• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting at Walmart in Rochester NH

Family is blood. I dont know if you realize this.

I don't care. If my brother did a stupid thing I would have no more sympathy for him than I do for your brother. I would be there for him because he is my brother but I would fully understand that people are going to call what he did stupid. No matter how you slice it he made a stupid decision to illegally carry a firearm, and he made an even stupider decision when he tried to draw it and shot himself. I have no doubt he knew what he was doing and that he knew what he was doing was wrong.

I don't know if you realize this but he just did a great deal of harm to his life and future in regards to his rights and freedom. I just hope he didn't do any harm to everyone else's rights and freedoms. The anti gunners just love people like your brother because they can hold them up as examples why they(the .gov) needs to take away the rights and freedoms of those of us that didn't do anything stupid. Needless to say it rather grinds on those of us that have to spend lots of our time and money chasing these politicians around to be able to keep our Constitutionally Guaranteed rights.

No one points out that there are millions of us that carry and shoot guns everyday, but one stupid act like your brother's gets a great deal of mileage in the press. And does a great deal of harm.

That all being said I hope he fully recovers and only experiences enough pain to really drive home the lesson he needs to learn.

Last edited:
For your information thats my brother, he is not a low life...

Then could you please give us a rational explanation forhis actions?? Was the octogenarian greeter threatening him? Was he in fear for his life from the 14yr old at the service desk?

For you guys to crack jokes about this is absurd. I cant believe the stuff some of you have said. Yes it was dumb of him, yes it was very dangerous but you have no idea about his background or even the situation at all.

As Jose mentioned. We don't care to know his life story. His actions speak for themselves. His negligence could have easily killed innocent people. People that misuse firearms in this way will always be mocked, and shunned on this forum, and deservedly so.

Everyone is quick to judge, its very immature and disrespectful. If you knew the story he never shot anyone,

NO. what HE did was immature, disrespectful and a danger to innocent people. Misusing, mishandling and violating the laws is NOT what this forum is about. All on this forum are committed to the laws, safety and by necessity, the safe handling of guns.

All that said. I am sorry about your brother. I feel sorry that you are forced to deal with this.

Sounds very selfish and immature. I understand how it's difficult for people who respect the law but I dont understand why that gives you the right to say you know what type of person he is. Hes young he has a lot of growing up to do and unfortunetlly didn't have the best childhood and I stand behind him 100%.

Standing behind him is probably the safest place to be, seems he is only shooting at his frontal anatomy [smile]. Sorry your kin is a wingnut, but, he brought all of this humor onto himself. The fact he had a bad childhood justify's him in no way. People, including young adults need to cowboy up, and face this world and stop using silly reasons or execuses for their actions. "My daddy beat me, so that gives me the right to try to ruin, and hurt everyone else", how pathetic.

Sounds like to me he rode the short bus with a helmet on. He also deserves ALL of the verbal and legal punishment he is going to get. So yes lets all stomp on the one ball this little tard has left.

Also you need to be thankful this little punk, never did this to some of the forum people here, the whole outcome WOULD have been different, he wouldn't be being charged at all, he would be being burried.

Gunsgunsguns, had I been present and been carrying at the time, I believe I would have felt threatened, and in NH, I have no duty to retreat. You'd be planting the idiot instead of trying to blame his f***ing RETARDED actions on his less than perfect life. I'd keep firing until the threat was neutralized, IE no longer twitching on the floor which would probably be after approximately 1 and a half mags from a 1911, AND I WOULD NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT DOING IT.

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF I KNOW HIM OR NOT, HE HAD HIS OWN FREE WILL, HE CHOSE TO f*** UP, NOW HE DEALS WITH THE CONSEQUENCES. f***ING DEAL WITH IT.

+1 to whoever the f*** said they hoped he shot his balls off thereby exiting the gene pool in my beloved state.

17 year old, carrying concealed, pulling a pistol inside a Store....and now we're hearing "it's not his fault, he had a bad childhood" crap...

I'm just glad that now he'll be charged with a felony and never have the right to own or carry a firearm again - he'll earn the results of his actions (I hope.)

So because of "people like my brother" for doing something stupid it gives you the right to talk crap? Just because anti gun groups make it more difficult for you guys to own guns.

It most definitely gives us the right to call your brother an idiot. You are not going to get any support from your brother on this forum. Everyone here obey's the law. If he is indeed your brother no one did this to him but himself. Now he has to pay.

Last edited:
Your brother acted like a moron.As a law abiding citzen I reserve the right to call an a-hole who is a setback to our cause any thing I want. I'll even go a step farther and say you can't be too bright to attempt to defend him in this crowd.Whatever happens to him was caused by him.

17 year old, carrying concealed, pulling a pistol inside a Store....and now we're hearing "it's not his fault, he had a bad childhood" crap...

I'm just glad that now he'll be charged with a felony and never have the right to own or carry a firearm again - he'll earn the results of his actions (I hope.)

