Ruger SR1911 Commander

Here is the comment left by RUGER on my packing slip
"PISTOL WAS INSPECTED AND REPAIRED AT NO CHARGE ON A ONE TIME ONLY BASIS AS A COURTESY. AFTER REPAIR, PISTOL WAS FUNCTION FIRED 30 ROUNDS OF BLACK HILLS 230GR FMJ WITH CUSTOMERS MAGAZINES WITHOUT MALFUNCTION.
PISTOL WAS RECEIVED WITH VISIBLE RUST (NON-MANUFACTURING RELATED). RUST CAN OCCUR AS A RESULT OF PERSPIRATION, CONTACT WITH SOME TYPES OF HOLSTERS AND EXPOSURE TO MOISTURE. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO PROTECT AGAINST DISCOLORATION, PLEASE CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT (928)541-8892 OR VIEW OUR FAQ SECTION, LOCATED AT WWW RUGER COM"

whatever, I got a new slide.

I wonder what "some types of holsters" are? My 9c sits in a horsehide supertuck every day and the rust is only present on the front 50% of the left-hand side with a little on the top. This happens to be the area in most contact with the holster.

Oddly enough, this is a thread from 2010.
Rusting issue on SR9c? - Ruger Forum

I wonder what "some types of holsters" are? My 9c sits in a horsehide supertuck every day and the rust is only present on the front 50% of the left-hand side with a little on the top. This happens to be the area in most contact with the holster.

Oddly enough, this is a thread from 2010.
Rusting issue on SR9c? - Ruger Forum

Mine was never in a holster and sat in a humidity control safe. I bought it 6 weeks prior to noticing the rust. Good thing is I mailed it out TUES night and had it back MON morning.

Just got my SR9c replacement kydex for my White Hat Horsehide holster too, damn. Mine is stainless as well. No rusting on my XDs of course because it has the Tenifer-like black finish. Sigh.

So Ruger isn't accepting responsibility?

I bet they will if this reaches many more people. It will start to hurt their wallet eventually when they are replacing guns for free.

Ruger SR1911 Commander **UPDATE**check your guns for rust**

FUDD pieces of shit. I won't ever own a SR1911. Good for you guys that own ones without issues but nah, I'm good.

Also S&W as of like last week. I think Troy too.

S&W Shield yeah.

Troy I could care less about but I'd rather buy Magpul anyways.

If S&W could make an operating firearm out of the box I'd buy one. But with so many better handguns out there I'd skip them for sure. Boycott is a strong word. At least their guns aren't rusting in record numbers.

S&W Shield yeah.

Troy I could care less about but I'd rather buy Magpul anyways.

If S&W could make an operating firearm out of the box I'd buy one. But with so many better handguns out there I'd skip them for sure. Boycott is a strong word. At least their guns aren't rusting in record numbers.

Calm down Francis. I was just kidding with ya.

Oh, and now they are rusting in record numbers?? [rofl] Proof? Besides NES???

I just don't understand how rust on a gun, means Ruger is a bunch of fudd's. [laugh]

S&W may have screwed themselves with the shield, does that make them fudd's too?

Imagine, just imagine that none of this was Ruger's fault. Maybe it is the way we are all storing them. (Idoubt that's the issue, but you never know.)

S&W had metallurgical problems like this at one time, too. Someone on here had a rusting M&P slide.

I'm amused at all the butthurt in this thread about a low end firearm having a rust problem... as if it's never happened before. [rofl]

BTW Ben... Bill Ruger Sr. has been dead since like 2002. [rofl]

-Mike

There looking at moving btw . In the long run they do since they supply forgings for company's that do .....

Proof?

Everytime I ask for proof from someone on here, all I get is crickets.

- - - Updated - - -

S&W had metallurgical problems like this at one time, too. Someone on here had a rusting M&P slide.

I'm amused at all the butthurt in this thread about a low end firearm having a rust problem... as if it's never happened before. [rofl]

BTW Ben... Bill Ruger Sr. has been dead since like 2002. [rofl]

-Mike

That's what I have been saying.

A few people want to BAN RUGER! BAN RUST! What the hell?? They act like this is the only firearms company in existence that this has ever happened too.

And as far as Ben goes, he is trying to justify his purchase from a company that takes big .gov payouts. [laugh]

I am also not going to fault a company that has clearly changed paths since Bill Ruger passed away. I would definitely not call them a fudd company.

They started the whole 'write your legislators' thing on their website, something that S&W copied a few months later. NO ONE is perfect. NO ONE.

S&W may have screwed themselves with the shield, does that make them fudd's too?

The real turd that S&W turned out is the Bodyguard .380... there's no getting around the fact that gun is on the whole, a piece of crap.

-Mike

Proof?

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I have been saying.

A few people want to BAN RUGER! BAN RUST! What the hell?? They act like this is the only firearms company in existence that this has ever happened too.

And as far as Ben goes, he is trying to justify his purchase from a company that takes big .gov payouts. [laugh]

Google search shows rust + Ruger being pretty common.

You know me. I like Ruger for the most part. Haven't had any issues. But I'm not butthurt, more disappointed. Yeah they're budget 1911s like mike said, agreed. I guess I'm a strict customer or some shit. Or just maybe I'm an elitist prick LOL.

The real turd that S&W turned out is the Bodyguard .380... there's no getting around the fact that gun is on the whole, a piece of crap.

-Mike

[laugh]

I am not going to argue there.

- - - Updated - - -

Google search shows rust + Ruger being pretty common.

You know me. I like Ruger for the most part. Haven't had any issues. But I'm not butthurt, more disappointed. Yeah they're budget 1911s like mike said, agreed. I guess I'm a strict customer or some shit. Or just maybe I'm an elitist prick LOL.

If you type in "S&W rusting" into Google, you get the same thing.

All I am trying to prove is that this isn't just Ruger. Any gun can rust. Look at Matt's AK's. [rofl]

Proof?

Remington been looking at moving stuff out of New York and been looking at plants in gun friendly states ... There was a thread about it a few days ago.

I'm confused . Ruger owns one of the few forging plants for fire arms left in America . They forge parts for a lot of company's ?
So in a long about way there getting money from the government ?

I'm confused . Ruger owns one of the few forging plants for fire arms left in America . They forge parts for a lot of company's ?
So in a long about way there getting money from the government ?

What forge do they own??

They own Pine Tree Castings. And just because they do, doesn't mean they do government work.

Last edited:
What forge do they own??

They own Pine Tree Castings. And just because they do, doesn't mean they do government work.

Lol..........

sere8u3a.jpg

Front page of pine tree casting web site ... Military hardware....

But I was saying indirectly . They make parts for other company's . Those company's get gov kick backs .

*raises pitchfork back up*

[pot]

And btw, I don't like the bullshit around Remington either. But if I started hating on shit like this my firearms collection would never reach epic proportion. Hey at least I'm not burning Ruger mags or something [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom