Sig P365 XL - Mass Compliant Version?

I’m waiting for the mags to come out so I can run my standard slide on the xl module. That will be the perfect combo for grip size and aiwb comfort.
Yes, I did this. Got the xl grip (with mag release included). Then got the 10 rd xl mags from Osage County Guns.

Last edited:
Yes, I did this. Got the xl grip (with mag release included). Then got the 10 rd xl mages from Osage County Guns.

Nice.
I’m going to get an XL grip and try some of the 3D printed base plates that allow standard 365 10rd mags to work. With those I can convert 3 of my mags for the price of a single xl mag.

Nice.
I’m going to get an XL grip and try some of the 3D printed base plates that allow standard 365 10rd mags to work. With those I can convert 3 of my mags for the price of a single xl mag.
Sounds good, curious know how that works out, sounds like a good solution. Though, I thought the standard 10 rounders were too short for the XL grip, despite any base plate mod. Good luck, thanks.

Nice.
Or just insert mag blocks into the 12rd mags replacing the internal base plate so they cant be converted back without parts/tools.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 12.28.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 12.28.35 PM.png

The
Sounds good, curious know how that works out, sounds like a good solution. Though, I thought the standard 10 rounders were too short for the XL grip, despite any base plate mod. Good luck, thanks.

I don’t have 10 round mags but I can confirm that I can’t put the 365 12 rounder in the XL. I can use the 12 round XL mag in the 365 but it creates a gap.

That’s what I thought until I saw a link on Sigtalk.
Will try and find it.

If I didn’t have 6 mags already I’d just buy new for xl grip, but this is cheap way to see if I like it.

Nice.

Does the Sig flush fit base plate (the one meant for 12-round P365 extended mags) work, or not really?

I don’t have 10 round mags but I can confirm that I can’t put the 365 12 rounder in the XL. I can use the 12 round XL mag in the 365 but it creates a gap.

You need this.

Does the Sig flush fit base plate (the one meant for 12-round P365 extended mags) work, or not really?

This is what I’m thinking of trying.
Std 365 10rd mags + these base plates fit XL grip.

This is what I’m thinking of trying.
Std 365 10rd mags + these base plates fit XL grip.

$14? I bet you could sell your P365 mags and buy new XL mags and not pay more than $14/mag.

I’m bored lol, let me know if you want any specific angles. I decided to toss in a wildcard. I know you have weird laws so I don’t know if you have access to the Hellcat but if you are leaning P365 over the XL you have to look at the Hellcat. It’s a nice pistol.

I included the P938 since you were considering it. I don’t like the 938 at all. The trigger is trash, the take up is sloppy, it has too much creep and the break is inconsistent. To be fair I expected a 1911 quality trigger and feel like Sig delivered way off that mark. The 938 is narrow and easy to carry. I’m 6,4” and 180 pounds so I’m not stressing my rig by any means, my setup turned off the safety on my 938 100% of the times I carried it.

View attachment 352187View attachment 352188View attachment 352189View attachment 352190View attachment 352191

Thanks those are great pictures.

I had no idea, thanks!
Good link thanks. Those work great. But does not solve the 10 round P365 to P365XL problem (if in MA and need the 10 rounders of course).

And yes, I know and sympathize on what to do with the original non xl mags, vs selling them and then needing to buy new XL ones. I had to sell my original ones and then start buying the new XL 10 rounders. I had got the grip and just transferred the fcu to the XL.

Still, despite all this, yes, the XL is worth it.

Thanks

Good link thanks. Those work great. But does not solve the 10 round P365 to P365XL problem (if in MA and need the 10 rounders of course).

And yes, I know and sympathize on what to do with the original non xl mags, vs selling them and then needing to buy new XL ones. I had to sell my original ones and then start buying the new XL 10 rounders. I had got the grip and just transferred the fcu to the XL.

Still, despite all this, yes, the XL is worth it.

Thanks

What about getting the 12 round extended baseplate and putting it on a 10 round XL magazine? If that works you could have the extended mag in your standard P365.

