• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P365

Some voodoo about being halfway between a double-stack and single-stack. I declare witchcraft on this and think we need to re-institute the witch trials.

IMG_5982-440x329.jpg

How about "offset stack". Sig, if you are reading this, I'll take a free gun as compensation for the term. Thanks!

BTW, anyone in the market for a PM 9? :emoji_smile:

Just a reminder that Glock hasn't done any actual engineering in a couple decades.

So they’re a couple decades ahead of everybody else. Take a knee, drink water, pull security until they catch up.

My 938 should feel threatened, as much as I love it.
Not a fan of the 365's looks, or the rail, but the 43 I was going to buy isn't a looker either.
The ergonomics of the 365 look awesome too, if you like the sig feel.

I would have been interested in it if the gun was all metal.

That's the only reason I wouldn't just buy a glock.

Do their alloy frames crack?

Well it wouldn't be a new Sig without a few minor issues:

can they claim 10 rounds if on each mag one of the 10 fails to load?

Like anything else it will take 6 months to a year before the QC is up to par to the point you can
trust buying one off the shelf.

-Mike

A carry should be boringly reliable. If I have to make sure I'm using just the right lubricant, I don't want it.

I agree mostly, except that this gun's not even really out yet, and there are a lot of lubricants (eg, junk like frog lube etc) that are really unsuitable for use on any firearm. I bet once this thing is shaken down you'll be able to spray CLP, rem oil, or some other "cheap stuff that doesn't gum up when its cold" on it and given anywhere remotely regular maintenance, it'll run just fine...

-Mike

I agree mostly, except that this gun's not even really out yet, and there are a lot of lubricants (eg, junk like frog lube etc) that are really unsuitable for use on any firearm. I bet once this thing is shaken down you'll be able to spray CLP, rem oil, or some other "cheap stuff that doesn't gum up when its cold" on it and given anywhere remotely regular maintenance, it'll run just fine...

-Mike

This.
I don't think that one could speculate about the performance of production guns until production guns start hitting the street and people are actually able to shoot them and mess with them. It's impossible to know what condition the one gun that had problems was in, how much it had been used, or if it was representative of production examples.
If Sig's track record with brand new models is any indication is that we wont see the problems for the first 6-9 months and those problems Sig is probably already secretly aware of and getting ready to fix and update the production line.
Sig is a little bit like Apple right now, where they still have a great reputation and are they are still quite innovative but they are messing it up by pushing out products that are not quite ready for primetime. Hopefully they have learned some lessons from the P320 debacle and V1.0 of the P365 isn't a lemon. Depending on my level of self-restraint I'll be holding out for at least the V1.2
I think they are going to sell the snot out of these things, and the grip module concept has some really interesting possibilities (integration of lights/lasers etc).

Except from the article in post #2 they have have been in production for "several months". The reviewer should have been running a "production" gun if they are in production, or it should have been mentioned that he was running a beta gun and the production ones didn't have the lube fussiness.

"According to SIG, the P365 has been in production for several months and should be available very soon. Their concern is keeping up with demand for a pistol that has broken the mould for a carry pistol, combining concealability with capacity."

Except from the article in post #2 they have have been in production for "several months". The reviewer should have been running a "production" gun if they are in production, or it should have been mentioned that he was running a beta gun and the production ones didn't have the lube fussiness.

"According to SIG, the P365 has been in production for several months and should be available very soon. Their concern is keeping up with demand for a pistol that has broken the mould for a carry pistol, combining concealability with capacity."

Even if its been produced for 6 months it's still just an infant, in gun terms.

Def interested...sucks that the 12 round extended mag won’t be MA legal...I’d like to shoot this back to back with my PPS m2 to compare size/accuracy/recoil and make a decision...I know my pps is heavier than this is but the 10 round capacity is huge

Anyone interested in a Glock 43?

That was my first thought after seeing it on FB GOM last night. I'm a die-hard Glock guy, but a Sig trigger in a small package with a seemingly more comfortable grip-frame??? Too many good things to pass one up.

Most of the rest of Sigs product line outside of like this gun and like 3 others are f***ing school buses, though, So I'll cut them a lot of slack. There's going to be compromises to make it actually competitive with its peers. This is a carry gun, not some fancy pants Equinox faglaroid edition super xiectalux shiny BBQ gun that meatheads show off to their friends, lol. Also you didn't read the specs, 10 is native, 12 is extended....

-Mike

LOL. So you're saying you don't like the looks of most Sig pistols??? School buses. I can relate. But I have to say, old school Dana Scully carrying a 239 was hotter than the surface of the sun. Even though the bore-axis on a 239, and most other Sigs, is about 8' above the web of your hand. LOL

A carry gun should be boringly reliable. If I have to make sure I'm using just the right lubricant, I don't want it.

To be fair, are you carrying open-carry in 14 degree weather??? That's what the author was doing. Once he got proper lube AND proper temperature, the problem disappeared. Another reason to be for global warming and to keep burning tires in my backyard. ;)

Damn. I haven't been excited about a pistol in. . . . . a decade??? Maybe? Nah. Probably at least half that, tho.

LOL. So you're saying you don't like the looks of most Sig pistols??? School buses. I can relate. But I have to say, old school Dana Scully carrying a 239 was hotter than the surface of the sun. Even though the bore-axis on a 239, and most other Sigs, is about 8' above the web of your hand. LOL

That's my problem with the Sigs, especially having shot a lot of CZs. The trigger on my 229 feels like it's attached with yarn compared to the CZs too...floppy. I will probably send it to Derr to see if a professional gunsmith can clean it up.

On the plus side, the higher bore axis definitely makes it an order of magnitude easier to rack the slide.

What I'm really saying here is that CZ should make a single stack RAMI.

I was at Four Seasons this morning and a couple of people called asking about the 365. Carl told them it's not on the approved roster yet and it will be some time before they can be sold in MA. Based on what I heard and saw, there is going to be a lot of interest in this gun.

Personally, I'd rather have a CS9 if I could find one. Or a pre rail 3913TSW, but I'm an all metal TDA kind of guy.

Back
Top Bottom