Second amendment march (Photos, too. )

Some random pics....

This guy from RTVI was actually around for awhile, not sure what kind of questions he asked, but he
was interviewing a lot of people....

DSC02517.jpg

MassMark with his patented Gadsden flag transporter.

DSC02531.jpg

DC Park Police rides.... one of them had a doggy in back, and the dog was somewhat displeased. The DCPP officer that was driving one of these, was actually pretty cool, though, he was actually hanging out and talking with people that came, I think even Michael Bane talked to him at length, mabye he was a fan of one of his shows on TV.

DSC02619.jpg

I'm guessing this is the Al Jazeera guy that Mark was talking about earlier.... later on, another guy was also talking to this reporter with Mark at the same time.

DSC02624.jpg

Dick Heller in a Photo op with a woman I can't remember the name of offhand...

DSC02636.jpg

A more distant view of the rally from just beyond where the porta potties were located....

DSC02679.jpg

View of the main tent area where they were still taking rally donations (in the red box you can see towards the right) handing out bumper stickers, etc.... Suzanna Hupp was selling her book here (I think she is there in the middle, if I'm not mistaken. ) although I think she ran out of copies to sell. Bill Hunt and some other gentleman were also in this tent, there were numerous books
for sale.

DSC02687.jpg

A couple of pics of the "Obama/Biden/Someone really important" motorcade...... sorry they came
out crappy, but the cars came so fast I had no time to get my fat ass up the hill to get closer... [laugh]

You can see the wig-wags under the grilles of the cars if you look hard enough...

DSC02482.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

Then later on we saw Marine One (or whatever they call it now) landing and then taking off from, what was presumably, the white house, about 10-15 minutes
later...

DSC02771.jpg

There was also this chopper, which looked like it was basically patrolling the whole area.. it probably passed over the site dozen times or more, at least.... The door was open on the
side, so my guess is there's a dude with a gun inside it, or at least some kind of observation devices. Looks like DC Park Police.

DSC02762.jpg

Last edited:
Glen Beck is currently laying the wood to the progressives again, specifically talking about yesterday's march and the triumph represented by peaceful people exercising their rights to free assembly (some of them carrying loaded firearms).

He highlighted that nothing happened, counter to what the press would have predicted and then went off on Clinton's comments about the Tea PArty and potential future Timothy McVeighs. He laughed off the idea that Clinton is projecting this on the Tea Party when it was Clinton himself who caused innocent women and children to get killed.

He pointed out how ludicrous it is to think Tim McVeigh was anything but a nut job and how insane it would be to expect the Tea Party to spawn more of him.

Go get 'em Glen!

Try to catch his re-runs later tonight, if you missed it.

ETA: Now he's got MLK's niece and Ted Nugent on simultaneously! What a pair!
And what a pair on Nugent to show his face today, subtley attempting to exploit yesterday's march and the positive outcome!

Last edited:
Glen Beck is currently laying the wood to the progressives again, specifically talking about yesterday's march and the triumph represented by peaceful people exercising their rights to free assembly (some of them carrying loaded firearms).

He highlighted that nothing happened, counter to what the press would have predicted...

What I heard, as I posted in another thread, was the implication that most were carrying loaded guns. What I hate is the fact that many times I (or anyone else who follows the news every day from a wide variety of sources) have a better grip on the facts than the cable/broadcast news achors and supposed experts themselves.

Great pics! Sincere appreciation to all the Patriots who made the trip to stand up for our rights. Thank you for representing those of us who couldn't be there in person, but were with you in spirit.

What I heard, as I posted in another thread, was the implication that most were carrying loaded guns. What I hate is the fact that many times I (or anyone else who follows the news every day from a wide variety of sources) have a better grip on the facts than the cable/broadcast news achors and supposed experts themselves.

What I heard was that there was a huge protest, peacefully held (what does it matter if there were actually two?) and that SOME of the attendees had loaded guns. He celebrated it as a perfect example of citizens expressing the right to fee assembly.

I suppose you could find something negative in almost anything, even in a fantastic tip of the hat to yesterday's participants!

I would never defend Fox's not being there, but I'd accept today's coverage for the positive that it was.

Last edited:

pl were taking pics of me with my sign everywhere i turned. on one side it said"second amendment:the one right that protects all others" then on the other i wrote "they can have my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands"!!!!!!

Abby, you ROCK. GREAT sign - I love seeing a young lady like yourself with those sentiments.

IMHO everyone here that decided to go deserves a big round of applause, and I'll even extend that to the people that had wanted to go but life ended up screwing them.
/
Even if Obama is not going to attempt to ban guns tomorrow, or even if he's politically incapable of doing it, it's important to realize that we have to keep pouring coal on the fire, even if it is only a few shovelsful here and there. We still have to make new gun owners and make the existing ones a hell of a lot more vigilant... otherwise accumulated complacency could come up and bite us in the ass later on when it REALLY matters- It's like a military readiness sort of thing- you still have to keep the tires, oil, and gas fresh on the vehicles otherwise when you need to use them they will falter.

I really had planned on going. BUT... I knew I was going to be on my feet all weekend. Frankly, I simply could not have stood for another day (I was hobbling around all yesterday as it was). Had I known I could have simply SAT... physical limitations suck.

But I felt it was more important for me to be where I was - at an Appleseed Shoot, waking up some sleeping Americans and helping them find the Rifleman in themselves. I had to make a choice. History may tell me someday if it was the right one or not, but absent a time machine, I had to make the best decision I could.

I see that two of our IITs were there (nice going, Ed & Kaisha!). I will attend next year. I may need a friggin' wheelchair, but I'll be there.

...I suppose you could find something negative in almost anything, even in a fantastic tip of the hat to yesterday's participants!...

I hope you're not implying that I am trying to denigrate Beck or his show. I am an avid (maybe rabid) fan, and have FN on all day long every day on three different TVs (kitchen, family-computer room, and reloading room. Maybe because I was there, I picked up on it. Not a big deal, but it should not have occurred.

Let's stop this back and forth on this thread. I should not have responded to your post on this topic on this thread as I made my points clear on the other thread. My apologies.

Last edited:
I had some negative outcome, too.
First, my face is red like a lobster because of sunburns.
Second, yesterday our AG Patric Lynch was at my college. So I lost an opportunity to ask him in public how come he decided I did not deserve an unrestricted permit to carry. I would surely kick his a**!!!

I apologize to the thread posters and to Titan for my responses to him in this thread. Guess I'm over tired having gotten very little sleep on the bus ride and only 3 hours once we got home. I should not have allowed our disagreement in another thread to spill over here.

My wife and I were there among all the NESers, but I didn't know anyone. We were walking back to the Smithsonian metro station afterwards and we were surrounded by the NES group heading back to the bus.

A guy with his family was waiting for the train and asked about the stickers I had plastered all over myself. Turns out he's a gun owner from RI and was disapointed he didn't know anything about the rally.

Had a nice chat with Michael Bane - what a nice down to earth guy.

Mike,

Terrific post. I especially agree with your outrage toward the NRA. Their lack of involvement is inexcusable.

Ted Nugent exposed himself for what he is, but the NRA was shameful.

The message the NRA sends in staying away is ....'We're not taking a chance getting involved with a bunch of gun nuts who might make us look bad.'

DISGRACEFUL!

Where is that 800 lb gorilla everyone always talks about when you need them the most ?? Inexcusable that they passed up this chance to be there.[angry][angry]

first off thanks to everyone who went to represent. thanks to kiver. thanks and sorry to... shoot i forgot the screen name, the person who had a sign i claimed but forgot all about, and i never picked up. i am sorry and i hope at least one of the others made use of it. Nice to see everyone even if i didn't get to talk to you.

ok here we go. there is no way i can post 250 pics due to upload limits so i will pick some of the best.

Waiting for and on the bus:

View attachment 10026 View attachment 10027 View attachment 10028 View attachment 10029

After bus arrived:

View attachment 10030 View attachment 10032 View attachment 10031

Last edited:
I apologize to the thread posters and to Titan for my responses to him in this thread. Guess I'm over tired having gotten very little sleep on the bus ride and only 3 hours once we got home. I should not have allowed our disagreement in another thread to spill over here.

Don't worry about it.

It was a great day and nice to be in good company. Thanks again Kiver, you are a Great Patriot. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this and giving me the opportunity to get off my butt and be there.

we were buzzed by that same u.s. park police helicopter at gravelly. they did two or three circles real low, low enough that it was clear there wasn't a guy with a rifle hanging out the side. someone in a suit, actually.

some people said they saw a camera, but i think it was just one of the park police mucky-mucks who wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and why he had to budget a detail that morning to shut down the G.W. memorial parkway for our convoy to roll through.

Nice to see everyone even if i didn't get to talk to you.

I was discussing the trip with my girlfriend, and this point came up. Please bear with me, and I’ll try to explain what I told her.

My mindset was mostly about the business at hand, and that’s why I stood in front of the stage pretty much all day, sign in hand. After a few hours, my legs and feet began to hurt, but I was actively demonstrating, and I wasn’t going to let that deter me. There were lots of NESers around, but I didn’t do much socializing. I mostly just listened to the speakers and participated when that was called for (singing The Star-Spangled Banner, reciting The Pledge of Allegiance, etc.) My point is that even though I didn’t talk to many people, it didn’t seem to matter because there seemed to be a great camaraderie between us nonetheless.

I put my cooler of food and a bag of gifts I’d bought before the event started next to another NESer's stuff, figuring that it was less likely to get stepped on that way. When I went to the Porta-Potty or walked up to the edge of the stage to get a better view of a particularly moving speaker, I never asked the woman there to watch my belongings, but I wasn’t worried. I would not normally leave valuables unattended, but while gathering with these like-minded Patriots from across the country—people who believe in the principles upon which this country was founded—concern that someone would walk off with my stuff didn’t seem necessary.

Before and after the event, I did learn about some of you, but there were lots of others on the bus that I never got a chance to speak with (or at least not very much). I hope there will be other opportunities and want you all to know that I was honored to share the experience with you.

Back
Top Bottom