State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
Ill write more later as i am exhausted and want to tend to my wife's pregnancy food needs. I actually felt pride looking among my peers and count you all as family. We are in this together and from the powerful and emotional turnout seen today, i know that i am not alone.

Til later
Molon labe!!!!

attachment.php

haha finally made a picture, figured it would happened

guy with the black hat under the sign, next to the guy in the green

My favorite sign of the day. "EBT Control" was a close second.

Just want to say I am very proud of all of you and regret not being able to make it as I am still at work. Proud to be a part of this community! Lets keep moving......

Thats great!, Briggs got up close and personal with me and my girlfriend. She was just commenting a minute ago how soft Briggs fur is.

Could you be more specific? I don't see any coverage of any of today's rallies if that's what you're talking about.

I saw a 30 second clip on one news station and they shot the video before we were in full force, not a good representation of the turn out, it seems all the other stations snubbed use

- - - Updated - - -

oh yea they mention hundreds showed up, not thousands

Standing shoulder to shoulder with the patriots assembled at the State House gave me a renewed sense of purpose and hope. We must stand, fight and never surrender.

A couple pics from Rhode Island. Not as many people as I hoped to see but it was still good.

IMG_20130119_134952_zps71bcb740.jpg

IMG_20130119_131803_zps4d5da59a.jpg

I was a bit disappointed too. I was more afraid there was going to be fewer though. There was over 100 people though. Only one news channel was there and I only saw them talk to one of the organizers.
One of the good speakers was a female from Russia. She talked about how bad it was there after they confiscated their firearms. Amazingly enough the criminals still had them.

She also stated that we have a Bill of Rights, NOT a Bill of Needs.

IMG_0252_zps5f3bd7cd.jpg

IMG_0253_zps3bce4d9a.jpg

View attachment 51146

I have more pictures but there's so many good ones up already! Great to see such support in Boston today! Thanks to everyone that came out and everyone who supported! plus.. I FINALLY got my 2A shirts from minininjer!! =) thanks Cindy! See you all again at the next one.

Attachments

• 424516_10100806898845059_1672294044_n.jpg
    424516_10100806898845059_1672294044_n.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Folks, SPREAD THIS FAR AND WIDE.

AMAZING speech. Thank you for your inspirational words.

SO INSPIRATIONAL. What a great story. What a great speech. He is the example we NEED to show our politicians.

- - - Updated - - -

Folks, SPREAD THIS FAR AND WIDE.

AMAZING speech. Thank you for your inspirational words.

SO INSPIRATIONAL. What a great story. What a great speech. He is the example we NEED to show our politicians.

Nice. RI probably had 2-300 people. The only negative I saw was they let some asshat from info.wars speak. He looked like Curly's dumber cousin and was wearing the most ill fitting suit imaginable. Well sort of, he had a t-shirt on and was wearing a pinstripe jacket and pants.

That guy was a piece of work. There wasn't a ton of people, but there was more people there than I expected to see. I think the fact that it's such a huge space made the crowd look smaller too. There was a little too much "new world order" talk in some of the speeches for my taste, but overall it was good. My 2 year old son had a great time playing with everybody's dogs, and really liked going to see the "choo choos" across the street after the rally. He was upset Thomas wasn't there though.

I think there was about 300 people in RI, which is better than I expected. After all, this was done on a pretty short notice and RI is small :)

How many people showed up in Boston?

I think there was about 300 people in RI, which is better than I expected. After all, this was done on a pretty short notice and RI is small :)

How many people showed up in Boston?

I was on the steps looking into the crowd and my guesstimate was 1000-2000. Hard to see how many people were lining the Boston Common side and those not directly in front in the main assembly area.

Here are the evening news clips from ABC and NBC Boston Affiliates. Short, but to the point, no negativity...

http://youtu.be/FGXSreE9btM WCVB Channel 5

My YouTube response;

rudiewhitebwoy 1 second ago
Hundreds ? Too bad the camera man didn't turn around towards the common, more like thousands. Liberal media, I've been watching WCVB for the weather since Bob Copeland and I love JC Monahan, but that's it, I'm done. No more of that Commie Bill Fine and his skewed news. After 40 + years of channel 5, I guess I'll try WFXT, sorry JC.

http://youtu.be/fJVfMWDCrX4 WHDH Channel 7

Channel 7 was better, plus I'm in the clip @ 0:09, chomping away on my Nicotine Gum like a cow, with my sign backwards LOL. It was one sided and there were camera's across the street too. I kept switching it back and forth every 5 minutes or so.

Thanks to everyone who made it today. It looks like it was a success.

The NBC lady's comment was unnecessary and inaccurate. While we may not agree with Obama,me were protesting the current bills that would result in banning currently legal weapons and confiscating property, etc, etc, right here in MA. Very insidious, frankly.

Just for comparison, here are some other protests and demonstrations as reported by Boston.com

MBTA Protest

Scheduled to last from 11 a.m. Tuesday to 11 a.m. Wednesday, with teach-ins and speak-outs throughout Tuesday afternoon, the vigil was planned to attract the attention of Governor Deval Patrick, House Speaker Robert DeLeo, and Senate President Therese Murray.

Protesesters in Wheelchairs, - MBTA Hikes

Occupy Boston Anniversary

About 60 demonstrators have gathered in front of the State House despite drizzle and gray skies to mark the one-year anniversary of Occupy Boston.

Amid a backdrop that includes a tent with the phrase “U R being cheated” scrawled across the front and a large sign that says “We’re Still Here! Occupy Boston,” the group plans to march to the site of last fall’s Dewey Square encampment later this afternoon after the rally by the State House steps.

Trayvon Martin - pre protest

Massachusetts’ “stand your ground” bill was proposed by State Senator Stephen M. Brewer, a Democrat from Barre, and co-sponsored by 26 other legislators. Brewer filed the bill in January 2011, but it has received increased scrutiny in the aftermath of Martin’s death.

NES

View attachment 50943

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Hey that's me and my son behind the two big yellow signs. [smile]

Man couldn't have been prouder to be there today not only with my son but with fellow pro 2nd amendment supporters. Great well mannered crowd. Can't think of one negative thing to say about anyone. Everyone behaved in a respectful and orderly manner. It was just a sea of people everywhere I looked. Made you feel proud to be in such great company. As far as the officers who where working, everyone acted professionally and seemed to be supportive of our cause. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Just wished I had gotten a chance to meet more of you personally. [cheers]

Back
Top Bottom