Sea Duck Hunting Boat

N.E. CHARTERS

Banned
Fisherman, Sea Duck hunters A Nautical Project. [smile]

Does anyone have an old trailer? Boat or flatbed utility ?

The plan for the Grady What do you think?

Sea Duck project

I have a older (1980's vintage) 21 ft Grady White fiberglass bow rider with blown Chevy 6 cyl I/O in it that would make a perfect Sea Duck hunting boat. the hull is good and it floats.

I also happen to have a perfectly good 90 HP Johnson outboard engine, hydraylic steering and controls that would work very nice on this boat.

It would need a motor mount bracket built from plywood/fiberglass to mount it to the stern.

So; lets rip out the old Chevy engine and out drive. Close up the hole in the transom with plywood and fiberglass and then sand and paint the boat Camo.

The seats need to be taken out and then install 4 new duck shooting chairs and gun racks along the gunnels

The Bow area will be converted to hold all the decoys and a boarding ladder and dog ramp built off the stern (maybe part of the motor mount).

A removable roof made of camo canvas would be great to shelter the hunters and dogs from cold rain & snow and help keep the boat warmer (Of course we need a portable heater in the boat)

Lots of skills needed.

Ripper outers to rip out stuff.
Sanders and cutters to sand & cut
Carpenters to build with plywood
Fiberglassers
Painters
Installers and helpers
welder to make an engine bracket and roof frame
Tailor to make the canvas top.
A videographer to record the whole Revival (Maybe we could get it on a TV Sports Show?)

A place to work inside would be nice. A big tent maybe?

Right now the boat is in Mass north of Boston.
We need to get a trailer to shag it around.
Once finished the boats home will be floating on a mooring in the Saco, River in Maine just south of Old Orchard Beach.

The boat could even be a floating Smelt camp in winter! a floating hunting club!

If your up to joining in for some fishing,hunting fun just send an E mail.

Capt Walt
Master Maine Guide

pic2894.jpg

A NEW and differnt SEA DUCK BOAT

I was just speaking with a guy about his Brand New 20 ft Downeaster style boat and we are thinking about setting it up for Sea Duck hunting trips.

Right now we are thinking about all the cool ways to rig it. Aside from the basics outboard and side console steering we are going to need some type of seats/storage for the life preservers (hide the Bright Orange) and all the decoys. Also would be nice to have a Cammo canvas roof for rainy days.

Any and All ideas of what would make a perfect Sea Duck Hunting boat? Anybody want to help sponsor this project?

Who would be interested in going Sea duck hunting? Show of hands.

Capt Walt

model-20-images.jpg

Back
Top Bottom