• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig 556 patrol?

I got a used MA-legal Sig 522 for $300 way back. It has the look and extreme weight of the 556, minus the cool hardware. It weighs more than my BCM Ar.

Will probably sell it when I get another .22 rifle.

(not my pic)

sig_552_22lr-01.jpg

Got one of those although not “MA legal” I think, as it has a threaded barrel and FH. At one time, I thought that anything 22lr or under was not a MA AWB firearm, but that probably changed with Healey. Plenty of military units use 22lr semi-automatic assault rifles 😅

I sold my SIG556 DMR this spring and plan to sell the 22lr soon.

Got one of those although not “MA legal” I think, as it has a threaded barrel and FH. At one time, I thought that anything 22lr or under was not a MA AWB firearm, but that probably changed with Healey. Plenty of military units use 22lr semi-automatic assault rifles 😅

I sold my SIG556 DMR this spring and plan to sell the 22lr soon.

Yeah technically 22 LR rifles need to follow the AWB even though Healey called them not assault rifles. Ignore everything she says.

Yeah technically 22 LR rifles need to follow the AWB even though Healey called them not assault rifles. Ignore everything she says.

But as a NH resident, getting an FFL transfer to a MA buyer is a virtual no-go for many of my firearms. Few MA buyers/FFLs want to deal with the hassle of transferring frames/receivers separate from shipping the non-firearms parts, when they can just pay more to buy within MA.

Back
Top Bottom