show us your 1911s

C-pher said:
You guys are killing me...

It would have to be some time...as I've alreadly lined up purchaces for the new few weeks.

No worries, take your time!!! Boy, wouldn't it be sad if someone else was showing the P10.40 in THEIR collection...LOL

Did I mention that with the weight of the gun and the pinky rest on the mag, this gun is easier to shoot than most full size pistols...

Finally got the Defender back from Colt!!!

DSCN1724.jpg

C-pher said:
You guys are killing me...

It would have to be some time...as I've alreadly lined up purchaces for the new few weeks.

You know, C-pher, when buying a mess of guns for yourself, it brings good luck if you also buy one for an NES buddy. (hint, hint) [rolleyes]

Cross-X said:
You know, C-pher, when buying a mess of guns for yourself, it brings good luck if you also buy one for an NES buddy. (hint, hint) [rolleyes]

Well, if my buddy would join, then I would.... ZING!!

Just kidding. But I did buy a gun for a buddy as a gift for all the crap he's helped me with around the house and such over the past year.

It's an expensive .22, but it's still something.

hi guys
here my newest baby [smile] . just got her friday nigh. sorry for the bad pic.

she is a series 70 colt. i just put a novak rear sight on her. she very happy[smile]

Last edited:
Thanks!

But for some reason, I can't get to the image to re-size on my end. Is it taking up the whole page when you guys view it?

Eh... Maybe it takes a little longer on Sunday.

Here are my two 1911s. Well, I have a Colt Delta Elite, too, maybe ill take pics of that
later.

The "Caspian Mutt" as I call it is a Caspian slide, Auto Ord frame, Wilson Barrel +
Compensator, and some STI parts mixed in... I dont know who makes the scope mount.
The back of the damn thing broke, though, thats why I can only use one bracket. I didn't
build the thing, I just found it at a very good price.

And yes, the scope does stay on the gun with only one bracket. Its accurate
as long as I don't flinch. :)

The other is a Kimber CCT. Not a lot of flash there, other than a dawson
precision front, and an extended slide stop and mag release. The DP fiberoptic
and the kimber rear are an incredible combo.

The triggers on both of these pups are set right around 3 lbs or so, or at least
thats what my educated guess is.

Either of these guns shoot way better than I do...

-Mike

Last edited:
OK, here's my two 1911's:

Para P12 (named Hobbes... because he's Nasty, Brutish & Short - like his owner)
DSCF0101.jpg

And my latest acquisition, a SW1911 (that still needs a name!):
SW1911-1.jpg

Big John is one possiblility - after JMB, of course... and because it's the only 5" bbl .45 I own. (My Ruger P90 is a 4.5" bbl)

OK, let me try and resize them...

Oh, yes... and so my OTHER .45 doesn't get jealous, here she is: a Ruger P90. Not a 1911, but utterly reliable and easy to shoot.
DSCF0108.jpg

Last edited:
trades

nice looking 45's one looks familiar!! I tried to take a picture of the cop 357 but she would not sit still,kept on hiding under the rug.I'll sneek up on her one of these days and take a picture.
Thanks for a great trade, I'll put it to GOOD use.

Fred

P.S.
Thanks again EVERONE for thier thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Kimber TLE II

Kimber TLE/RL II
DSCN0450.jpg

Kimber Custom Shop Pro Elite
DSC03867.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The new .45 wearing his new grips (the grips are my birthday present from my wife):

I present to you... Brother John.
Bro_John1.jpg

Bro_John2.jpg

Last edited:
Pilgrim said:
Nice grips Ross. Where did they come from? They might look good on my 1911sc.
Guy named Rich Hasty who sells on ebay: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrare-n-uniqueQQhtZ-1

He doesn't seem to have anything up there now, but email him through ebay and he makes the grips (1911's only) and then puts them on eBay for you to buy.

Back
Top Bottom