Second amendment march (Photos, too. )

I know there's a lot going on below the surface, but from my outside perspective, you seemed as normal as any other Patriot there on Monday—not weird at all. Besides, aren't all people each a little different in their own way?

People probably don't see you in social situations like you think they do or in the way that you feel... kind of like someone listening to a recording of their own voice and how that sounds odd, and maybe not very pleasant, even though everyone around them thinks the person's voice sounds just fine.

well thanks for that, and your right i don't feel normal.

Titan, I'm in that boat too. so i feel for her. thing is i see all this in myself but changing is so darn hard.

anyway back on topic I've taken this WAY off. so didn't anybody see my pics? or are they invisible?

I heard there was a piece in the Boston Globe about the 2A March in DC....cant find it ....anyone have a link?

ETA: Oh wait, I think I got it:

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/news/101048-springtime-for-militia/

sorry if its a dupe

Looks like the NRA got credit for organizing OUR March on the Mall....WTF.

/John

Huh? Where did the author get that BS? I was there the entire time right next to the press area. I never heard or saw ANY of that.

First, the opening photo isn't even of the DC rally, it was from the Virginia one.

"helicopter hovering above the Mall causes much paranoia." - Annoyance for the noise, but paranoia? Me thinks the author was off his meds.

Yes, the Pink Pistol speaker was rather gruff. However, I was happy to see the crowd remained SILENT when she did or said anything they felt was over the top. Certainly nobody yelled "Shut the f*** up, you disgusting f@ggot" (and you could have heard a pin drop at some of the pauses) She got rousing support for things that were spot on. However, as was prophetically commented by another attendee, it was this ONE speaker that is singled out by the media. Gotta love the balanced reporting.

Never saw or heard anyone stomping through the crowd telling everyone they were committing treason or the alleged China comment.

Did anyone see any "giant cardboard crucifixes"?

Sure, it is possible I missed some of the alleged events, it was a sizable crowd, but to not see or hear ANY of it???

I know the media has been one sided, but to outright LIE about the event is a new low.

Last edited:
I heard there was a piece in the Boston Globe about the 2A March in DC....cant find it ....anyone have a link?

ETA: Oh wait, I think I got it:

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/news/101048-springtime-for-militia/

sorry if its a dupe

Looks like the NRA got credit for organizing OUR March on the Mall....WTF.

/John

complete and utter bull Sh!t

But soon after I arrive, the serenity is shattered by an outspoken party crasher who stomps through the crowd accusing everyone of treason. In minutes, the eccentric Cambridge-style lefty and her two passive hounds are chased away by a young man screaming: “People in China get shot for saying things like that!”

This so called lady goes through the crowd screaming like a crazy person, trying her hardest to get people riled up. I saw her in the face of others and people just let her pass on giggling a bit. There was one person who said something to her in a sarcastic tone, but for the most part people were amused by her

Is this rag like the Valley Advocate?? If so I understand

Last edited:
Never saw or heard anyone stomping through the crowd telling everyone they were committing treason or the alleged China comment.

Did anyone see any "giant cardboard crucifixes"?

I saw the old lady with the dogs running her mouth about something. Someone did try petting one of her dogs and she got all bent out of shape, but that was it. I too did not see any giant cardboard crucifixes.

I saw some Christian Flags, But no cardboard crucifixes
christian_Flag.gif

I saw a guy with a large cross with some Christan Jewish babble written on a sign. He was about as far away from our rally way in the back as he could be. That is the only thing I can think of.

Last edited:
Many thanks to those who made the trip to DC. Similar to others that were there, I'm not the most socially talkative, although I did meet some new folks from NES and reintroduce myself to some others. I wish there was a larger turnout, but I'm still glad I went. Perhaps the most value comes from telling co-workers and acquaintances how I spent my Patriot Day weekend. They all know I'm "into guns" (whatever the hell that means), but many were surprised that I would spend the time and money to travel to DC in support of gun rights and I think that is the part that sticks with them. I encourage everyone to get out and get involved. It doesn't have to be a huge political statement, but get up and do something; actions speak louder than words.

Some rally photos:
2nd_Rally_2010_2.jpg 2nd_Rally_2010_3.jpg 2nd_Rally_2010_4.jpg 2nd_Rally_2010_5.jpg 2nd_Rally_2010_6.jpg 2nd_Rally_2010_7.jpg 2nd_Rally_2010_8.jpg 2nd_Rally_2010_9.jpg 2nd_Rally_2010_10.jpg

And one gratuitous landscape shot, only because it might be the single most artistic photo I've ever taken [smile]
2nd_Rally_2010_1.jpg

Huh? Where did the author get that BS?

Yes, the Pink Pistol speaker was rather gruff. However, I was happy to see the crowd remained SILENT when she did or said anything they felt was over the top.

I didn't like the Pink Pistol speaker's speech very much because I didn't think she was representing our cause very well. Other than to go to the Porta-Potty, that was the only time I walked further away from the stage than where the NES group congregated. I ended up in the back of the crowd, and from my vantage point it seemed like everyone behaved appropriately respectful in a situation that could have turned ugly. In view of what was happening on the stage, I was proud of the Patriots there for handling it so well.

complete and utter bull Sh!t

This so called lady goes through the crowd screaming like a crazy person, trying her hardest to get people riled up.

That's what I saw too. I heard someone yell something about treason, and when I turned to see what was going on I saw a woman with bushy, red hair just behind the press area. She was there for a few seconds shouting her uninformed BS and then headed back towards the Washington Monument. That was it. I was probably only 20 feet away, and even though she was trying to be disruptive of our event, I didn't hear anyone say anything rude to her.

CHRIS FARAONE is the name of the person who wrote the wildly inaccurate Boston Phoenix article. Here's a quote from his profile on their website:

To sharpen my writing and further delay life, I enrolled at New School University’s Graduate Faculty, where I was the biggest dope in the program.

Of that, I have no doubt.

CHRIS FARAONE is the name of the person who wrote the wildly inaccurate Boston Phoenix article. Here's a quote from his profile on their website:

Of that, I have no doubt.

I will be writing a letter to The Boston Phoenix explaining my disappointment in the lack of truth in their reporters article.

The same goes for me. I always seem to feel like an outsider coming into a group of people who already know each other. I know it may seem that I am aloof in that situation but if I meet each person one on one I have a much easier time. Nice to know someone else experiences this as well.

Yeah, I'm shy too.

Great pics everyone, thanks for posting.

Glad you all came down. I was at the Open Carry / Restore the Consitution event across the river. Seems we did hog all the press from y'all for a much smaller crowd which I regret, but then again we were making our point a little more...emphatically.

Do not fear--those In The Know in the DoJ, White House, etc know we are out there...blades of grass etc. Keep voting and get involved locally!

You know, I've been trying to be optimistic about the rally. After all, we're just supporting our constitutional rights. But when I see 50 times or more people protesting in Arizona in support of their unconstitutional rights, I realize we are screwd.

Granted, most of those in favor of maintaining our rights actaully work to support most of those who want "rights" for illegals, but still, are you serious?

Back
Top Bottom