• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on k31 swiss

Good for you; enjoy!
FWIW, I have a few of those charging clips (original style) and a no-mod scope mount. The mount interferes with charger feeding and I never would get reliable ejection with it.

FWIW, my neighbor has a pristine Schmidt-Rubin 1896/11 Rifle. He has had some issues with the law, so I think the firearms are being held elsewhere. Whether it could be for sale, IDK.

View: https://i.imgur.com/42yr8PP.jpg

That’s the same scope mount I have.

K31's and Swedish Mausers are largely considered the most accurate of milsurp rifles. Great triggers and overall outstanding quality. Via the K31, I've won a bunch of trinkets at local matches plus some silver medals at the annual CMP match at Camp Ethan Allen. The straight pull bolt is great for the rapid fire stages. I think the K31 might have the most Vintage Military Rifle wins at Camp Perry Nationals over the last 10 years or so.

Check under the butt plate to see if there is a troop tag. One of my K31's that I shoot most often in vintage matches was shot in the Swiss national Schuetzenfests by the same guy it was issued to in the service. The name on the troop tag under the butt plate matches the civilian business sticker and the Schuetzenfest sticker. There's a stack of Schuetzenfest inspection stickers on the hand guard.

1671200213109-png.698608

FYI, so far I have not found any new manufacture stripper clips that are worth a sh!t. Also the reproduction magazines are OK except for the latch pivot pins that like to fall out. Peen the ends of the pin a little and it will stay in place.

IMHO worth getting your hands on a little GP11 to at least try it in your K31. I spent a lot of time trying to develop a load that would beat GP11 and the best I could do was achieve similar results. PPU ammo is decent.

giphy.gif

The K31 is a superb rifle...I don't shoot mine nearly as often as I should. Great sights, great trigger (at least for a milsurp) and very ergonomic when you get behind it, once you get used to the straight pull. GP11 is good stuff but can be hard to come by. The PPU 174gr load is pretty good...I've gotten decent groups with it. If you reload PPU brass is great, but be careful with bullet seating depth...the K31 has a very shallow throat so bullets need to be seated fairly deep in order to chamber. I've had good luck with both 168gr and 175gr .308 bullets (i.e. Sierra Matchkings, Hornady Match/AMAX/ELD/etc. but I've also heard Noslers and Bergers fly well too)

The K31 is a superb rifle...I don't shoot mine nearly as often as I should. Great sights, great trigger (at least for a milsurp) and very ergonomic when you get behind it, once you get used to the straight pull. GP11 is good stuff but can be hard to come by. The PPU 174gr load is pretty good...I've gotten decent groups with it. If you reload PPU brass is great, but be careful with bullet seating depth...the K31 has a very shallow throat so bullets need to be seated fairly deep in order to chamber. I've had good luck with both 168gr and 175gr .308 bullets (i.e. Sierra Matchkings, Hornady Match/AMAX/ELD/etc. but I've also heard Noslers and Bergers fly well too)
Thats the only “faiil” on the k31 and swede …..no aperture style sights

Thats the only “faiil” on the k31 and swede …..no aperture style sights
It's too bad they did not learn from the Finns. The M39 has a rear blade that is mounted with two small screws. I installed an aftermarket aperture in ~30 seconds.

Heads up. Not cheap but they look nice.

Those look very nice, but damn- the price!

6-round repro's can be found for ~$65. Not cheap either. As I mentioned above, be sure to check the latch pivot pins and peen the ends a little if they can slip out of place.

Planning to shoot my K31 in Sunday's OCSA CMP match.

Back
Top Bottom