• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ShotShow 2024

The show is a week away. Announcements are starting to roll in. Post them here:

Magpul announces clear plastic mag

Hornady announces new caliber, new ammo, new bullets and bolt-together safe.

Meh .... IMHO, they look a lot like the lancer mags that have been around for a while.

1705414237268.png 1705414314923.png

Here's my bucket list of wishful(and prolly won't happen) announcements for ShotShow 2024:
  • CZ releasing a new 45/10 pistol based on (S)P-01 metal frame. choice is either 45ACP or 10mm. Proper magazine that fits modern quantities of ammo.
  • Primary Arms releasing the next generation of SLX etched optics with larger field of view
  • Kel-Tek finally making an all-metal Sub2K with improved trigger and reliability.
  • Safariland finally making 63xx series of holsters for metal CZs
  • FN finally fixing the FN 509 shit-trigger.
  • Colt releasing a 2011.
  • Ruger releasing the new RPR with field interchangeable barrels and bolt faces.
  • Someone releasing a 10/22 that locks open on empty.
  • H&K releasing VP10 or VP45. The VP frame ergonomics are the best!
  • NO NEW CALIBERS, PLEASE!
  • IWI releasing a lighter version of the X95.

Last edited:
Leupold Mk5HDs now in FDE:

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2Iy7xNK7DD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

And the new Mark4HD line:

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C19tgHgqptO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

That MK4 looks good. The $1200-1500 scope market is very competitive.

I like the turrets are not 4" high.

What I expect to see

-more 5.7's
-red dots like the Ruger ReadyDot hat are actually reflex sights designed to co-witness with irons. Specifically for full size pistols.
-some new straight wall caliber for AR's
-a new stupid detachable mag shotgun

What I want to see
-NAA reveals a set of micro double action revolvers in .22 and .32
-somebody announces .30 Super in a full size pistol
-Taurus making a .45 Colt/ACP convertible with dual cylinders like their .357/9mm

Still with crappy plastic trigger and crappy internals. Hard pass. sub2k is a brilliant idea with terrible implementation of said idea.
As long as Kel Tec is using the KSG and CP33 triggers in the Sub 2k, that trigger will be fine, I could not believe how good they were when I tried them. If the Gen 3 is the same as the Gen 1 trigger then it can indeed die in a fire.

I highly doubt Kel Tec is still using Gen 1 Sub 2k triggers tho.

As long as Kel Tec is using the KSG and CP33 triggers in the Sub 2k, that trigger will be fine, I could not believe how good they were when I tried them. If the Gen 3 is the same as the Gen 1 trigger then it can indeed die in a fire.

I highly doubt Kel Tec is still using Gen 1 Sub 2k triggers tho.

Isn't there anyone making an after market trigger for it?

Back
Top Bottom