So, what did you get on Black Friday?

Uberti Silverboy .22 lever action and some steel targets. I can't wait.

I really didn't want another bolt action .22 and frankly was not excited to buy a 10/22 even though "everybody has to have one". Somebody posted the Bud's sale on silverboy and it fit the bill just right :)

Oh, and some ammo cans!

Last edited:
I went shopping, because I like people watching. I also want a chance to fight ISIS 1 on 5, and I figured that a mall is my best chance right now. I was packing my M&P Shield in .40

Nothing happened, so I just bought presents for my kids and didn't save any $$. Then I went home and bought more stuff on Amazon. I was carrying while I did that too... because you never know when an active shooter can hit online.

I paid gunsmith service fees to Pullman Arms to have a non-evil muzzle device pinned and welded to a previously evil 14.5" barrel to make it into peace-loving unicorn that now farts skittle rainbows.

Barrel & upper are now mated to a pre Healeyban lower receiver, and yet another "assault weapon" was born.

Stayed home and bought online - one of the last 2016 American Standard Stratocasters in Olympic white/maple.

banana republic had their khaki pants on sale 50% off regular price, so 5 pants ended up being $173 shipped. their pants are top quality and the dawson fit are nice and loose through the legs. it's the only banana republic product i purchase. the rest of their stuff is hipster garbage.

and yes I just mentioned banana republic in an NES thread so neg rep points are warranted, if you un-friend me I understand. [shocked]

Was looking now at safes at Dicks. Question...has anyone used their delivery? I would love to pick it up myself but have no way to transport 500+ lbs home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was looking now at safes at Dicks. Question...has anyone used their delivery? I would love to pick it up myself but have no way to transport 500+ lbs home.

Depends on what shipping company they use. I've had stuff shipped freight to me via Estes and usually meet them outside as the truck pulls up. No rough handling or damage from past 3 experiences with them.
I've dealt with other freight companies here and there as well, haven't had any issues as long as the shipper packages the goods appropriately.

I got a cold.
My Dad got to recover from an ruptured aortic aneurism.
Not the best of Thanksgivings but could have been much, much worse.

I feel your pain - just happened to my sister. Now she can't retain any new memory. She is only 47.

Let's hope for the best...

Reds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought the 26 Winchester safe from tractor supply. Hauled it up a flight of stairs with just the help of my 13 year-old wing man. It's full already [smile]

Got my limit of Federal Automatch .22 at 2 dick's stores (12 boxes) and >500 rounds of 9MM at 6 bucks a box after rebates.

Shot 150 rounds shooting steel @ SRG afterwards.

Also an insane deal on Dockers @ Bob's store. Ended up being like $13/pair after the discounts and coupons.

I ordered a bunch of sweaters on discount. Going to try them all on and keep 2-3. High end stuff. I've got one higher end wool sweater. It's a half-decade old and no sign of pilling. Those stupid Jos A Bank sweaters pill within 2 weeks.

Underwear.

K-cups.

Cigars. Neptune Cigar had a 20% off across the board sale.

Action Target's .22 spinner target.

I think that was it.

What I find fascinating is most retailers just extend their African American End-Of-Week sale into Cyber Monday and call it Cyber Monday. It's the same stuff. Same sale. Mix it up a bit, eh?

Cabelas had a Sako A7 Long Range in .308 with the Roughtech stock Sako-A7.jpg on sale for $900. I went to Dollar General and bought $1000 worth of Cabelas gift cards for $800. All said and done it's a $1300 gun for $800! Now to find a piece of glass worth twice the gun and see what it can do.

Actually on Saturday.. I grabbed the last Remington 870 express hardwood at Bass Pro for $299 with $60 rebate and $50 in Bass Pro gift cards. I was told that if I used or opened a BPS credit card, they'd take another $25 off, but passed on the credit card thing.

Back
Top Bottom