• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig mags - so, let me get this straight...

strangenh

NES Member
Sig sells magazines directly from its website store.

They ship free if you buy over $100 worth.

Many online sellers and brick-and-mortar stores also sell Sig magazines.

As far as I can tell, they all charge more than Sig sells them direct to the public.

...Huh? Does Sig not offer its resellers any real discount on magazines?

Sig sells magazines directly from its website store.

They ship free if you buy over $100 worth.

Many online sellers and brick-and-mortar stores also sell Sig magazines.

As far as I can tell, they all charge more than Sig sells them direct to the public.

...Huh? Does Sig not offer its resellers any real discount on magazines?

Could be a market value thing or shipping cost issue. Maybe Sig doesn't have any middle-man vendor contracts so the dealers have to get them straight from Sig and then tack on their overhead and profit.

Could be a market value thing or shipping cost issue. Maybe Sig doesn't have any middle-man vendor contracts so the dealers have to get them straight from Sig and then tack on their overhead and profit.
That makes sense - if there's no distributor to give volume discounts based on overall transactions, they don't have much bargaining power. Some big volume dealers (like Midway) have about 10-15% off the Sig price, but most smaller players (even Kittery) don't really.

After a little more searching, I did find a few that were in that range (10-15%) off Sig's price, but plus shipping, and all out of the odder magazines. So I think you could well be onto something there.

That makes sense - if there's no distributor to give volume discounts based on overall transactions, they don't have much bargaining power. Some big volume dealers (like Midway) have about 10-15% off the Sig price, but most smaller players (even Kittery) don't really.

After a little more searching, I did find a few that were in that range (10-15%) off Sig's price, but plus shipping, and all out of the odder magazines. So I think you could well be onto something there.

And this point you ask why would you buy from someone else than Sig. Well, if you only need a mag or two then you wouldn't qualify for the free shipping. You also could want it now and pick it up from your local guy for a 'convienience fee' of sorts.

Correct. Sig changed their distribution model a few years back, going to direct sales. Thus, dealers saw the amount of money that any given dealer would have to spend to get a respectable discount become largely prohibitive. Sig also sets a minimum advertised price for dealers to follow as part of their dealer contract.

Correct. Sig changed their distribution model a few years back, going to direct sales. Thus, dealers saw the amount of money that any given dealer would have to spend to get a respectable discount become largely prohibitive. Sig also sets a minimum advertised price for dealers to follow as part of their dealer contract.

Woa, I pulled something out of my ass that was actually right?!? [laugh]

I should have stated that the above posts were purely speculation, thankyou for the clarification [grin]

Back
Top Bottom