someone with a gun in the Burlington Mall

IMG_1117.jpg

I'm ready.

Your Fleshlight is glaringly absent next to your "Go-Time" umbrella[rofl]

What exactly ARE the laws of guns in public?

Obviously the police think that an AK slung behind your back at the mall is somehow against the law. (and the complication that someone posted Simon malls has some signs saying no fireams allowed).

But (assuming you were propoerly licensed) what if you were walking down the road, on the way to the shooting range for instance? Is that not allowed? What if it was just a .22 bolt action rifle slung over your back? Does the evilness make a difference? Where does it stop? Say you just came out of the woods while turkey hunting in camo and were walking back to your car a mile down the road?

What if you had the AK, but underneath a rain jacket and you printed? Is that illegal?

I remember some guy getting hassled for carrying a crossbow in Amherst I think, with the crossbow being confiscated. Is this all an example of "law creep" where the cops will just hassle you for anything gun related, even if there is no law to back them up?

Last edited:
where can I buy the full size umbrella with the sling style carrying case on line. I've seen the folding ones but not the one in question. When they said I shouldn't have one, I really want to get one.

Ralph

Obviously the police think that an AK slung behind your back at the mall is somehow against the law. (and the complication that someone posted Simon malls has some signs saying no fireams allowed).

But (assuming you were propoerly licensed) what if you were walking down the road, on the way to the shooting range for instance? Is that not allowed? What if it was just a .22 bolt action rifle slung over your back? Does the evilness make a difference? Where does it stop? Say you just came out of the woods while turkey hunting in camo and were walking back to your car a mile down the road?

What if you had the AK, but underneath a rain jacket and you printed? Is that illegal?

I remember some guy getting hassled for carrying a crossbow in Amherst I think, with the crossbow being confiscated. Is this all an example of "law creep" where the cops will just hassle you for anything gun related, even if there is no law to back them up?

AMONG OTHERS:

CARRYING RIFLES OR SHOTGUNS ON A PUBLIC WAY:

The state has enacted specific requirements for carrying a rifle or shotgun on the person on a public way.

•Loaded guns: Except as exempted or provided by law, no person shall carry on his person a loaded rifle or shotgun on a public way (see exemptions below).
•Unloaded guns: Except as exempted or provided by law, no person shall carry on his person on any public way an unloaded rifle or shotgun unless such rifle or shotgun is enclosed in a case. This subsection “does not apply to drills, parades, military reenactments or other commemorative ceremonies, color guards or memorial service firing squads, so called, as permitted by law.”
•Exceptions: The provisions of these sections do not apply to (i) any officer, agent or employee of the Commonwealth or any other state, or the United States (ii) any member of the military or other service of any state or the United States, including national guard, reserves and junior reserve officer training corps (iii) any law enforcement officer, agent or employee of any municipality of the commonwealth, if the persons described are authorized by a competent authority to so carry a loaded or unloaded rifle or shotgun on a public way and such person is acting within the scope of his duties or training, or (iv) a person who is lawfully engaged in hunting and is the holder of a valid hunting or sporting license. (Chapter 269, section 12D.

Forgive me for not citing the specific MGL reference as I'm terrible with looking those up. However, I believe the law prohibits the carry of an uncased long gun along a public way except in parades and reenactments. Technically, if the mall was okay with it (private property) you could carry a rifle in there but it would have to have been cased as you walked there. If the mall is not okay with it they could kick you out and then you'd have to case the rifle before you hit a public way.

AMONG OTHERS:

CARRYING RIFLES OR SHOTGUNS ON A PUBLIC WAY:

The state has enacted specific requirements for carrying a rifle or shotgun on the person on a public way.

•Loaded guns: Except as exempted or provided by law, no person shall carry on his person a loaded rifle or shotgun on a public way (see exemptions below).
•Unloaded guns: Except as exempted or provided by law, no person shall carry on his person on any public way an unloaded rifle or shotgun unless such rifle or shotgun is enclosed in a case. This subsection “does not apply to drills, parades, military reenactments or other commemorative ceremonies, color guards or memorial service firing squads, so called, as permitted by law.”
•Exceptions: The provisions of these sections do not apply to (i) any officer, agent or employee of the Commonwealth or any other state, or the United States (ii) any member of the military or other service of any state or the United States, including national guard, reserves and junior reserve officer training corps (iii) any law enforcement officer, agent or employee of any municipality of the commonwealth, if the persons described are authorized by a competent authority to so carry a loaded or unloaded rifle or shotgun on a public way and such person is acting within the scope of his duties or training, or (iv) a person who is lawfully engaged in hunting and is the holder of a valid hunting or sporting license. (Chapter 269, section 12D.

