sharon fish and game?

TommyGunn

Banned
how do you become a member tehre where is it? where do i get an application. how can i check it out?

As a former member (resigned in 2000) . . .

- Show up at 10AMish on a Sunday morning, drive up to the skeet/trap fields (to the left after the 2nd fish pond) and introduce yourself to the folks in the little house there.

- Someone should give you a tour of the place and an application.

- Location is on East Street, Sharon. ~1/2 mile up the street from Crescent Ridge Dairy (which is on the corner of Bay Road and East St.). There is a small club sign and another that says (Brauneis Way - not a real street, I did this in honor of a long-time club member who passed away).

- Facilities: Clubhouse with 50/75 ft (by moving shooting benches forward/backward) indoor range (ventilation was very poor when I resigned, may have been upgraded since then) where only lead ammo is allowed (NO plated/jacketed ammo). Pistol and .22RF rifle only. You must go down-range to change targets. They do run some NRA pistol matches there.

- Outdoor range: 50 yds, PISTOL ONLY (and .22RF rifle). NO other rifles!

- Skeet and trap fields open on Sunday morning to the public at 10AM.

- Two fishing ponds, only the back one stocked due to poachers at the front one (on East St.). Separate membership required and it is fly fishing, catch & release only (you can only keep a limited number).

- Unless there has been a sudden up-surge in membership (extremely doubtful), it is an aging population with an estimated 250 members with >25% being "grandfather clause" (life members who pay no dues). Check out dues carefully, as I've heard a rumor that they jumped them very high. The club during my 24 years as a member operated on a "shoe-string" budget and they wanted to be "low key" so they refused to do anything that would get them more members in any quantity.

- Last I knew, the club was focused on skeet/trap, but they had an active pistol team. Those of us that "carry" a gun were looked down upon. Legislatively, they were in the "could care less" category . . . I was the GOAL Rep and Legislative Chairman for ~14 years.

-They are affiliated with GOAL. They have never had a website to the best of my knowledge.

Hope this is helpful. I don't know anything more about the place that is current. I've only stepped foot on the property once to meet an NES member recently, otherwise my last time on the property was sometime in 1998 or 1999.

Back
Top Bottom