• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Southborough Rod and Gun Club

Pig Roast Tix now available

Tickets to the Pig Roast are now availalbe!

The Roast will be on August 28 Open to all and sundry, so if you're not a member feel free to come!

See the "Usual Suspects" around the Club for tix, or come to the Top of the HIll Thursday nights, we'll have them there, too.

Preceeding the Roast will be the Annual Flying Pig Shoot, each Squad of 5 will have a $20 winner, ( Price of the ticket); runner up will get a jar of applesauce.

Hurricane Pig Roast Notice

The Pig Roast, and the Flying Pig SHoot are still on.

We're Hardy New Englanders, and we laugh at the weather, so dont' stay home!

There'll be plenty of room in the clubhouse, and even if it's a "Drowninng Pig Shoot"...we're on!

Come on out and laugh at the weather! And remember, good stories come from bad decisions! [rofl]

The Club's power has been restored, and Trap and Skeet were open today.

The Flying Pig Shoot went off with no major hitches ( though with a smaller field of contestants, and rules modified for the conditoins) - the power cut out 10 minutes after we're done!

As a reminder: Thursday trap ends this month, so come on out, and bring a friend!

Saturday at 1pm I'm bringing two friends to the range for some trigger time. One of them has some limited shooting experience, one doesn't; both are currently campus police officers here locally. Anyone around that might be willing to bring an AR / AK variant (or anything else) for them to shoot some rounds through? (My AR build is way behind schedule, and I'll be happy to pay for the ammo of course).

thanks in advance guys!

Looking to check out SRG

Hi Folks,
New to the forum here. Been hearing great things about the club and was hoping to check it out this weekend. Is the Sunday trap shoot open to the public? Been shooting at Hamilton R&G but its too far of a drive for me. Really need to find something closer and Worcester Rifle and Pistol doesnt really have what Im looking for.

Would like to check out the club this weekend if possible. Please let me know.

Thanks

Yes, Sunday trap/skeet is open to the public. Leave your lead shot at home, steel only and it's available at the club. Plenty of good folk to chat with.

D@ve,

We're having an inter-club shoot in the AM, If you come early for the afternoon Trap, you might even get some eats! [popcorn] (not popcorn, but it's a "food" smiley...) There will be plenty of people to meet, too.

Reminder to all Members - come on out and help up retain the Big Shot Trophy!

Thanks to all our Members that showed up for the Metrowest Big Shot shoot yesterday. SRGC dug deep, and, despite gusty conditions, managed a win! Guess the old "home field advantage" comes in handy.

Congratulations to the Bird Hammers! [smile]

We're having a 105 shoot, AND a Turkey Shoot in November - check www.srgclub.com (under events) for more details. See you at the Top of the Hill, and bring a friend.

Last edited:
While your in the area you can stop by Hopkinton Sportsmen Assoc <www.hsasports> for a trap and skeet review, with 5 Stand on demand and Sporting Clays on demand as well. Open Sunday at 930A
Enjoy

HOLY CRAP! Place was PACKED, cars everywhere!!!! I couldn't stay, but swung through to drop off my dues. Looked like a good gathering.

Well I just got my LTC, so I'll be doing some shopping in the coming weeks. I'm interested in joining the SRGC and I was wondering if anyone would be around in the next few days/week that might be able to give me a tour of the place. Just let me know when you plan on going and I'll try to make it there too. Thanks for any help

Well I just got my LTC, so I'll be doing some shopping in the coming weeks. I'm interested in joining the SRGC and I was wondering if anyone would be around in the next few days/week that might be able to give me a tour of the place. Just let me know when you plan on going and I'll try to make it there too. Thanks for any help

They do Trap on Sundays at 1 (double check on their website). I've been meaning to make it out to the club as well... this is probably the best time -- no need to coordinate schedules, just head on out. :) Plus, you'd get to do some shooting!

- HP

Alright, I'll try and check it out this Sunday, I should have some new toys I'll be wanting to play with too [grin]

Back
Top Bottom