Sig 320XC or G45?

Would like some input on the 320XC. I like to get the opinions of those here who own the Sig.
I do have the G45 but thinking of buying the 320XC. Is the Sig a high bore axis versus low?
Would it be a big adjustment from the Glock?
I like the fact that the Sig has a shorter barrel. There's so many guns out there with a 4" barrel.

Thanks

Personally... im very out on 320's for anything but range toys because of the different mags for grip modules. Also why I don't get down with 19x's

Where the g45 takes every glock mag I'd rock the 45.

Just stick with whatever manufacturer you're already invested in since they're pretty much the same. I'm assuming XC=xcarry even though it looks like they discontinued that because the m18 is the same thing.

Not understanding the point about mags since they both take full size and up and those mags work in shorter frames.

Curious why the comparison is between the P320XC and the G45. The P320XC (X Compact) is comparable to the G19. If you want a P320 like the G45 (full size grip, compact slide) then you would be looking at the M18 or putting a Carry or XCarry grip module on another P320. They make a straight up X-Carry but only sell to law enforcement.

Or get a P320XC and then buy an aluminum Carry grip module and have an all metal XCarry P320

I have a 320X Compact. The first and only Sig I've owned. Similar firearms I've owned for comparison purposes, G17, M&P Full size Gen 1 and Gen2, M&P Shield Gen 1

I like the way the Sig fit my hand better than a Glock. I've never been a fan of the way Glocks fit my hand and the angle so basically I don't have any.

The way the stock grip module is on the Sig makes it hard for me hit the magazine release without moving my grip. I had a chance to shoot one yesterday with the Wilson Combat grip module and that makes all the difference. The Wilson Combat grip module is well worth the $65.

I was disappointed with the stock trigger in the P320. I expected more from Sig. Definitely better than the M&P free state but not what I expected. I had the Sig Armorer do a trigger job and the difference is night and day.

Lastly as others have said is the magazine fiasco. Depending on the grip module your magazine may or may not work and you may or may not have to change base pads. Another wrench in the works is the 10 round magazines versus the full capacity for the same model may or may not be interchangeable. I've also heard of problems with US manufactured magazines being lesser quality than the Italian ones and of compatibility issues between the two. I personally only have Italian made magazines so I can't speak to that issue.

Last edited:
For me the Sig line has been my most accurate handguns. They just fit well in my hands. I added a 320 RXP XCompact last year and was pretty happy with it. The trigger could have been a little better but overall I was happy with the gun and it's accuracy. Then I picked up a Glock 45. I've never been a huge Glock fan, but I had hear good things about the G45 and I came across a decent deal on a new one so I bought it. I will have to say that I like the G45 as much as I like Sigs. Between the 320 and the G45, I'd have to give the G45 the edge on this one. They are close, but the G45 had a better trigger.

Just stick with whatever manufacturer you're already invested in since they're pretty much the same. I'm assuming XC=xcarry even though it looks like they discontinued that because the m18 is the same thing.

Not understanding the point about mags since they both take full size and up and those mags work in shorter frames.
No it is not. The M18 is a carry grip, has a 3.9 in barrel and doe not have a flat trigger.
As for the mags, if you had a compact grip and you bought a carry grip, you'd need to buy the mags also. Same thing if you went to a full size grip

No it is not. The M18 is a carry grip, has a 3.9 in barrel and doe not have a flat trigger.
As for the mags, if you had a compact grip and you bought a carry grip, you'd need to buy the mags also. Same thing if you went to a full size grip
I assumed you meant xcarry with XC so it would actually be an apple to apples comparison with a G45.

I assumed you meant xcarry with XC so it would actually be an apple to apples comparison with a G45.
No, I meant what I said. Pertaining to the mags. XC and XCarry are two different grips. The XC is 5.3 and the XCarry is 5.5 in height. The XC is 3.6 barrel and the XCarry is 3.9. Not trying to compare the one closest to the G45 as size goes.

Curious why the comparison is between the P320XC and the G45. The P320XC (X Compact) is comparable to the G19. If you want a P320 like the G45 (full size grip, compact slide) then you would be looking at the M18 or putting a Carry or XCarry grip module on another P320. They make a straight up X-Carry but only sell to law enforcement.

Or get a P320XC and then buy an aluminum Carry grip module and have an all metal XCarry P320

Then take the whole thing and candle-dip it into some molten lead 3-4x. Just to be sure that that sucker is as heavy as possible. LOL

As mentioned, you've got 2 vastly different guns there. I'm still partial to a plain-jane G19 which is squahh in the middle of all of that.

Would like some input on the 320XC. I like to get the opinions of those here who own the Sig.
I do have the G45 but thinking of buying the 320XC. Is the Sig a high bore axis versus low?
Would it be a big adjustment from the Glock?
I like the fact that the Sig has a shorter barrel. There's so many guns out there with a 4" barrel.

Thanks

Lol borrow or rent someone elses and shoot both. Which fits you better?

The triggers are very different between platforms. Sig triggers are better. I just prefer the Glock ecosystem of mags, parts, etc, so I ditched my P320s, although they were perfectly good guns, I just couldn’t justify keeping them.

So, great comments and opinions. Right now I have the G45, FN 509 and a M&P45. The M&P45 is really a nice gun to shoot but ammo is getting expensive and 900 rds won't last long.
Honestly, I like the FN 509, for what I paid I couldn't buy either of the guns in the thread. I may just look for another bargain and sell the G45 before I move to Maine.

I just couldn’t justify keeping them.
What is this "justify" that you speak of??? Does not compute.........
He's having trouble keeping up with the incessant changes to the forum posting editor GUI.
228408-0cd5a35e90f8273bab0c0c5d77848754.jpg

The triggers are very different between platforms. Sig triggers are better. I just prefer the Glock ecosystem of mags, parts, etc, so I ditched my P320s, although they were perfectly good guns, I just couldn’t justify keeping them.
And I was certain you'd tell us you dropped them for "school bus problems."

What is this "justify" that you speak of??? Does not compute.........

I have so many striker fired handguns around that there was a fair probability that they would never or rarely get fired again, I'll just put it that way. It made more sense for me to ditch those two guns and turn them into a bird gun, which was something I would actually use. I actually owned them for like 5 years, they were sidelined for over a year because of the
stupid recall (and Sigs shitty handling of that recall, not allowing dealers to send guns in) and then I finally sent them in, got them back. They ran decent but by that time I had lost
interest. I have enough stuff hanging around taking up space those got pushed out, basically, although it wasnt about money so much as I had an opportunity to turn both of those guns
into a bird gun and a bunch of ammo that I would actually shoot.

Good suggestion. Shot a G19 Gen5 and the Sig P320 Compact side by side. Sig Trig felt better, and I shot it better. Bought the G19, though, since they were available locally, mags are everywhere, and I can take them down to fix/replace all the parts. However, after actually shooting the G19 some more (and shooting them and G17's for years for work), I just kept thinking about the Sig.

Picked one up, and ditched the G19. I'm paying the price now, trying to find "standard" and "low" capacity mags depending on where I'm going to carry, but still enjoy the Sig more. YMMV.

ETA: Got the X-carry version since I wanted the Xray3 sights, 3.9in barrel and the flat trigger. Searching for a Compact/Xcompact grip now.

Back
Top Bottom