Scopes/lenses

I see quite often people have various size scopes and lenses...I have seen two "measurements", AxB and AxBxC...If I remember correctly, AxB is simply the magnification and then the width of the eyepiece. What does the AxBxC mean? Also, what are the advantages of having a smaller or larger eyepiece (lighting?)....Thanks guys.

When you only see "AxB" it is a fixed power scope.

i.e. 6x42 = 6x magnification and a 42mm lens

When you see "AxBxC" it is a variable power scope.

i.e. 3x9x40 = You can adjust the magnification between 3x and 9x, and it has a 40mm lens.

The eyepiece being bigger doesn't necessarily mean more light getting through, it's the lens that matters for light. You will get better light out of a 40mm lens than a 32mm lens.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Edit:

I looked around on that site, good stuff...However, I didn't find anything on the use of a scout scope...What is the typical use/advantage of a scout style sniper rifle? I read something about quick acquisition of targets, but I don't really see how a scout system would help there. Thanks again.

Last edited:
The scout rifle concept is supposed to give you
a quick acquisition because of the long eye relief
and low magnification. What rifle are you planning
on using this on?

F

I am going to get it...Still can't own a rifle though. I believe you have to be 21 to own. Which works out well, since the FID expires in 6 years anyways. I just gotta get my mom or dad to take me to city hall.

An FID card is the first step to eventually getting your LTC-A.

Just be like "Mom....whateva whateva, I do what I want...If I wanna get my FID card, I do what I want"
portachiavi%20cartman%20donna.jpg

ROFL...She's supportive of me getting my FID, as is my dad. It's just not a high priority for them (understandably so).

Back
Top Bottom