Seecamp .32 Owners ???

JohnnyC

NES Member
Hello - I am about to put a deposit down and order a Seecamp .32.... Do you have recommendations either for or against? Please let me know your experiences? I understand they are ammo finicky... Thanks, Johnny

A great gun, almost like a artfull pocket watch ,a little tempermental in what is shot out of it.I carry it in my swim shorts[not in the water]In winter it sits in my safe.

I had one for a while. It was really done well.
That being said. At the time I had the Seecamp, I also had the keltec, NAA Guardian and a Tomcat. The only one I still have is the keltec.

The seecamp while extremely well made, but it is very heavy for what it is (NAA too).
It seemed to me like it was the heaviest of the bunch.

I liked the guardian better, as I liked the sites, take down and more ammo choices. It was nice but, the seecamp was just a little bit overall nicer, fit and finish. But the NAA felt better in my hand and has lots of grip choices.

I liked the NAA and seecamp a lot better than the Beretta, as that was far too wide and bulky feeling. It just felt far too big.

But, I kept the Keltec, as for me, it was the best of the bunch, small light, remedial but usable sites,non ammo sensitive and it has been 100% reliable.

By my estimation.. I would rank them:
Keltec
NAA
Seecamp
and a far last place to the Beretta.

Last edited:
You will either love it or hate it. I couldn't stand mine so I sold it. It was very well constructed, however. Top notch customer service, too.

The only good thing it does is be tiny. Mine needed a death grip for reliable function. The manual of arms sucks (needs to have a mag at least partially inserted to pull the slide back).

I will say it was pretty accurate for a gun with no sights on it.

I would only buy one if you need a .32 ACP that will fit in nearly any pocket.

-Mike

I bought mine off a buddy who purchased a number of different loads for ammo testing. I have shot it with GoldDot, Hornady Custom and Winchester Silvertips. It has functioned well with each, but only have limited rounds of the GoldDot and Hornady custom ammo (~25 rounds each). I have a couple hundred rounds of Silvertip through it.

32 Seecamp - I love mine and don't leave home without it.
They are a quality pistol, but it is a specialty tool not a target pistol.
I shoot Winchester white box truncated cone (flat nose ammo) $20.00 for 50 from Walmart.
That is the practice ammo to use with the Seecamp, just open the box and make sure it's the flat nosed bullets.
And for protection, I use the round the pistol was designed for Winchester 60 grain HP Silver Tips.
Nowdays there are other ammo options so you aren't just limited to that one type of round.
CHECK OUT THE SEECAMP OWNERS FORUM.
smitty

I have handled the Seecamp and it felt good for a small gun. The only downsides I've heard about the gun (and this is hearsay, not personal experience) is that it can be finicky about ammo, and the company (Seecamp) had a tendency to be arrogant and unhelpful. I like my NAA when I need a small gun.

the company (Seecamp) had a tendency to be arrogant and unhelpful.

drgrant = Top notch customer service, too.

Headscratch.gif

I have one, but have not used it much... I like it, but the jury is still out. In regards to customer service, I've seen the Owner/President of the company post his cell phone number on their website's forum for people who've had questions. Although I've not tried(needed) to reach him, that seems like top-notch customer service to me.

Very well made, & Seecamp has outstanding customer service. I like it, with the exception of the stripping/cleaning process.

I love mine..... which is why I waited over two years for delivery of it. It is a piece of art. As another poster stated it is like a fine pocket watch. I find most people who buy and keep a Seecamp are those who bought it because it was a Seecamp. If that makes sense.

All I know is I broke mine by mucking up the springs with it (I'm trying to remember exactly what I did, but it was completely stupid, that much I do remember) and they sent it back with extra springs and a new manual, all in a weeks time...

-Mike

very well made little gun. I had a chance to fire it but honestly i like my Micro Eagle better. Micro Eagle is much more accurate in my hands then Seecamp, also Micro Eagle bit heavier and its also .380 which is a +

I have had three, 25,32 and 380. Like a fool I sold the 25 when I got the 32. 32 and 380 have SPG as part of serial #. They will only be going to heirs! (and I am not adopting any of you! well maybe one or two).

That being said, they are heavy; think Rolex Submariner. Finicky about ammo.. designed around a specific load for reliability, works for me.

Are they for everybody, no. would a Raven or Loricin work as well? not for my fat butt. Steve

It is TINY, literally fit within the palm of my hand. Ammo finicky for sure, and with long fingernails virtually impossible to shoot. Not a problem you may have LOL Stripping is a pain in the behind.

Love mine, Never had any problem with ammo, (If using any of the rounds recomended by the Factory) Well built, but need to read the Manual, It does have a few Quirks, when it comes to loading and unloading ( IE: Mag must be Partially inserted to retract slide. I believe the Mag holds the Main spring to the trigger in position. ) A+++ customer service, Larry does answer questions on the forum on a regular basis an there is alot of info that can be gotton on the Seecamp Forum. ( And yes he has posted his personal cell number for members of the Forum to contact him if needed.) Its not a target pistol, It is what it is and does its job perfectly. I will never be without one.

Hello - I am about to put a deposit down and order a Seecamp .32.... Do you have recommendations either for or against? Please let me know your experiences? I understand they are ammo finicky... Thanks, Johnny

I bought two back when this was the only available new-production gun from a reliable manufacturer in this size range. The .32 ACP Silvertip was a significant upgrade from my Colt Juniors in .22 Short.

That being said, with all the new guns of equivalent size available today in .380 ACP, I wouldn't buy a new .32 ACP for other than novelty value.

I love mine. Great for summer carry and deep concealment. I bought a Desantis Super Fly pocket holster and for it and can carry it anywhere even in mesh shorts.
I also bought some Hogue slip on grips for it. Much easier to hang on to now.

Back
Top Bottom