Shots fired near Leominster bar

I went to that bar once only because my next-door neighbor works there - and I had no idea where else to go that night, having only lived in Leominster a short time. I definitely agree it's a bit on the sketchy side. The bartenders were cute though.

I went to that bar once only because my next-door neighbor works there - and I had no idea where else to go that night, having only lived in Leominster a short time. I definitely agree it's a bit on the sketchy side. The bartenders were cute though.

I've always pictured it like this:

cantina_denizens_4.jpg

Sounds like you need some sort of electrified fence. That bar is bad news.

I know some guys that used to hang out there. Let's just say they aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree. Given the brain power between them I don't think a little shock would be enough. Might I suggest claymores instead [smile]. Not only will they be good to keep your yard clear but they will also serve as some chlorine for the gene pool.

I went there once and left after 10 minutes. There was several small clusters of tough guys in there who glared at every other guy who moved near them. I'd expect guys in bars to pay attention to women, but all these guys simply looked like they wanted to fight anyone for any reason. The shootings and stabbings don't surprise me in the least.

It was worse than Partner's Pub in there.

Look what I just found:

http://www.telegram.com/article/20090626/COURTRECORDS/906260391/0/BUSINESS
Worcester Superior Court

Judge James R. Lemire
John Drollette, 46, of 23 Clifton St., Fitchburg, was sentenced to 2-1/2 years in the House of Correction, with 18 months to be served, after pleading guilty to possession of a loaded firearm while not at home or work. The charge was amended from carrying a firearm without a license. The balance of the sentence was suspended for 3 years with probation. He was placed on three concurrent terms of 3 years’ probation, to begin upon his release, after pleading guilty to discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, malicious destruction of property over $250, and possession of a firearm without a firearm ID card. As conditions of probation, he was ordered to have no contact with the Hot Shotz Bar and victims, to undergo drug and alcohol evaluations with any related treatment and counseling as recommended by the Probation Department, to pay $600 restitution, and to pay $65 monthly probation fee while paying restitution. Charges of assault with a dangerous weapon (gun), threatening to commit a crime, and two counts of intimidation of a witness were dismissed.

Really WTF? No punishment for criminals in this state. And people wonder why the crime rate sores.

It's a total joke. Every gun law they pass is just another one to dismiss or get plead down come Monday morning at the courthouse.

Wow, this went unnoticed. Are you saying you are the ex-GF?

I am absolutely NOT the ex-gf. But I will say that I had not liked this man from the instant that I had met him and he knew that fact. (Also why I am not revealing my identity completely.)

But having him out of the system now frightens me half to death. I'm guessing I'll have to get back to Leominster to renew my restraining order soon too...

I am absolutely NOT the ex-gf. But I will say that I had not liked this man from the instant that I had met him and he knew that fact. (Also why I am not revealing my identity completely.)

But having him out of the system now frightens me half to death. I'm guessing I'll have to get back to Leominster to renew my restraining order soon too...

Do you have an LTC?

THIS is exactly why the government loses the fight against violence, not because we need more gun control. Posession of the firearm should carry a minimum of one year, BY THEIR OWN LAWS. Nevermind all the other charges dismissed. I certainly would convict based on the spent brass alone. Next time they want to pass more legislation against guns, they might want to review some of the cases like this.

Do you have an LTC?

I second blitz here. The RO you have on him, presumably filed before the shootings, clearly didn't do too much to stop him from getting a gun (illegal, off the streets of course). I think it may be best for you to invest in some protection for yourself. Contact 2A sisters in boston for some good courses geared towards the gentler gender if you are not as keen on hanging out with mouth breathers like blitz [wink] when doing your safety course or continuing training. Also, kimmie1911 her on NES is MA chapter head. Good luck.

I second blitz here. The RO you have on him, presumably filed before the shootings, clearly didn't do too much to stop him from getting a gun (illegal, off the streets of course). I think it may be best for you to invest in some protection for yourself. Contact 2A sisters in boston for some good courses geared towards the gentler gender if you are not as keen on hanging out with mouth breathers like blitz [wink] when doing your safety course or continuing training. Also, kimmie1911 her on NES is MA chapter head. Good luck.

That's the nicest thing anyone has said about me in a long time here. [laugh][smile]

I second blitz here.

