so I might have just panic bought a trigger

Last year I built a 308 AR for deer hunting. I love the rifle, but the stock trigger sucks. I've been wanting a better trigger for it, and all of this chatter about the new bumpfire stock bill in the house (and how it could include triggers) reminded me that it's almost deer season, and thanks to this stupid bill, triggers might be hard to get. I did a quick search, and JoeBobs had the Hiperfire 24E for $129... that's almost 1/2 off! Ding, trigger in the mail!

It would allow him to shoot faster. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to require spring/damper systems on all firearms next.

I'll be ordering a trigger or two as soon as the credit card closes for the month. The way the bills are written (badly as usual), an aspiring AG could 'interpret' them to mean any non-stock trigger. Meaning mil-spec only in an AR, a Geissele trigger could be interpreted to 'increase the rate of fire' due to lighter pull, or less creep or shorter reset.

I'll be ordering a trigger or two as soon as the credit card closes for the month. The way the bills are written (badly as usual), an aspiring AG could 'interpret' them to mean any non-stock trigger. Meaning mil-spec only in an AR, a Geissele trigger could be interpreted to 'increase the rate of fire' due to lighter pull, or less creep or shorter reset.

Jerry Miculek's gonna get impounded and stored in a warehouse.

But seriously, reading the wording this morning of some of the proposed bills, yeah - an aftermarket trigger could conceivably become illegal. Me? I'm thinking it's time to check my stock of 80% lowers and parts kits.

This feels like triple layer tinfoil territory. Yet sadly, still in the realm of lawmaker overreaction. Next: magnified scopes.

Read the language of the bills currently being floated around. Some of you guys throw the term tinfoil around way too casually.

I went to a gun shop I'd never been to before some time last year to pick up a gun that I had been trying to find for years. While I was in there I saw a CMC AR trigger hanging on the wall for I think it was $200 or so. I grabbed it and holy crap does it make a big difference. What a nice pull/ reset. Glad I made that spur of the moment purchase.

Damn, my Jewell trigger has a 2 ounce pull... [shocked] that should be able to fire really fast. If it wasn't on a single shot rifle. [grin]

I know they will F up the way Bills are written. How will they know what came with a certain firearm, especially AR's which are built by every Tom Dick and Harry in every imaginable configuration.
I have competition AR's with much better triggers than stock, they would be legal and the exact same trigger put into a different gun would not just because it did not come with it.

These new Bills are going to be a big issue and frankly I'm getting very sick of this shit.

Tinfoilery my ass, come back here in a month or so and tell us you were right.

Last edited:
And now we have proof that triggers could be deemed illegal. Wording today in the new bill that just got passed is pretty loose. It could be simply swapping out a lighter trigger makes you have the ability to shoot faster.

We're ****ed.

“Whoever possesses, owns or offers for sale any device which attaches to a rifle, shotgun or firearm, except a magazine, that is designed to increase the rate of discharge of the rifle, shotgun or firearm or whoever modifies any rifle, shotgun or firearm with the intent to increase its rate of discharge, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison by not less than 3 nor more than 20 years.”

How about compensators? They increase the rate of fire too, by allowing the shooter to stay on target and allow quicker follow up shots.

Felonies for everybody!

And now we have proof that triggers could be deemed illegal. Wording today in the new bill that just got passed is pretty loose. It could be simply swapping out a lighter trigger makes you have the ability to shoot faster.

We're ****ed.

“Whoever possesses, owns or offers for sale any device which attaches to a rifle, shotgun or firearm, except a magazine, that is designed to increase the rate of discharge of the rifle, shotgun or firearm or whoever modifies any rifle, shotgun or firearm with the intent to increase its rate of discharge, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison by not less than 3 nor more than 20 years.”

Thats so funny, i should file a patent for a magizine bump firing device.. it would just be a hybrid mag/stock that functions identical to the current bump fire /slide fire...

Itll be so funny after somthing is passed and within 24h there will be a new loophole product invented..
It really makes it apparent how stupid our lawmakers are.

I don't think triggers are in the crosshairs, unless someone markets their trigger as "designed to increase the rate of discharge", which they won't.

Agreed. We’ll see where it ends up though once everyone’s had their say.

I don't think triggers are in the crosshairs, unless someone markets their trigger as "designed to increase the rate of discharge", which they won't.

The problem is that the wording in all of these bills is vague as shit and no definitions or standards/ specs on "rate of discharge" are offered. Everything that is not manually operated is in the crosshairs.

The problem is that the wording in all of these bills is vague as shit and no definitions or standards/ specs on "rate of discharge" are offered. Everything that is not manually operated is in the crosshairs.

They will have to prove a trigger was designed to increase the rate of discharge. Perfect for the OJ defense. Dry fire two different guns with different triggers at the same rate in court. Have your defense attorney proclaim: "If the trigger isn't quicker, you must acquit!"

They will have to prove a trigger was designed to increase the rate of discharge. Perfect for the OJ defense. Dry fire two different guns with different triggers at the same rate in court. Have your defense attorney proclaim: "If the trigger isn't quicker, you must acquit!"

I'm hiring two shooters for the demo. Jerry M to shoot the unmodified gun and that big guy in the animated gif to shoot the modified one.

Back
Top Bottom