Stocked up on booze, not ammo today

I was looking at Bud's Guns today and saw so many things I would love to buy, but because this state is trying to be Old England when it comes to gun control, I can't.

Well, as you all know, the pickpockets that work for the lobbyists that make our laws have decided we dont spend enough on alcohol when we pay the income and federal and SSI and all the other crap that comes from our checks, plus the Federal Alcohol tax that is in place. By the why, only reason an alcohol tax even exists is after HUGE civil rebellion. For those that wonder, what will you do today if your rights are infringed, look at history. Probably know about The Whiskey Rebellion. This taxation is why you can't brew the best spirits you may ever taste, because Uncle Sam won't get his share if you do. After all these taxes are paid, let's not forget the state's current cut. Near as I can figure is at least five slices of a check taken to buy booze, now gonna be at least one more.

Bought $500 worth of my Scotch today, figured with the tax increase is at least a free bottle in there.

Did I mention my wife is saying we don't visit New Hampshire enough, might want to see the beauty of the state a couple times a month now.

If New Hampshire is a trek for you like it is for me remember that August 1 is a nice fat increase in taxes if you drink alcohol and live in Massachusetts. If you are not tapped out on ammo, guns, taxes, and life already, one last stock up is needed.

Last edited:
the tax on booze is just part of the NH stimulus package.

I live just 10 minutes south of the border, and routinely make booze runs. Even before the increases, I save almost $4/handle on Southern Comfort, and probably 30cents per so a can of beer.... plus I get gas while i'm there.. and whatever else I need at walmart. I used to get cartons of smokes before i started stuffing my own.

this state just doesn't get understand the revenue its LOSING.

I'm planning our first family "NH Trip" for next month. We're going to descend with the pickup, full wallets, and tax-eroded souls onto the retailers of New Hampshire like so many starving, malnourished Ethiopians onto the six o'clock ham at Old Country Buffet.

I'm in western MA, so the Keene Target is probably my closest "dry goods" store. Is there a package store on Rt. 10 between Northfield and Keene that I can swing by, as well?

<snip> Is there a package store on Rt. 10 between Northfield and Keene that I can swing by, as well?

There is a store with an excellent selection in the same parking lot, in fact its on the way in, a Dicks Sporting Goods, Home Depot and a Wal-Mart a half mile east asn SAm's outdoor outfitters a bit further over on Rt 12. Trader John's Gun shop is due south just north of Winchester.

Happy shopping. [smile]

the tax on booze is just part of the NH stimulus package.

I live just 10 minutes south of the border, and routinely make booze runs. Even before the increases, I save almost $4/handle on Southern Comfort, and probably 30cents per so a can of beer.... plus I get gas while i'm there.. and whatever else I need at walmart. I used to get cartons of smokes before i started stuffing my own.

this state just doesn't get understand the revenue its LOSING.

+1 I'm 20 minutes south, we do monthly trips already to WM, beer, and Home Depot, fireworks, long guns, ammo. Keene's pretty much got everthing you need. Go out to dinner while we are up there with the tax money we save. The more they tax things here the easier it is for me to make the trip......f***ing retarded state supposedly balanced the budget by raising the sales tax, my guess is they'll be scratching their heads wondering wtf happened when the reciepts come in. I'd love to see them lose money...that would be a riot....

I feel bad for any businesses on the border....they just got hosed again by Deval......

Meanwhile NH's doing the happy dance.....someday I'll join them.

Back
Top Bottom