SIG P320 compact legos....

Well,

I was all giddy that the stripped FCUs were in and I got to pick them up today. Then the slide came in too. So stupid me puts an FCU in the nice grip module I bought to see how it would all look, but I didnt take the guide rod out of the slide. Then on top of that, I put the takedown pin in.

Now nothing will come apart because the guide rod is jammed on the takedown pin.

f*** me running. I feel like the only way this is coming apart is by cutting the grip module in half.

fd.jpg

Well,

I was all giddy that the stripped FCUs were in and I got to pick them up today. Then the slide came in too. So stupid me puts an FCU in the nice grip module I bought to see how it would all look, but I didnt take the guide rod out of the slide. Then on top of that, I put the takedown pin in.

Now nothing will come apart because the guide rod is jammed on the takedown pin.

f*** me running. I feel like the only way this is coming apart is by cutting the grip module in half.

View attachment 346466
That sucks
Any chance of getting a vice grip on the guiderod and pulling it forward enough to get the takedown lever out?

So it does fit on m17. Sig says only the Romeo 1 pro and Leupold fits on the m17
The Romeo 1 fits, but there is a little gap because the DPP is a little bigger. Also, the screws are different. The holes on the slide are tapped for the DPP's screws, and the Romeo's screws a tad smaller.

Norsso compact Bentham slide, rmr type 2, suppressor height night fisions. Basically did the same setup as @BREWINZ , installed the sights myself for the first time. Love it but haven’t been able to shoot it yet since my local range is closed626DD14D-0D95-4DB1-B756-917979B9604B.jpeg

My MP17 finally came in after 5 months of waiting.

Its pretty fun to play with, but I have no range to try it out now.

A few issues:
1. It allows you to mount RMR and Burris pattern mini red dot sights directly. But for an Aimpoint micro pattern optic, you need to attach a 2” keymod picatinny rail which isn’t included. So... I’m now waiting for one to come in from Amazon before I can mount my optic.

2. The initial versions had a separate safety located above and forward of the magazine catch. I was counting on that so I could safely sling the gun. But they removed that feature at some point while altering the MP17 to work with the Legion version of the X5. I didn’t realize they removed that safety, and now I can’t safely attach the single point sling I got for it. I’ll have to keep an eye out for a P320 trigger pack with a safety.

3. The manual of arms for moving the slide back and using the slide catches is awkward. It will be okay, but will take some getting used to.

4. Not an issue, but I really hope an affordable threaded X5 barrel comes on the market so I can add a comp or covertcomp linear comp. But I’m not spending $320 on a new barrel from bar-sto.
View attachment 352853

View attachment 352852
This f***ing thing... I need to look into it more...
Long ass barrel and the pistol brace. I like it.

Aside from the issues I noted, be aware that the company is small and they have slow supply/assembly processes. They seem to have narrow windows when they mark things as “in stock” and available for purchase. Then you wait 1-5 months. Apparently the 5 months was extreme because they had to do a redesign. But it’ll be a bit of a lead time regardless. And the “in stock” doesn’t necessarily mean in stock, it’s just their mechanism for turning on the ability to purchase the products.

Just thinking out loud about your manual safety (lack of/sling attachment) on this. Can you have someone mod one of those small kydex Glock trigger covers? Use a small loop of 550 cord as a rip away. 🤷‍♂️

Well, it took a while, but it came in. I don't believe the place I bought it from is a well run store, and I think maybe a lot of people have gotten f***ed by them, but I got my lower parts kit, and it cost me $120.

IMG_20200505_144834.jpg

Here's to hoping I can get it put together without issue....

Back
Top Bottom