ShotShow 2024

The market has decided that capacity is not pointless. If they're willing to do 5.7, an otherwise terrible choice for self defense in a pistol, it should have no issues with .30 Super, especially when it costs less.
And just how big is the 5.7 market? I'd argue that it is tiny, just like 327 Magnum.

But seriously, they put a 1911 mag in a G48. For their next trick, a G19 trigger in a 1911!

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

I think the best part of that video was Mac trying to convince the viewer that he likes that creepy, rubber-band trigger...

also,
8copzm.jpg
I just watched the video. You're right, watching Mac dry fire that thing was painful. I also noticed he said 1911 "in nature" magazines. The mags are proprietary, if you want to use your own 9mm 1911 mags they will need to be modified for reliability. Nothing about this gun makes any sense to me. The only way this would interest me is if it were da/sa with an amazing trigger out the box and took factory 9mm 1911 mags.

This too. It’s not different enough to warrant the product line expansion.
It's a de facto rimless .32 magnum, it is different but compared to 9mm it's double the price of ammo for, right now, 2 more rounds.

In a full size like a Glock 20, if it can hold 25 rds in a flush fit mag it's a gamechanger.

Here you go. This is what the market has been calling for. In the age of 15-17 round P365s, what we need is a single stack, 10 round 9mm built around 1911 magazines. That genius Rob Pincus is behind it and he’s got MAC shilling for him.

View: https://youtu.be/KEug6vuAB6U?si=UM6y0kzOAV69NzPk

It's pretty much yet another glock clone but in 43x format with alternate ergo's and a different proprietary mag, same shitty trigger even...
I wonder if some of the glock internals fit...

It's pretty much yet another glock clone but in 43x format with alternate ergo's and a different proprietary mag, same shitty trigger even...
I wonder if some of the glock internals fit...
But with a worse magazine. The 43x magazine is a staggered mag, not a single stack, so the 43x grip is shorter.

It's a de facto rimless .32 magnum, it is different but compared to 9mm it's double the price of ammo for, right now, 2 more rounds.

In a full size like a Glock 20, if it can hold 25 rds in a flush fit mag it's a gamechanger.
If it was the gamechanger you are saying it is you would see more demand. I can tell you that from my take inside the industry no one is asking for it. I haven't' been asked to design any slides or barrels for it from any of my clients.

If it was the gamechanger you are saying it is you would see more demand. I can tell you that from my take inside the industry no one is asking for it. I haven't' been asked to design any slides or barrels for it from any of my clients.
If you don't make it there can't be any demand. Idk what the total capacity of a flush fit full size mag would be for .30 Super, there's been speculation it could hold 25. If it can, that's incredible, I don't see how an 8mm with 9mm performance that holds 25 wouldn't sell decently enough when 5.7 has a niche that keeps generating sales.

Until that full size concept pistol for .30 comes about, there will never be any demand. If the best .30 Super can do is fit an extra 2 in a doublestack compared to 9mm, then it's a dead cartridge.

How about taking one of those full size .22 Mag pistols with 30 rounds, and making a compact version with 20 rounds?

I wouldn't mind seeing them come out with a .20 WSM. Something with a little more smack than the .17 HMR and .17 WSM, and more speed than the .22 Mag. It could be yet another stepping stone, along with .17 HMR, .17 WSM, .17 Hornet, .17 Fireball, .20 Vartarg, .20 Practical, .22 Hornet, .221 Fireball, .223 continuum, but in an inexpensive rimfire on already proven rifles.

How about taking one of those full size .22 Mag pistols with 30 rounds, and making a compact version with 20 rounds?

I wouldn't mind seeing them come out with a .20 WSM. Something with a little more smack than the .17 HMR and .17 WSM, and more speed than the .22 Mag. It could be yet another stepping stone, along with .17 HMR, .17 WSM, .17 Hornet, .17 Fireball, .20 Vartarg, .20 Practical, .22 Hornet, .221 Fireball, .223 continuum, but in an inexpensive rimfire on already proven rifles.

They could call the new round 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum. Seriously, I am not sure why this round died, and there has already been at least one attempt to bring it back. It pretty much fits the description you gave, so people have been considering this niche for about 50 years.

They could call the new round 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum. Seriously, I am not sure why this round died, and there has already been at least one attempt to bring it back. It pretty much fits the description you gave, so people have been considering this niche for about 50 years.
I'm pretty sure they already brought that back, and it went nowhere. I'm pretty certain the .17 WSM is bigger (and therefore a .20 as well).

Here's an article where they compare the 5mm Remington Magnum , .22 Mag, and .17 HMR.

The .17 WSM beats all of those, and a .20 just ups the bullet size a little.

Here are some other comparisons:

Last edited:
New DesertTech bulpup. All new system. This one is designed to handle full-auto, unlike its predecessor, so the reliability should be on par with X95 or better.

Back
Top Bottom