Shield 10 round kit

So you never use Pro mags and let me guess you don't own a shield? Do you even shoot bro?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wow, a little sensitive or what. You are correct on one point, I don't shoot ProMags. I have seen them and they are cheap tin. Yes, Brother, I do shoot. I also reload and I do own a Shield as well as other Smith and Wesson models along with many other brands. You have exactly 11 posts since joining NES in Oct. 2016. Look up my posts and my feedback. You can tell more about me with just a little searching just here on NES.

Jay

So you never use Pro mags and let me guess you don't own a shield? Do you even shoot bro? Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
So besides trolling this post being a fanboy for ProMag's, your only other post since joining NES is a PhotoShop about a missile in the "Gbu-43/B MOAB dropped in Afghanistan" thread? Go Green and put your money where your mouth is. Are you the same "ogre11rugby" who last "ran" in 2014 around the Brentwood Conservation Land? Your YouTube channel receives almost zero attention with your anime? You're boring.

Jay

No, no idea what Brentwood conservation land is. Thanks for stalking me though.

My bad. There must be more than one "ogre11rugby" out there....

ogel_zps0s5n8sod.jpg

My apologies to the rest on this thread. I'll stop feeding the trolls now.

Jay

For the third time thickness.

Thickness as in height/depth/width characteristic, or thickness as in slowness, obtuseness, and stupidity?

Just trying to be precise, here.

Don't get me wrong--the Shield is tremendous. I paid a gunsmith $600 to shorten the barrel and slide by an inch. Then I modded the magwell to take custom Sten-gun mags made by ProMag. It is my hands-down favorite Gat to carry when I'm wearing Yoga pants. I'm thinking about getting the slide ported.

Last edited:
Guarantee you've never owned a ProMag. Probably just repeat everything the guy at the gun store tells you and act like it's your own opinion.

Said the new guy who won't spring for a green membership...

$_32.JPG

Oh, and I still got the Sig 220 "jam master" promag that was a waste of cash.

Last edited:
Oh, and I still got the Sig 220 "jam master" promag that was a waste of cash.

That's one of the ones I shot. Promag had a 10 round P220 mag. It's single stack, you would figure some company wouldn't be able to
**** that up... WRONG. [rofl]

-Mike

i dont know other mfr's model sizes to well, but there wasnt a single stack pistol out there other than the shield that fit your size requirements (thickness) or close to while providing 10 round capacity?

Usually I carry my shield I always carry the 8 rounder in the gun and an 8 rounder as a backup. I'd like to increase the capacity of my spare mag but the price of either the hyve extension or magguts kit I could buy another 8 rounder, so I haven't sprung for it yet. I've also heard a few less than stellar things about the magguts kit.

As for the pro mag 10 rounder, I've heard some crappy things but I might try one out because it's so cheap. If it doesn't work I just wouldn't carry it.

Last edited:
I don't want to take away from the size too much since it's going to be used as my edc. Being a 1/4 inch larger than the 8 round mag it doesn't seem like that will be too bad but then again I'm green to this whole thing. I do want to practice with it to be efficient so if I can't carry the extended mag comfortably what's the sense having it since I'll be practicing with the 8 or 7. The pro mag looks much too large and I'm sure some can carry it but it appears very gaudy to me but that's just my opinion. Just looking to keep it as close to the 8 round mag as possible.

I'd like to increase the capacity of my spare mag but the price of either the hyve extension or magguts kit I could buy another 8 rounder, so I haven't sprung for it yet.

I feel the same, especially since you can find mags on sale from time to time. I am also against messing with magazines unless they are for range use.

I have the Magguts +1 in my 7rd carry mag, and +2 spring/extension for backup 8rd mags. So the 7 becomes an 8 and the 8s become 10s. The Promag 10rd is way too long and you probably couldn't even carry it in a rear pocket of a pair of jeans, reliability aside.

The Magguts springs, followers, and other parts are all very well made, and probably will outlast any of the stock Shield mag parts. They've been tried and tested by plenty of people without issues. On the other hand, there HAVE been issues reported with the factory magazine springs.

Back
Top Bottom