Sightmark scopes (citadel)

anyone use Sightmark scopes? Looking for a higher zoom FFP for under 500$ and was looking at the Sightmark citadel.
Thanks

Any other suggestions from anyone? I should have mentioned I prefer to buy US made.

Any other suggestions from anyone? I should have mentioned I prefer to buy US made.
I don't think Sightmark manufactures their scopes in the US. I think they're made in China.
Also, might be tough to find a FFP scope made in the US for under $500

anyone use Sightmark scopes? Looking for a higher zoom FFP for under 500$ and was looking at the Sightmark citadel.
Thanks
Jump onto rokslide.com. Go to the optics for sale section. Trust me. You will find quality used scopes that will meet your budget. I'm a a big fan of leupold. The vx3 line is legit.

That's gonna be pretty tough to do for $500. A lot of the stuff coming from Asia in that price range is actually not to bad in quality these days. Just stick to well known brands with good warranty policy's. Watch the video Broc posted above, he is our resident sniper after all.

In that price range, American designed, and American final assemble is the best you can hope for. I’m no expert, just a fellow consumer. I hope I’m wrong.

For now, paper at 300 yards
If it were my money I'd go for the best glass/build quality with power below 12-15x. If you want high power zoom for spotting holes on paper just get a spotting scope. I've only shot out to 600yds but never needed any more than 5-10x. Just personal preference. Glass over zoom all day

No scope. But had a magnifier. It was terrible. For close to the same price range, I found Primary arms and Vortex to be a lot better.

For now, paper at 300 yards

Check out the Arken 4-16, or buy better glass at lower magnification. You don't need much at 300 unless you want to see the holes as you shoot without a spotting scope. 6X at that distance makes it look like your target is at 50 yards.

There are very few US made scopes.
Maybe Assembled in usa.

Stick with a US company with proven support/warranty

I think at $500 FFP your looking at Vortex ——- is the Diamondback still around?
Athlon makes decent lower priced stuff.

Dont discount used. You can find very nice scopes for good prices if you dig around.
I have seen some very good deals on NES

Last edited:
somewhere at or above 16x is what I was thinking.
What type of shooting are you doing? Hits on steel, shooting X ring? Are you going to engage at multiple distance when you shoot?
Any specific need for FFP

That's gonna be pretty tough to do for $500. A lot of the stuff coming from Asia in that price range is actually not to bad in quality these days. Just stick to well known brands with good warranty policy's. Watch the video Broc posted above, he is our resident sniper after all.
Broc is still looking for a mount and cheek riser for his scope
F72108F1-0AEB-4F35-B3BD-291C382D5527.jpeg

I recently joined a club with 100 yarder. All my current optics are 3x-9x. Across the board, I get much tighter groups at full power with all different platforms. It seems the bigger the target, the better hits I get. I shoot up north with a friend a few times a year and I’d like try my distance game so just looking to have a dedicated setup for that. It would be several targets at varying distances and angles. Not looking to see the holes, I do have a spotting scope. Just looking for the biggest picture of the target I can afford, as I seem to shoot better that way.

I recently joined a club with 100 yarder. All my current optics are 3x-9x. Across the board, I get much tighter groups at full power with all different platforms. It seems the bigger the target, the better hits I get. I shoot up north with a friend a few times a year and I’d like try my distance game so just looking to have a dedicated setup for that. It would be several targets at varying distances and angles. Not looking to see the holes, I do have a spotting scope. Just looking for the biggest picture of the target I can afford, as I seem to shoot better that way.
full choke 000 buckshot

You can get a 6-24x50mm Arken right now for $340.00. I don't think you can find a better scope for under 500. I consider this one a steal. Yes, much more expensive scopes are going to have better glass. But this scope has decent glass, a great reticle, lifetime warranty, and all of the features I would be looking for in higher end scopes. i think it is much more magnification than you need at 300 yards, but you don't have to max it out. The sight picture is going to be more forgiving in the middle of the range, anyway. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom