Savage Stance Handgun

This could have competed with the original Shield or 2.0. Now with the Hellcat, P365, Ruger Max, and Shield Plus this has zero going for it.

It looks horrible. It better have a killer trigger because that's about all it can have going for it. In a Falcon world, it's barely a CJ.

Yeah, bit of a late entry but I wish them well. Perhaps a nice option. I'll say this about Savage- they have been very good about supporting clubs in the local area. Nobody has shot one yet and the pig pile is already forming.

images

I must have been asleep at the wheel- I didn't recall them releasing the straight pull rifles. Ambi bolts for those too.

$479 base
$548 night sights
$561 laser

I understand they are just slapping parts on them and changing the colors but they have 14 different skus for the thing
Crazy

anyone want to chime in on...

LCI (looks like if there is one it isn't going to be any better than a Glock)

If they will submit for MA required testing

well, I have a savage 10FP that's amazing, I'm willing to try it. Looks like a walther PPS to me, which isn't really a bad thing.

Stance is the dumbest name for a pistol ever. They should have named the pistol “grip zone” that would have at least been funny. Plus it’s 7 rd capacity with flush mag so it brings absolutely nothing new to an already saturated market.

According to the pictures and their website, the safety is ambi:
View attachment 554587
View attachment 554588
The photo I looked at was the wrong model.

To me this looks a lot like Mossbergs' and Taurus' recent single stack pistols. Not bad, but late to the party and not full capacity. Safety ergo looks sucky too, why bother if not done right?

They should have named the pistol “grip zone” that would have at least been funny
Or something needlessly edgy, like "Exterminator" or "Slayer" which would be fun to report in the news or courtroom if used.

"The shooter used his Savage Exterminator to shoot the alleged intruder..."

I'd be willing to handle and try one at a rental range, assuming it's actually a Savage-built gun and not a rebranded Turkish gun. Then again, I don't think that would qualify for import under the points system.

Yeah, bit of a late entry but I wish them well. Perhaps a nice option. I'll say this about Savage- they have been very good about supporting clubs in the local area. Nobody has shot one yet and the pig pile is already forming.

images

I must have been asleep at the wheel- I didn't recall them releasing the straight pull rifles. Ambi bolts for those too.
i have had very good luck with Savage bolt action rifles. they can go thru hell and keep on ticking and shooting straight.

Back
Top Bottom