Southborough Rod and Gun Club

Hey guys! I filled an application last Saturday. I hung with MrHappy who was great and answered a ton of questions I had. Unfortunately he was spread thin (his words! [wink]) helping with the Junior trap practice, and couldn't show me the outdoor range.

I will most likely use the outdoor range to shoot pistol, and would like to start my 9 year old with a .22 pistol/rifle so I have someone to go play with.

Could I bother one of you to show me the indoor/outdoor range? I'll probably ask you a lot of silly newbie questions, so beware :)

If you PM me, we can work out a time/day that will work for both of us.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Mark has offered himself to give me a tour. Thanks!

Last edited:
After getting some supplies for my first .22 and talking with Mark Havener (and reading all the great reactions here), he strongly recommended this place. I've got the signatures and plan to show up to the meeting next Tuesday, but I was hoping to get a look around before then. The calendar for tomorrow looks a bit busy though... would that be a good day to stop by and get a look around?

Last edited:
Ack, I have school on Tuesday night (1 more week!). I am also on call most of this week, so no goofing off. Next week is another story...

If you want to show up and see the place on meeting night, you should try to get there no later than 6:30 - the actual meeting starts at 7:30.

Dinner will be at six.

There'll be plenty of people to show you the place, if Brad is unable.

im not as much looking for a tour. Im sure the range is more than adequate. right now Im driving an hour to afs 3-4 times a month and waiting in a long line to get an hour at a lane. im looking for a place a can go occasionally with my wife to shoot that isn't always packed with people.

im not as much looking for a tour. Im sure the range is more than adequate. right now Im driving an hour to afs 3-4 times a month and waiting in a long line to get an hour at a lane. im looking for a place a can go occasionally with my wife to shoot that isn't always packed with people.

Then tomorrow would be a perfect time to go so that you may put in your application and meet some of the other club members to get the required 2 sponsor signatures. when i went to apply i talked to the club president for a bit and another member and they signed off on my application as well as my (now) wife's. very friendly like minded people, i'm going to assume that you will have no trouble finding 2 members to sign off.

I swung by on Sunday and MisterHappy gave me a tour of the place and was a great help in answering my questions. Everyone there was very nice and friendly and the facilities looked great. I'm pretty eager to get some more range time in, but also pretty excited about meeting people and participating in some events. I'll be at the meeting tonight with my application! Not sure if I'll be able to make dinner (depending when my class lets out), but someone earlier in the thread said that if you're there to sign up you should probably arrive a little early to do the paperwork before the meeting starts.

Meeting reminder - tonight @ 7:30 - dinner at 6.

I should be around by 6:30 if anyone wants the nickle tour : shoot me a PM

You won't be able to join tonight. Your application has to be approved by the Board of Directors first. You can drop off your application and the Board will vote on it May 5th. You'll receive a letter from the Secretary notifying you of the next steps to becoming a member. Thank you for considering our Club. Looking forward to meeting you.

Sunday Trap!

Thought I'd let everyone know of a very special event taking place on Sunday:

I'll be joining the Trap committee. [smile]

Come up to the Top o' the Hill and shoot a few while I make jokes at your expense. [laugh]

And remember, Thursday trap nights start on May 5th!

Come up to the Top o' the Hill and shoot a few while I make jokes at your expense. [laugh]

Hahaha!

I am waiting for my app to be approved, but I thought of a question.

Can a member "rent" a club shotgun to try the sport out? I want to bring my wife on a Sunday to see if she likes it. Between me and her, there will be plenty laughing material. [grin]

Hahaha!

I am waiting for my app to be approved, but I thought of a question.

Can a member "rent" a club shotgun to try the sport out? I want to bring my wife on a Sunday to see if she likes it. Between me and her, there will be plenty laughing material. [grin]

Tictac,

Not everyone has access to the Club guns ( which are not rented, but loaned) , but as Brad says, many members are willing to share their toys. In fact, it's the best way to find a gun that "fits". Once you know what "feels right" then you'll know what to get for real.

PM me if you have a specific day in mind, I'll be happy to help you out all I can.

BTW, we never laugh at a new shooter....but once you get good, you're fair game! [wink] (ask me how I know! [shocked] )

Can't wait to have a Thurs or Sun off to try this... Will def need to borrow something tho, I'll let you know when I'm heading up there Brad. I'm in Indiana this weekend (yay me)

TRAP and SKEET are back!

Southborough Rod & Gun returns to Thursday Night Trap and Skeet tomorrow, May 5, 6-9 PM

Come on out to the Top of the Hill and ring in a new season with a bang!

For all you that want to try Trap, but don't have the equipment, we'll have what you need.

See you at the Top of the HIl....and Bring a Friend!

Back
Top Bottom