He didn't have the right to carry it the first time [thinking]

Miller, who was out on bail on charges of first-degree assault for allegedly stabbing someone last June

I'm not saying he is guilty of the first crime here but this incident along with the other alleged crime isn't exactly making him look like a stand up citizen here.

During his arraignment in district court today, Assistant County Attorney Dorothy Walch revealed that Levi Downs, the victim in the shooting, shot himself after also attempting to brandish a gun.

Didn't even see that one the first time. [thinking]

Last edited:
So, two complete lowlifes get in a fight, one idiot shoots himself, the other was out on bail for being a scumbag in general and is now back behind bars....

.. and then this troll shows up? [smile]

I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of gunsgunsguns claims of a filial relationship here, but ... thanks for the entertainment I guess, it's the least your family could do after providing the world with yet another dangerous moron.

In all seriousness I'm quite sick of watching the system go after people like the members of this board and watching people like this tool's brain dead brother spiral out of control towards expensive incarceration or death, frequently taking others along for the ride.

So, two complete lowlifes get in a fight, one idiot shoots himself, the other was out on bail for being a scumbag in general and is now back behind bars....

.. and then this troll shows up? [smile]

I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of gunsgunsguns claims of a filial relationship here, but ... thanks for the entertainment I guess, it's the least your family could do after providing the world with yet another dangerous moron.

In all seriousness I'm quite sick of watching the system go after people like the members of this board and watching people like this tool's brain dead brother spiral out of control towards expensive incarceration or death, frequently taking others along for the ride.

Actually the way i read it both people shot themself. The other one was kept kinda quite. We don't know an age of the other person or if they could legally carry.

Both were obviously incompetent though.

Actually the way i read it both people shot themself. The other one was kept kinda quite. We don't know an age of the other person or if they could legally carry.

Both were obviously incompetent though.

ROCHESTER — The victim in the shooting at Wal-Mart on Farmington Road Tuesday night inflicted his wounds on himself after pulling a gun from his pants during an altercation, according to the Strafford County Attorney's office.

Steven Miller, 18, of 4 Weare St. in East Rochester, was arrested in connection with the shooting after police used video surveillance to identify him as one person who brandished a gun during an argument near the Wal-Mart service desk.

During his arraignment in district court today, Assistant County Attorney Dorothy Walch revealed that Levi Downs, the victim in the shooting, shot himself after also attempting to brandish a gun.

It is unclear if Downs will be charged in connection with the shooting and police said they are still investigating who had guns and who discharged the weapon in the store.

Miller, who was out on bail on charges of first-degree assault for allegedly stabbing someone last June, saw his bail set at $50,000 cash. He will continue to be held in county jail.

I don't think Miller was shot, he was arguing and brandishing his gun and arrested in connection with etc. Downs seems to have shot himself as he was attempting to flex nuts. [rofl]

ROCHESTER — The victim in the shooting at Wal-Mart on Farmington Road Tuesday night inflicted his wounds on himself after pulling a gun from his pants during an altercation, according to the Strafford County Attorney's office.

Steven Miller, 18, of 4 Weare St. in East Rochester, was arrested in connection with the shooting after police used video surveillance to identify him as one person who brandished a gun during an argument near the Wal-Mart service desk.

It is unclear if Downs will be charged in connection with the shooting and police said they are still investigating who had guns and who discharged the weapon in the store.

Miller, who was out on bail on charges of first-degree assault for allegedly stabbing someone last June, saw his bail set at $50,000 cash. He will continue to be held in county jail.

I don't think Miller was shot, he was arguing and brandishing his gun and arrested in connection with etc. Downs seems to have shot himself as he was attempting to flex nuts. [rofl]

oh ok, your right. It was a little confusing trying to follow who was who. It appears. Miller was the 18 year old who pulled the gun, who is also out on bail after allegedly stabbing someone

Downs was the "victim" in the situation who presumably shot himself while trying to defend himself. It is unclear if Downs had an LTC or not.

Gunsgunsguns, had I been present and been carrying at the time, I believe I would have felt threatened, and in NH, I have no duty to retreat. You'd be planting the idiot instead of trying to blame his f***ing RETARDED actions on his less than perfect life. I'd keep firing until the threat was neutralized, IE no longer twitching on the floor which would probably be after approximately 1 and a half mags from a 1911, AND I WOULD NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT DOING IT.

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF I KNOW HIM OR NOT, HE HAD HIS OWN FREE WILL, HE CHOSE TO f*** UP, NOW HE DEALS WITH THE CONSEQUENCES. f***ING DEAL WITH IT.

+1 to whoever the f*** said they hoped he shot his balls off thereby exiting the gene pool in my beloved state.

[laugh2] +1

I'm sorry but just because this idiot’s brother shows up doesn't mean that we are going to watch our mouths. He is already in trouble for stabbing someone and now the retard endangers others lives by pulling a gun in a Walmart. It could have been any of our loved ones that were killed by this low life. But we are supposed to give a shit about his life after stabbing someone and endangering the lives of countless others. No sympathy from me. Let him rot.

