So with recent events...

... like the DC handgun decision, the Ohio gun law changes and the recent law backed by the NRA preventing the government from taking legal firearms during a state of emergency..

Do you think there may be a shift in the tides in our favor?

I mean the DC thing has got to hurt guys like mumbles... simply because that would make it more difficult for him to try the same...

IDK... it may just be a flash in the pan, but it seems to me that the 2A may be gaining more support.

Hmmm. There may be, but the anti-gun forces will continue to lie and cheat at every opportunity so the last thing we can do is rest on our laurels.

Correctamundo. And, after the DC decision, be prepared. Panic will hit the likes of the Brady's, Stop Handgun Violence, et al, and it's only going to get worse from their end. That being said, I do believe your right matt. Everytime something happens, such as 9/11 or the riots in NO, I get innudated with calls from people for courses. Infact, I've been pretty busy of late with students, and I'm not sure why. Some even now have said that the riots and gun confiscation in NO made them start to think. It took them a while to start the process, but that was their motivation.

Hmmm. There may be, but the anti-gun forces will continue to lie and cheat at every opportunity so the last thing we can do is rest on our laurels.

I agree and in fact I think it would even inspire more active support for the pro 2A… sometimes I think people get overwhelmed by the antis and give up/in.

This should add some fire back to that flame… inspiring states like ours to continue to fight and fight harder for our rights… eventually, we may just get where we want to be.

Correctamundo. And, after the DC decision, be prepared. Panic will hit the likes of the Brady's, Stop Handgun Violence, et al, and it's only going to get worse from their end. That being said, I do believe your right matt. Everytime something happens, such as 9/11 or the riots in NO, I get innudated with calls from people for courses. Infact, I've been pretty busy of late with students, and I'm not sure why. Some even now have said that the riots and gun confiscation in NO made them start to think. It took them a while to start the process, but that was their motivation.

NO is exactly what slapped me upside the head and made me get my LTC and get armed to the teeth.

Our biggest enemy is the media. Most Americans run their lives on auto pilot and beleive the news to be gospal. The media is currently spewing the filth provided to them by the Brady bunch and others. If we could get one of the major networks (abc, cbs, nbc) on our side or even just do a "Trueth about Guns" special, there would be a drastic change in public opinion.

The only places I hear anything pro gun, pro 2A, pro constitution, pro liberty, pro freedom, is right here on this forum and other similar places that only people who already know are likely to visit.

Our biggest enemy is the media. Most Americans run their lives on auto pilot and beleive the news to be gospal. The media is currently spewing the filth provided to them by the Brady bunch and others. If we could get one of the major networks (abc, cbs, nbc) on our side or even just do a "Trueth about Guns" special, there would be a drastic change in public opinion.

While I agree that the majority of people in this country are unaware, I also believe, due to some polls that I've seen, the majority of people are waking up to the fact that the media spin their own tales. Most polls I've seen say that people don't trust the media like they used to. One can only hope that at least some of the sheep are waking up.

IDK, even a good amount of people I work with (even as liberal as they are) still believe in the 2 A, and some of them I have been able to convince them that there are real uses for the AR-15/AK47.

IDK, even a good amount of people I work with (even as liberal as they are) still believe in the 2 A, and some of them I have been able to convince them that there are real uses for the AR-15/AK47.

Have you ever considered running for office, dear one? [smile]

I think that every little bit helps. I'm not counting on anything
drastic, though. We still have to be relentless. Stopping
the erosion is just the first part of the whole larger battle. There are
still a bazillion various laws which need to be modified or
destroyed. None of us should be content until there is a set of nails in
the coffin of gun control. We need to get the 2nd amendment to be (effectually)
at least as powerful as the first is... EG, it works most of the time with only very
narrowly defined exceptions. We still have a long way to go in terms of getting it
there. At least some free states seem to be getting a clue and fully supporting
RKBA. (EG, the Wyoming vs BATFE battle is a sign of this).

-Mike

Last edited:
Correctamundo. And, after the DC decision, be prepared. Panic will hit the likes of the Brady's, Stop Handgun Violence, et al, and it's only going to get worse from their end.

To prove your point, aileron posted this in the Gun Rights Forum:

Brady Campaign Starts Radio Ads on Maryland Assault Weapons Legislation

WASHINGTON, March 13 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Brady Campaign to
Prevent Gun Violence starts a radio advertising campaign this afternoon to
augment its efforts to pass an assault rifle ban in Maryland.
The ad urging support for Maryland Senate Bill 43 begins this afternoon
on Baltimore radio station WBAL. The ad is available for review at
http://www.bradycampaign.org. A transcript of the ad follows:
"This is Paul Helmke, head of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun
Violence.
"Police in Baltimore, across Maryland and around the country are
finding themselves outgunned by criminals using military style assault
rifles that can fire up to 75 bullets in a matter of seconds. In Maryland,
an assault rifle is linked to a crime every 48 hours on average, according
to law enforcement data analyzed by Ceasefire Maryland.
"A bill in the State Legislature would ban these deadly weapons in
Maryland. Senate Bill 43 would help ensure that criminals don't have more
firepower than the police. State Senator James Brochin from the Baltimore
area is the key vote needed now to pass this bill.
"Please call Senator Brochin at 410-841-3648. Ask him to support Senate
Bill 43 to ban assault rifles. Make sure your voice is heard. That number
again: 410-841-3648."
As the nation's largest, non-partisan, grassroots organization leading
the fight to prevent gun violence, the Brady Campaign, working with its
dedicated network of Million Mom March Chapters, is devoted to creating an
America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at
school, at work, and in our communities.

Does anyone really think this is true:

In Maryland, an assault rifle is linked to a crime every 48 hours on average, according to law enforcement data analyzed by Ceasefire Maryland.

You bet! Most people who hear this ad will think it's true without ever pondering the possibility of its accuracy. Since it's "law enforcement data" and has been "analyzed by Ceasefire Maryland" it must be true, right?

Ten bucks says that statement is a lie.

In Maryland, an assault rifle is linked to a crime every 48 hours on average, according to law enforcement data analyzed by Ceasefire Maryland.

That could mean they are used to STOP the crime [rolleyes]
And I'd bet $100 it isn't true, that sounds ridiculous to me; we'd have the national guard deployed over there if it was that bad.

And their defnition of a non-select fire weapon being an "assault rifle" is still horrendously wrong. They should ask the military what an assault rifle really is. From what I understand, the current versions of M16's and M4's given to troops don't even HAVE full auto capacity either, but rather have semi-auto and three-shot burst settings, because full auto rifles are INEFFECTIVE at actually hitting a target. Thats what a machine gun is for, and those are already regulated. Their lack of understanding of what they are fighting against just proves their idiocy.

-Tom

I still don't see how this bill "would help ensure that criminals don't have more
firepower than the police". Isn't it already illigal for criminals to have ANY firepower AT ALL, so following their logic the criminals shouldn't even be able to enter a gun fight with the police with anything bigger than a bb gun; with or without their new law.

Where is the anti gun-control radio ad? Too many people only ever hear one side and don't even think to research the other side or even the side they heard.

Back
Top Bottom