Small World Syndrome Mauser P38s......Hey Guys, It's not a Mauser long rifle, but a

Hey Guys,

It's a Mauser P38 Story so I'd thought I'd share...

On a Facebook group, a friend of mine by chance posted pictures of his Byf44 P38. I knew mine was a Byf44 and also the same Q block. So I dug mine out to take a look at the serial number.

Turns out by coincidence our pistols are 46 numbers apart.

Mine is

9901Q

His is

9947Q

I know 46 numbers is not "super close" but I thought by chance it was amazing they were probably on the same day of production. Probably the last time they saw each other.

The internet is an amazing tool. Gave me the opportunity to see something like this. Sorry if its chessy. Just gave me a feeling of "small world syndrome"

Kinda cool, thank you Al Gore's Internet.

I kow some people that pay big money for consecutive numbers. To them it is like a sickness. To me all P38's are special though LOL

Yeah I don't think I'll sell mine and he doesn't think he'll sell his but just neat we had the pistols that happen to be that close together.

Finding consecutive seriAl numbers is a tad too expensive an endeavour for me. Haha

Not a Facebook fan. But I'll be game to participate in the shoot-off!

jwa4_holster_p38_007.JPG

I just sold my AC43 this week. Only reason I did was because I spent more than I could afford buying a 1964 Colt commercial Gov't model.
Also, for some reason I couldn't get decent groups with that P38. No idea why. The trigger was fine and the bore was clean.

I'm sure I'll miss it in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom