Sightmark scopes (citadel)

it isn't US made, but take a look at Arken Optics,
they are reasonably priced and they don't suck
I forgot the US made stipulation. There is not going to be a totally US made scope anywhere near that value, unfortunately.

The OP will either have to settle for a good well-made scope under $500.00 or a US made scope for under $500.00, in my opinion.

I forgot the US made stipulation. There is not going to be a totally US made scope anywhere near that value, unfortunately.

The OP will either have to settle for a good well-made scope under $500.00 or a US made scope for under $500.00, in my opinion.
Is there any US made glass ?

Is there any US made glass ?
I've seen it for lab use. I'm sure it exists in the high end stuff. I'd be surprised if the lower end of the market is worth looking through. My understanding is that the Leupold stuff in this range is "assembled in America with global materials"

I've seen it for lab use. I'm sure it exists in the high end stuff. I'd be surprised if the lower end of the market is worth looking through. My understanding is that the Leupold stuff in this range is "assembled in America with global materials"
Years ago I was talking to a club member who is a “scope” collector.
Or optical colector. From telescopes, microscopes and basically anything with a lense.
I know he had a fancy name for it but I forget.
At that time he said other than eye glass lens manufactures there was only 1 us manufacture of optical lenses.
Plenty of design and engineering firms that ship production over seas.
I still wonder if possibly there is a 100% made in the usa from raw/material to parts to production.
There might be but im sure well out of my budget.

Well it was harder than I thought to find everything I was looking for. I ended up finding a vortex diamondback 4-16x42 on sale and couldn’t pass it up. Brand new $199 on midway

Back
Top Bottom