• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your Knives! ... do we have a knife thread yet?

Benchmade 940. Love this knife.

2SoYJQA.jpg

Family Heirlooms:

Made during the Great Depression by my Grandfather for my dad when dad was 12.
Blade: an old file (best steel available).
Handle: scrap of walnut left over from a gun stock project.
Sheath: leather and buckle from an old logger's boot. Granddad was very safety concious so he lined the sheath with sheet steel taken from the door of a junk Model-T

The blade is fixed into the handle by pouring in molten babbitt from model-T main bearings.
SAM_0598_zps18e42ddf.jpg

Made by my dad when he was 14. Handle is antler from one of Granddad's kills. Blade from an old file. Handle's butt is covered with a cap formed from brass. The tang is from a scrap of brass. Blade fixed in handle with 3 rivets.
SAM_0600_zps94375fb0.jpg

I have one of these on order.

Attachments

• Kershaw-Leek-Molon-Labe-1660-MOLON-LABE-350x350.gif
    Kershaw-Leek-Molon-Labe-1660-MOLON-LABE-350x350.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 46
new pocket knife. classic design.

Was cooking a steak on the grill the other night outside then I started fiddling with the some stuff in the garage and 4 min later I needed to flip that steak pronto but didn't have my tongs so out comes the pocket knife--stab and flip! A million and one uses:

ll57oH5.jpg

Last edited:
My new EDC knife, ESEE 3. I can't believe the quality of this thing. Sharpest knife out of the box I've ever seen. Size is good, weight is good, modularity is excellent, and they've got the best warranty of any company I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Some of my knives.

IMG_1131.jpg

Top to bottom, left to right.

Morakniv Companion
Ontario RAT-3

Benchmade Griptilian
Buck 721
Cold Steel Mini Recon 1
Spyderco Tenacious
Spyderco Delica 4 FFG
CRKT Ripple
Ontario RAT-2
Esee Zancudo by BRK
Kershaw Leek
SOG Twitch II

CRKT M-16-01KZ
Gerber Paraframe
Gerber Paraframe Mini
Unknown

Kershaw 3840 Freefall (manual)
Kershaw 3850 Swerve (manual)
Kershaw 1640 Vapor

Knives.jpg Some of my collection, I love the Esee knives. In there is the Esee Junglas, Izula, Esee 4, 5, 6 also a Cold Steel Recon 1, Gerber 06 Auto, Mora Companion and an Opinel #4

If you go to Bladeforums and join they have a wealth of knowledge there although they are ridiculously snobby LOL, the marketplace is very active and you can find some good stuff in the marketplace but the expected lifetime of a good knife listed there is less than a second lieutenant dropped into a hot LZ in Vietnam in 1968

( Rules of engagment quote ) [smile]

Back
Top Bottom