So because of "people like my brother" for doing something stupid it gives you the right to talk crap? Just because anti gun groups make it more difficult for you guys to own guns.

YES, because it makes my (& every other law-abiding person here) life more difficult. Your brother messed up, but he's not the only one who will feel the repurcussions of his stupidity.

No sympathy for him from me.

Why do i envision this mental picture of how it all went down...

Two Don Knotts cowboy characters facing off in a high noon showdown in the ladies underwear department of a Walmart.
And both blowing their nads off trying to draw?

Didn't Miller pull the mag out and toss the mag and weapon out the window of a moving vehicle?

Kid's got "Responsible Citizen" practically tatooed to his forehead.

A mag and a 1/2.... awesome, you must have some special weapons training.

Draw down, blade at 45 degrees!!!

[laugh2] +1

It could have been any of our loved ones that were killed by this low life. But we are supposed to give a shit about his life after stabbing someone and endangering the lives of countless others. No sympathy from me. Let him rot.

As I stated my wife works there and I was very happy she had the night off when this IDIOT came in pulling a gun. No I don't need to KNOW your brother he showed everyone what he is made of and as stated from others here if I was there having lunch with my wife at the DD in WMart like I do sometimes and saw this it would have, as stated above, been a different story.

Family is blood. I dont know if you realize this.

The family bond is certainly tight. But it shouldn't blind you to the mistakes of your family.

Miller is the only one so far to be charged in the incident. He was arrested on felony charges of reckless conduct and falsifying physical evidence, and a misdemeanor count of carrying a loaded handgun without a license. He was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail.

Authorities said he was already out on bail on a first degree assault charge.

He's already out on bail due to a first degree assault charge. He's carrying a gun illegally. He's tries to hide the evidence by throwing the gun out the car window. I know he's your brother and you love him and it tears your guts out to see him throw his life away. But he's broken the law and is going to face serious consequences.

I've watched family members make bad choices. It's terrible. But I don't "stand behind" their choices. When they screw up, they have to face the consequences. One of the most minor of those consequences, in this modern world, is people commenting about those choices online.

Besides, most of the folks here were making fun of the other numbnuts, the one who shot himself [wink]

Last edited:
The family bond is certainly tight. But it shouldn't blind you to the mistakes of your family.

He's already out on bail due to a first degree assault charge. He's carrying a gun illegally. He's tries to hide the evidence by throwing the gun out the car window. I know he's your brother and you love him and it tears your guts out to see him throw his life away. But he's broken the law and is going to face serious consequences.

I've watched family members make bad choices. It's terrible. But I don't "stand behind" their choices. When they screw up, they have to face the consequences. One of the most minor of those consequences, in this modern world, is people commenting about those choices online.

Besides, most of the folks here were making fun of the other numbnuts, the one who shot himself [wink]

Is Miller the brother or is it the guy who shot himself? I though the Darwin award runner up was the brother?

Is Miller the brother or is it the guy who shot himself? I though the Darwin award runner up was the brother?

Miller is the brother. There were two numbnuts with guns and it was the other fellow who shot himself. I think.

ROCHESTER – A 17-year-old accidentally shot himself in the abdomen last night during a confrontation between two groups of young men inside Wal-Mart, according to authorities.

Assistant Strafford County attorney Dorothy Walch, during the arraignment of Steven Miller, 18, of East Rochester, said the incident began with an argument between two groups of individuals inside the store and involved at least two guns.

The wounded teen, identified as Levi Downs in court documents, accidentally shot himself in the abdomen, Walch said. He remains hospitalized at Frisbie Memorial Hospital.

According to court records, Miller was recorded on the store's surveillance system pointing a gun at another individual, Devon Smith.

Lt. Paul Toussaint, public information officer, said two groups of young men confronted each other about 10 p.m. in the front of the store near the cash registers.

Witnesses told police they heard one shot. Those involved fled the store in separate vehicles.

Miller was inside a car with Downs and two other individuals headed to the hospital when police pulled them over on North Main Street. Officers called for an ambulance for Downs.

According to a police affidavit, Miller removed the clip from the gun and tossed both out the car window as they were heading to the medical facility.

Miller is the only one so far to be charged in the incident. He was arrested on felony charges of reckless conduct and falsifying physical evidence, and a misdemeanor count of carrying a loaded handgun without a license. He was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail.

Authorities said he was already out on bail on a first degree assault charge.

Police said they expect to make more arrests in the shooting which remains under investigation.

Customers and employees were inside the store at the time of the shooting but no one else was injured.

Police said the staff and management of Wal-Mart assisted investigators and were very supportive of the investigation.

http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=e125c8a3-1950-40fa-8851-c05deaef79fd

gunsgunsguns..

Could you please answer a few questions for me.

1- What Cal of gun did he have?

2- What ammo was he carrying at the time?

3- Did he have any heavy coats on?

Trying to turn this into a learning lesson for me. On what kind of ammo NOT TO BUY..

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom