• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Strange Poaching story

Who drives around wearing earplugs???

Illegal Turkey Hunting From Vehicle
On 5/10/06, EnCon Police Officer Eric Johnson received a complaint from a citizen who was driving on Moose Meadow Road in Willington and stated that as he crested a hill on the road he observed a vehicle parked in the road and the driver wearing ear plugs and holding a shotgun pointing out of the driver's window. The driver then shot across the southbound travel lane at a turkey. The complainant had to stop his vehicle to keep from driving into the line of fire. Officer Johnson and EnCon Sgt. Mike Enright went to the residence of the suspected shooter and he admitted to committing the offenses. His shotgun was seized as evidence and he was arrested for Reckless Endangerment 2nd degree, Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm, Hunting from a Highway, Possession of a Loaded Weapon in a Motor Vehicle, and Hunting with 500 ft. of a Building.

I wish I could say "Unbelievable" but, unfortunately....
My Wife keeps giving me her turkey spotting reports. Almost daily. I'm getting really itchy but clearly not as bad as that guy.

Another slob hunter too lazy to do things the right way. [rolleyes]

I've been trying to bag a gobbler for the last three years but I'm gonna get mine in a lawful manner. Jackasses like him give all hunters a bad name.

At least he admitted his guilt. [thinking]

That's got to be one of the lamest poachers I've heard of (lately).

Sadly, his type brings the rest of us down with him. If you ever gripe about laws prohibiting loaded long arms in a vehicle... blame the political reaction to guys like him. His type is as much to blame as the politicians.

Back
Top Bottom