Thanks. Common sense told me to not publicly carry a rifle/shotgun waliking on the road to the range in the open, if for no other reason than the suitability issue. But I was not aware there was an actual law about it. Glad to see the exception for hunting!

The laws are, anything that might scare the sheeple is illegal - big sticks-knives-guns-umbrellas-camo backpack-white sweatpants-a bulge on your hip-a DTOM flag or sticker-crossbow- BBgun- Airsoft gun-a black packaged anything. Anyone of these and more can get you stopped and searched.

Thanks. Common sense told me to not publicly carry a rifle/shotgun waliking on the road to the range in the open, if for no other reason than the suitability issue. But I was not aware there was an actual law about it. Glad to see the exception for hunting!

Common sense in MA has been twisted beyond recognition then. What's wrong with having a rifle in public? Public would mean it is owned by the people, and should be subject to allowing all rights of citizens freely.

At what point does this whole exercise equate to yelling fire in a crowded theatre?
I'd be interested to know how many accidents this caused out on 128 or how many trip and falls happened as people were fleeing for their lives and diving into storage closets.

You're lucky. I've been fighting a few of the most anti for the last couple hours. Glad I'm out sick today. There were a few comments of, well, even if it was a sword, it should be illegal! AYFK?

ETA: Immigrations and Customs Enforcement - WHAT THE HELL WERE THOSE POSs DOING THERE?
Hope you feel better. Antagonizing antis is fun but often times not worth it. I actually forgot that I have a friend who works at the Lahey Clinic. I'm sure it would have been a little weird to be there but she said 'she was scared.' With that many Troopers around looking for one single umbrella toting baddie, how could you feel unsafe?

Maybe they were hoping the guy was an illegal too[laugh]

I wonder how many trolls on this site from the AG's office absolutely want to go in the bathroom and end it with a warm tub and a cold straight razor for looking retarded because of their ridiculous state procedures when handling "man with rifle".

From all of us at NES, thank you Schutzstaffel, woops I mean AG and Staties for once again wasting our tax dollars trying to enforce something that violates our constitution....pat yourself on the backs you f***ing facists for a job well done, at least you didn't shoot any dogs today, you just only almost shot a kid with an umbrella.

I wonder how many trolls on this site from the AG's office absolutely want to go in the bathroom and end it with a warm tub and a cold straight razor for looking retarded because of their ridiculous state procedures when handling "man with rifle".

Not enough of them unfortunately.

Not enough of them unfortunately.

yep

+1000

Last edited by a moderator:
This is such a funny story on so many levels! What would have happened if it was in fact a real samurai sword? He could have just bought it in the mall, strapped it to his backpack, and walked out with it, because there is a store that sells those in practically every mall I've been in - even here in MA. What if he also happened to have a LTC, AND was carrying concealed at the time? Clearly when they searched him (even though they already knew it was just an umbrella), they were hoping to find something to justify the operation, and not look like total asshats.[rolleyes]

I'm surprised nobody in the security office recognized the umbrella as a novelty item. The mall cops should have been able to take care of this.

Mall cops are morons. Same goes for the bimbo who called the rent-a-dope in the first place. Society has once again proved it's full retard capacity

"Paranoia will destroy ya"

You forget that they're not embarrassed because to them that kind of response is "always justified". Part of moonbattery is being 110% delusional.

-Mike

i waited to see what really happened before posting.

this is classical stupidity.

I wonder if they called the "rifle" and AK. or an "assault weapon"

I am ordering one right now. neatoshop.com.

Samurai-Umbrella_2650-l.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason the sheeple will tolerate infinite, repeated, and profound failure from government and just let them try again, so why should government have any shame?

Withhold medical treatment from scores of Syphilis suffers just to see what happens? Promote that man to the Department of Health! Label basically normal kids/orphans "imbeciles" and run experiments on them (cough, MA!) that government should pioneer state-run healthcare!

Those are examples from the past, but the abuse continues yet we keep giving them more power???

If you sat down and read the government's resume with them applying for a job as a baby-sitter you'd kick them out of your house and call the police to arrest them...

From all of us at NES, thank you Schutzstaffel, woops I mean AG and Staties for once again wasting our tax dollars trying to enforce something that violates our constitution....pat yourself on the backs you f***ing facists for a job well done, at least you didn't shoot any dogs today, you just only almost shot a kid with an umbrella.

This sums it up for me perfectly.

Were any tactical segways deployed?

Back
Top Bottom