Some old school photos

Hey, if you're gonna bring your Model T into the old school thread......... :)

jenne.jpg

look around, you'll see a lot of my Smith's in other threads

the NRA patch has come off. I didn't put it on. I have bayo and frog..just no pic.
Web%20k31.jpg

from what I uderstand, it's only called a K31, but the K31 was replaced by this model which is actually a Schmidt-Rubin, so ignore the K31 label in the pic.

Last edited:
My late shooting buddy was Swiss and was a master marksman and historian and according to him and his collection of Swiss shooting books dating from the 1700's to 2002 they are all Schmidt-Rubin designed rifles and the model is the K31. Just a comment not arguing at all.

Thanks for posting

9611002_zpsd2a2a92d.jpg

ok, sorry, I got it backwards. a K31 is not a Schmidt-Rubin.

from wikkipidia:

The often quoted but incorrect name of "Schmidt-Rubin" comes from two designers: Rudolf Schmidt, who designed the action for Switzerland's 1889 and 1896 rifles, and Lt. Col. Eduard Rubin,[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP] who designed the ammunition.

Although the K31 is a straight-pull carbine like many other Swiss rifles, it was not designed by Rudolf Schmidt (1832–1898) as he was not alive to do so. The K31 was a totally new design by Eidgenossische Waffenfabrik in Bern, Switzerland under Colonel Adolf Furrer, and the gun does not have the Schmidt-designed 1889 or 1896 action. The first 200 K31s were made in May 1931 for troop trials (serials 500,001 - 500,200), thus the model number of 1931.

I'll check for other references, but this is where I got the info that I posted wrong.

Not arguing, just passing on what I read.

a little old school cool:

Grandpa's WWII Navy knife with reproduction sheath
WWII bring back ammo given to me by Grandpa's friend who served in the Philippines
wood tray toolbox insert crafted by my great grandfather, a master joiner
1911 Army Colt purchased by me, some reproduction parts

hX9QsDD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom