so I was at the kittery trading post yesterday...

What a cool place!! Got to look at and handle some pistols I can't get in MA [crying] I really like the browning buckmark bullseye stainless model, the grip feels really nice, and its a sleek gun. [smile] Does anyone know if they made these prior to the ban??? I need to move out of here [hmmm]

-Tom

Yeah, cruising the racks at KTP is a lot of fun, and has separated me from a good bit of my discretionary income over the years.

According to Wikipedia, the Buckmark was introduced in 1985. (if you go searching for it there, note that they have it spelled as two words, i.e., buck mark)

+1 on moving outta here.

I'll have to look into the models/years more Dick, thanks! I'll probably post up a WTB in MA for a buckmark when I actually get my license, but if anyone has any info on the years/models that were produced or has one they'd like to sell to me in the future I'd love to hear about it [smile]

-Tom

KTP is great except I was there 2 weeks ago and the guy behind the counter said to the customer he was helping next to me: "I cant stand waiting on folks from Mass, they cant buy most of the stuff here anyways, why waste my time?"

Ouch, thanks for rubbing it in... Well after that, I didnt bother checking out any of of their over priced firearms or paying their sales tax..

The guy who I talked to was nice, I was actually telling him I couldn't buy the guns I wanted to hold, haha! He had no problems with it and was polite, originally from MA himself. They could use a few more people behind that counter though, that place is busy.

Well after that, I didnt bother checking out any of of their over priced firearms or paying their sales tax..

I haven't bought anything from them for a few years, but at one time, if you were spending enough money, they had a storefront (old gas station, actually) down the road in Portsmouth and the salesperson would drive the gun down there and meet you to fill out the paperwork in NH so as to save the tax. Only for long guns, obviously, and I don't know if they still do it, but it was a pretty customer-friendly policy at the time.

I got my glock there many years ago. No issues. Only question was where did I want it shipped.

I was there last year, and found some 16ga slugs so I grabbed an armload of them and headed to the register without thinking.
As I was asking the clerk if I could buy them with either my MA LTC or my NH LTC (Nonresident), she told me "No, I'll need cash, check or a credit card, sir".
I made a comment like "Sorry, I forgot how it is in "free America" and she told me that "John has a long mustache".

I love that place!

KTP is great except I was there 2 weeks ago and the guy behind the counter said to the customer he was helping next to me: "I cant stand waiting on folks from Mass, they cant buy most of the stuff here anyways, why waste my time?"

Ouch, thanks for rubbing it in... Well after that, I didnt bother checking out any of of their over priced firearms or paying their sales tax..
Yea, they have a real 'tude towards ma**h***s regarding guns. Don't let them know where you're from! [wink]

On the other hand, my cash is green, if they're too condescending letting the management know they've got a customer relations problem might set 'em right. We may be ma**h***s but we've spent plenty of cash up there on what can can buy.

I haven't bought anything from them for a few years, but at one time, if you were spending enough money, they had a storefront (old gas station, actually) down the road in Portsmouth and the salesperson would drive the gun down there and meet you to fill out the paperwork in NH so as to save the tax. Only for long guns, obviously, and I don't know if they still do it, but it was a pretty customer-friendly policy at the time.
They still do it, we did that when we bought both the canoe and safe up there (separate trips!!)

Any firearm recieved at the NH store must be over a certain price. I believe it is $250.00. You could wait for them to be going with another firearm and then have your taken at no charge. This works for handguns and longguns for NH residents.

made a comment like "Sorry, I forgot how it is in "free America" and she told me that "John has a long mustache".---Tuna

Tuna,
What does that mean?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Tuna,
What does that mean?

Respectfully,

jkelly

The phrase "John has a long mustache" is an actual code signal used by the French Resistance during World War II. It is one of many phrases broadcast "in the clear" on BBC radio. For months preceding the attack on Normandy, a constant stream of coded messages was sent over the BBC radio network, such as " Napoleon’s hat is in the ring," "John loves Mary," "The arrow will not pass," "The Trojan War will not be held," and "John has a long mustache."

"John has a long mustache" and "The chair is against the wall" were also used in the movie Red Dawn and The Longest Day.

By the way, the two actual messages that meant the invasion was on were "It is hot in Suez," and "The dice are on the table."

Wolverines!

Any firearm recieved at the NH store must be over a certain price. I believe it is $250.00. You could wait for them to be going with another firearm and then have your taken at no charge. This works for handguns and longguns for NH residents.

When I worked the KTP gun floor (admittedly a few years back in '04), I don't remember a minimum $ amount required for a non-ME gun transfer at the NH storefront. All NH xfrs HAD to go through the NH storefront.

One of the sales staff gave me crap for moving to MA. from Maine after I told him I used to live in York County. I shut his ass up quick when I started rattling off prices of new guns at Four Seasons. The two local guys who overheard what I said were very aware that KTP gun prices are sky high when I was done. My wife likes to buy clothes there but the prices have driven elsewhere unless they are having a sale of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom