• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Should you know if your neighbor owns a gun?

Buck F

NES Member

Attachments

• Should you know if your neighbor owns a gun_ - The Boston Globe.pdf
    590.3 KB · Views: 297
solution in search of a problem... Winthrop shooter is dead. Should be quite easy for law enforcement to trace the LTC and make that info public. No reason to publicize that information for those who haven't done anything wrong.

Recently had a new family move next door. They have MA plates so I was concerned. They're our closest neighbor at about .25 miles away. Two days later he was blasting away on his porch. Taking 5hat as a positive sign I rode my side by side over to introduce myself. I now know the status of all, my only, neighbor.

Government consistently enforces policies that exterminate personal freedoms and privacy. That is the society they want - where they expose all information about everyone, to enforce public shaming and conformity with a minimum chance for an individual to deviate from a prescribed behavior.

I already know......EVERYONE around here owns a gun or twentyfive.....and shoots often.

EDIT TO ADD: Only a squeamish, paranoid leftist cock smoker would even ask that question....and it's the Globbb so that about proves the point.

Last edited:
Was the Winthrop shooter an LTC holder? Because they seem to imply he was as justification for this stupidity.
"The shooter, who was gunned down police, had a license to carry."

Also, this:

"As with many things around gun control, though, there is little data to guide us, much less any proof that burglaries would increase if records became publicly available."

So, let's do it and record the increase in burglaries, so then we'll have data!

I don't care if my neighbor has a gun unless it's pointed at me. I'm not a retard who thinks inanimate objects can do me or mine harm. By the same token, in an emergency, depending on what he's pointing his arms at, I might join in and point the same direction.

I treat everyone the same way and consider the possibility that people I come in contact with may be armed, and a few might have interest in doing me harm, I carry.

Would that everyone should consider things the same. Armed societies are polite societies.

Only if we go shooting at the range together... This is all Marxist social engineering, making the proletariat quake in fear that someone that "LIVES NEXT DOOR!" Might own a gun, oh the horror! Fear is a powerful motivator, fear and uncertainty makes people do really stupid things, like turn in their neighbors on the new Social Media reporting functions for something they said that was negative about the government, or where the Jews and Christians are hiding. This would make the ignorant fearful neighbors harass their "clearly" radical anti-government, and if the right skin color, racist neighbors socially, and provide a shopping destination list for criminals who want to own guns. That is how Lenin did it, that is how Mao did it. That is what is happening now, and we are near the end game.

Where I live, I just assume everyone owns a gun. And it's probably not far off from the truth, I read that something like 20% of eligible adults in my town have an LTC, assume most households have 2 adults - probably a good 20-25% chance that any of my neighbors owns a firearm or 10.

to add to that - times indeed are changing, 2 days ago i was going to a 'total wine' to stock up - and a guy from some jeep on the parking lot was adjusting his gun belt on before going in there, just on the parking lot, then got shirt up to cover it and walked on. looked like a g19 with mag in a combined leather holster and 2 mags on other side. a lot of people i see do print, compared to what it was an year ago - i think it is a HUGE increase of how many started to carry every day.

just should be an another reminder for all to remain polite with one another and control the road rage. :)

If we flipped the narrative and asked "Should you know if your neighbor is a prohibited person?" I have a fair idea how Boston Globe would react.

BG said:
The point of the disclosures is not to expose individual gun owners but to help reveal patterns of law enforcement decisions to issue licenses that may not be in the public interest.
The Boston Globe should be honest and just come out and say the real point would be to make it easy for them to do their usual style of "cutting edge" journalism.

Once they're done doxxing gun owners, they'd go on to publish additional anonymous editorials, maybe how chiefs preferentially issue to rich white males and demand more permits for non-binary and BIPOCs in the name of equity.

The neighbor to my Right has a "We Believe" sign in the front yard, the one to the left is a sweet older lady originally from Boston, I'm pretty sure neither are armed. The guy across the street has a big fence up has earth moving equipment in the yard (can't actually see the front of his house), I imagine he's armed.

Only if we go shooting at the range together... This is all Marxist social engineering, making the proletariat quake in fear that someone that "LIVES NEXT DOOR!" Might own a gun, oh the horror! Fear is a powerful motivator, fear and uncertainty makes people do really stupid things, like turn in their neighbors on the new Social Media reporting functions for something they said that was negative about the government, or where the Jews and Christians are hiding. This would make the ignorant fearful neighbors harass their "clearly" radical anti-government, and if the right skin color, racist neighbors socially, and provide a shopping destination list for criminals who want to own guns. That is how Lenin did it, that is how Mao did it. That is what is happening now, and we are near the end game.
Sadly, you may be correct. It almost feels like waking up on a different planet when newspapers rat on law abiding citizens for simply exercising their rights within the law. The same situation was slapped down vigorously in New York, so I must say I'm a little surprised to see it pop up here even though Boston is a commie incubator. The Globe lately has been doubling down on its usual Marxist propaganda. It has long surpassed bias and has become a full blown vehicle for the leftist coup.

Back
Top Bottom