• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Dems accused of pushing ‘backdoor gun tax’ on lawful firearm owners

Reptile

NES Member

Colorado firearm owners face 'gun control by another name,' Denver publication writes​

A local news outlet accused Colorado Democrats of pushing a "backdoor gun tax" through legislation that would require firearm owners to purchase liability insurance.

Three state Democrats — two representatives and one senator — on Feb. 13 introduced the legislation, which would require gun owners to maintain insurance that covers anyone injured from an accidental shooting. Failure to buy the extra coverage would face a $500 fine for the first offense and $1,000 for the second.

"That’s right, the same ‘justice reform’-obsessed lawmakers who had to be publicly shamed into cracking down on auto theft last year after previously reducing it to a misdemeanor — have no problem socking it to lawful gun owners," The Denver Gazette's editorial board wrote Sunday.

Continues...

I think it's a great idea. Now let's have a poll tax. $1,000 to vote.

Maybe a Stamp Act. $500 per blog or article.

How about Uncle charges you $800 a month NOT to quarter troops in your home?

So, how much the liability insurance would cost? maybe $800 a year or less? Well, I rather to pay the $500 fine if something happened. Again if something happened. Problem solved. 🤣

This should work well since criminals are generally broke. So by making insurance unobtainable for them they will be forced to abandon/ surrender all guns they currently own. What a well thought out plan. I approve.

... what do I win? [smile]

This play has been going on for a while
Pay the insurence rate (too much of a risk) if you can find one that will give you a policy or get rid of your guns
Thats the back door gun ban

Back
Top Bottom