Shots fired near Leominster bar

Holy crap!!! This happened literally behind my house!! [shocked] There's a bank behind me, then Rt. 13, then this bar across the street. I didn't hear anything, but I'm buying some more vault ammo tonight. Hope they collapse this POS's skull with a baseball bat.

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/local/ci_8366981

Shots fired near bar
By Marisa Donelan
Sentinel & Enterprise
Article Launched:02/26/2008 10:01:10 AM EST

LEOMINSTER -- Police allege a man "intended to vent his anger" toward a city bar and his ex-girlfriend, and fired a shot through the bar's window during the early morning Saturday, according to court documents.

Employees at Hot Shotz on Main Street were closing up for the night when a bullet went though the window of the bar after 3 a.m. Saturday, Officer Kevin Anderson wrote in a report.

No one was hurt during the incident, Anderson reported.

The bar's owner then reported hearing another shot about 10 to 15 seconds later, and an employee reported seeing a suspect drive away in a white Volkswagen Jetta.

Officers followed the Jetta to a basement apartment at 902 Main St., where they spoke with John Drolette, 44, according to a report from Officer Jared Phillips.

"I asked him if he drives a white Jetta, to which he stated yes," Phillips wrote. "... We advised him of the circumstances, and he stated that he didn't have a gun. He stated that he has never owned a gun."

A search of the apartment did not turn up a weapon, Phillips wrote.

The second gunshot allegedly occurred while the white Jetta was on North Street, which is where Drolette's ex-girlfriend lives. Officer John Fraher Jr. wrote that fresh tire tracks in the snow in her driveway appeared to match the tracks near Drolette's Main Street apartment.

In December, the woman's 18-year-old daughter told police that Drolette allegedly threatened her with a metal shovel during an argument, and charges were filed stemming from that incident.

Police said they arrested him for violating the terms of his probation Saturday, and searched the Jetta again during the day, and officers recovered two bullet casings.

Detective Stephen Sandoval said that Drolette told officers where he had thrown a gun into the snow. The gun was recovered Saturday, Sandoval wrote.

Drolette, whose address in court documents is 23 Clifton St., in Fitchburg, is charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, carrying a firearm without a license, two counts of discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, wanton destruction of property worth more than $250, and violating an abuse prevention order.

He was arraigned Monday, where Judge Arthur Haley ordered him held on $25,000 cash bail. His bail in the previous assault case was revoked. Drolette is due in court March 3 for a pretrial hearing.

Detective Stephen Sandoval said that Drolette told officers where he had thrown a gun into the snow.
While I'm glad this fellow is off the streets, I suspect he might not be in as much trouble if he had just STFU.

Drolette, whose address in court documents is 23 Clifton St., in Fitchburg, is charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, carrying a firearm without a license, two counts of discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, wanton destruction of property worth more than $250, and violating an abuse prevention order.
That cannot be. We all know that gun licensing keeps guns out of the hands of criminals. I'm [shocked] I tell you [shocked][rolleyes]

While I'm glad this fellow is off the streets,
+1!

I suspect he might not be in as much trouble if he had just STFU.
I doubt it. Once they had found the brass I imagine they were going to look until they found the gun, and gotten more and more pissed off as they did it. With apologies to KR: You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run. [grin]

My child's daycare is next to the Weathervane there. [thinking]

My parents live less than a quarter mile from there- I used to live in that neighborhood.

The place where the bar is used to be was a chinese restaurant, but it went under a number of years ago.
That bar generally speaking, has always been a source of trouble, but most of it was minor- stupid crap like overly intoxicated patrons taking a leak in someones backyard, stuff like that... never heard of an incident like the above until now.

-Mike

Last edited:
Apart from the bar he also allegedly shot at my house where I would have been if the winter storm that night had not kept me out of state. I really am quite upset that he was released just this past August...

Gotta love the..."I've never owned a gun"....but there is spent brass in his car

Same thing happened with the Sean Bell shooting, NYPD claims they saw a gun, the guys in the car said they never had one, but empty shell casings were found in the car.

they should tear that bar down, no good comes of it. i hate the fact that its within a mile of my house [thinking]

For what I can see, most of you live within minutes from each other. You all should meet at that bar someday :) Just Kidding and I am glad that nobody got hurt and they got the guy. On the other hand, I am pissed that he is already out of jail. Man, I really don’t understand the law anymore.

Ish.,

For what I can see, most of you live within minutes from each other. You all should meet at that bar someday :) Just Kidding and I am glad that nobody got hurt and they got the guy. On the other hand, I am pissed that he is already out of jail. Man, I really don’t understand the law anymore.

Ish.,

Yeah, re-reading this it looks like there's a bunch of us here. We should probably do a range day to get some plans together if we ever have to circle the wagons if Fitchburg overflows.

Yeah, re-reading this it looks like there's a bunch of us here. We should probably do a range day to get some plans together if we ever have to circle the wagons if Fitchburg overflows.

not a bad idea....be nice to know who the local good guys are

Not surprised there....there always seems to be some sort of drama at that bar. A buddy of mine had a going away party there-I declined going, as I dont care for the usual patrons. Told him I'd meet him down the road later at another bar.

Back
Top Bottom