I'll third his suggestion/question. Get yourself a legal means of self defense if you don't already have one, and don't post about it publicly here, so that if God forbid something happens, you'll have the element of surprise too.

Shadowrose:

If money is a problem for you to get yourself an LTC let us offer you (my wife team-teaches with me) an NRA basic pistol course, including some non-trivial range time with a variety of pistols at no charge whatever to you.
This will also satisfy the training requirement for your Mass. LTC.
Please PM me if you are interested. The training would take place at a public range that's convenient to your location. (Have guns, will travel).

Fair warning, I WILL be checking out your story if you take me up on this. Not because I think you are being untruthful, but to cover my own butt. I will of course do nothing whatever without your written consent with full disclosure to you in advance.

PM me if this would be helpful to you,

Best Wishes,
Bill and Elizabeth Nance

I do not have a license as of yet since I am still under 21. (And my campus wold not allow the storage of a firearm on the grounds.) Once I am able to though, I do plan on getting one for self-protection.

I do not have a license as of yet since I am still under 21. (And my campus wold not allow the storage of a firearm on the grounds.) Once I am able to though, I do plan on getting one for self-protection.

And in this state, pepper spray is forbidden too in schools. It's for your own protection for sure... [rolleyes]
Anyhow, hopefully this guy ended up back in the system for enough years to get you through school.

And in this state, pepper spray is forbidden too in schools. It's for your own protection for sure... [rolleyes]
Anyhow, hopefully this guy ended up back in the system for enough years to get you through school.

Sadly he did not. He's been out since August now. Disgusting really.

Sadly he did not. He's been out since August now. Disgusting really.

[banghead]
This drives me up a god damned wall. I and a bunch of other NESr's were at the statehouse doing everything we could short of begging for someone to align state laws with our rights, all the while running headlong into a wall because others believe our rights make them unsafe. And here, you have a guy running around town shooting up homes and bars and the piece of shit is back on the street in a year or so.... Disgusting is an understatement.
[angry2][jihad]

[banghead]
This drives me up a god damned wall. I and a bunch of other NESr's were at the statehouse doing everything we could short of begging for someone to align state laws with our rights, all the while running headlong into a wall because others believe our rights make them unsafe. And here, you have a guy running around town shooting up homes and bars and the piece of shit is back on the street in a year or so.... Disgusting is an understatement.
[angry2][jihad]

You're just a mean-spirited hater. Just because he pulled out a gun and started shooting everything in sight doesn't mean he's dangerous. He just needed a timeout. I'm sure he's now a model citizen. /sarcasm

I and a bunch of other NESr's were at the statehouse doing everything we could short of begging for someone to align state laws with our rights, all the while running headlong into a wall because others believe our rights make them unsafe. And here, you have a guy running around town shooting up homes and bars and the piece of shit is back on the street in a year or so.... Disgusting is an understatement.

If HR 2259 passes, the only thing that's going to be any different in regards to people like this guy is that the victims will have a more streamlined chance at legally arming themselves.

Sad really.

Looks like he was carrying against his restrictions if I'm reading it correctly. Not good.

And they dismissed all of the meaty charges related to the actual shooting. But I doubt this guy had a valid license to begin with. They just changed the charge for the plea deal.

What restriction? The guy didn't even have a license, and likely never had one.

-Mike

But the charge appears to be one you would hit someone with who is off their restrictions. Again though, it was an amended charge as part of a plea deal. It was not what he did, it was something he traded for.

But the charge appears to be one you would hit someone with who is off their restrictions. Again though, it was an amended charge as part of a plea deal. It was not what he did, it was something he traded for.

That's not about restrictions, as we usually think of them. (EG, like restrictions on an LTC, violation of which does not carry a typical jail-bearing penalty, btw, but a fine and possible loss/suspension of license. ) That charge is what you would get if you had an FID card and were caught with a handgun off premise. I'm surprised it's even applicable anymore. (Although ostensibly, there are individuals out there with FIDS that still have P2P cards for handguns... maybe. ) You are right, they stuck that one on the guy to water
down the charges.... IMHO it's crap that he got off easy.

-Mike

One thing that especially annoys me about that charge is this guy is getting the same benefit someone would actually get if they had an FID card, eg, some minimal attempt at actually complying with the law... and that's basically revolting because its like saying "Oh, well, criminals don't need an FID... the state will just "give them one" in court.... lame lame lame....

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom