dissapointed though, If it stays under the grips and does not get worse thats one thing but my fear is the rest of the gun will start to look like that and that is not cool.

Back
Top Bottom