Should work in theory since you can remove the extension, put on the flush baseplate and use with XL. So the reverse should work.

mag-365-9-12-08.jpg

Without saying where, I had a chance to check out the P365 XL. I also checked out the new Shield EZ 9mm. I liked the trigger on the Shield a little better. Imagine a nice trigger on a Shield, no Apex needed. Shield was $200 less, but a little heavier and longer. Unless pocket carry is your plan I like the XL over the regular 365.

Does anyone know if the Mass. compliant version is available yet? And if so, can anyone hook me up with a LGS that has one in stock?

Thanks

Does anyone know if the Mass. compliant version is available yet? And if so, can anyone hook me up with a LGS that has one in stock?

Thanks

Right now mass compliant or not (nobody should care about this) P365-Anythings are difficult to come by.

Thanks
Give a call to the Sig Pro Shop in NH. If they don't have it, likely you won't get it anywhere else either. They will ship to your FFL in MA.

Just drive up, they’ve been swamped last few times I’ve been there. Nobody was near a phone unless they were ringing someone up.
Actually, that's not true. I was up there a few weeks ago for a class. You have to get buzzed into the Pro shop and then your temperature is taken before you can enter. They only allow a few people in the shop at the same time. They are not "swamped" in the shop. Over the last 3 days I've probably called a dozen times and no one picks up. I finally left a message this AM. We'll see if I get a call back.

Actually, that's not true. I was up there a few weeks ago for a class. You have to get buzzed into the Pro shop and then your temperature is taken before you can enter. They only allow a few people in the shop at the same time. They are not "swamped" in the shop. Over the last 3 days I've probably called a dozen times and no one picks up. I finally left a message this AM. We'll see if I get a call back.

Weird, I walked in 2 weeks ago and there was easily a dozen customers inside. Masks were required,they had a box of freebies by the door, and no temp checks. This was on a weekday afternoon and I had to park is student parking due to nothing open in front of store.

Weird, I walked in 2 weeks ago and there was easily a dozen customers inside. Masks were required,they had a box of freebies by the door, and no temp checks. This was on a weekday afternoon and I had to park is student parking due to nothing open in front of store.
Well, there is one way to settle this.

Let's call the pro shop and ask them what their policy is.

Oh. Never mind.

Well, there is one way to settle this.

Let's call the pro shop and ask them what their policy is.

Oh. Never mind.

ive called 5 times this week and have not been able to get through to anyone. I don’t want to drive up there and have them be closed or have no inventory. I even tried their Facebook page and they never responded.

ive called 5 times this week and have not been able to get through to anyone. I don’t want to drive up there and have them be closed or have no inventory. I even tried their Facebook page and they never responded.
I left a message yesterday morning and never got a call back. According to the web site the shop is closed this Monday and next Monday.

I know the pro shop is separate from the academy but I also had my first bad experience in a class recently too. Which I would have detailed in the course survey if I ever got one. Apparently they no longer do that.

Why worry about customer service when people are begging to give you their money.

Now that I think of it, when I didn't receive the class survey that I was dying to fill out I first sent an email requesting one. I never got an answer to that email. I then called the academy and asked if they were still sending out class surveys. The Woman who I spoke to said she didn't know but she took my number and said she'd get back to me. Spoiler Alert: She never got back to me.

Picked up a 365xl (Free State ver w/no safety) a couple weeks ago. Put a RomeoZero on it and carried it at 4'oclock IWB hoster for a week camping in VT. Easily the best carry pistol I own. Even with the red dot it is a more comfy gun for me to carry than my 2.0 Shield and seems to print less. Absolutely love the way it feels in my hands. I have 12rnd mag with the 3d printed 2 rnd spacer installed. My 2nd mag i had to mail order from SIG with a web code. I had issues doing this because they would only send the 12rnd mag out and of course would not ship it to our state. I resolved that issue though and did receive the 2nd mag.

Only thing i didn't like was the gun was filthy and drenched in oil. I took the whole thing apart and cleaned and polished a few parts, then properly oiled it.

is the trigger weight the same for all of the versions, ie... free state vs mass? Or does the mass version have the 10lb trigger and the others have 5lb? I couldn't find any answers on trigger weight anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom