Strange Reloading Request...

Well, I'm not reloading yet. With my luck, by the time I ready, (financially and time wise), reloading will likely be illegal...(kidding)(hopefully)

Anyway, I was hoping one of you reloader guru-types could help a brother out. I need a few items:

(1). 5-10 38 Special practice rounds. By practice, I mean dummy - brass, bullet, no powder, no primer. I will accept anything, but would prefer a FMJ round as close to 135gr as possible. Lead is fine - just would prefer FMJ

(2). 2-3 5.56 or .223 round of the same description, With 55gr bullets, no primer/powder

(3) 2-3 7.62x51 or .308 rounds, (see above)

Purpose: loading drills for the .38 Specials, (snap-caps don't cut it) and failure drills for my AR-15, (if I ever get my upper) and my SOCOM-16/Troy MCS....

Thanks! [cheers]

OK, I got you a couple of each 223 and 762 all ready, and in the tumbler right now just cleaning them up. PM me your address and I will send them out to you.

With respect to the rifle dummies, you might want to seat the bullets just a hair deep, since the OP intends to chamber and extract them repeatedly. (Not an issue with the .38s, as there is no leade in a .38 revolver chamber.)

With respect to the rifle dummies, you might want to seat the bullets just a hair deep, since the OP intends to chamber and extract them repeatedly. (Not an issue with the .38s, as there is no leade in a .38 revolver chamber.)

Already done, and I put a nice strong crimp on them to hold the bullet in place.

If these guys did not already help you along I can take care of it also. PM me if you need the assistance , looks like they may have you covered.

Adam - thanks so much for the .223 and 7.62. I have been practicing failure drills on my SOCOM-16 and the addition of the dummies will be a big help. May have someone load a few mags for me after the shoot with a dummy strategically placed within...Anyone who has tried a fast mag swap on an M-14, will know the struggle...[wink] I still don;t have an upper for my AR-15, [sad], so it will be a bit before the drill will happen with that. Are you going to Shirley?

Pacman - could use the .38's still and I thank you all for your help on this. I have been trying to practice reloads with the 642 and the live-feel will help when I'm not at the range. The biggest challenge since switching to the 642CT is quick reloads. I have traditional and SpeedStrip loaders and both have their shortcomings...

Thanks again! [cheers]

Adam - thanks so much for the .223 and 7.62. I have been practicing failure drills on my SOCOM-16 and the addition of the dummies will be a big help. May have someone load a few mags for me after the shoot with a dummy strategically placed within...Anyone who has tried a fast mag swap on an M-14, will know the struggle...[wink] I still don;t have an upper for my AR-15, [sad], so it will be a bit before the drill will happen with that. Are you going to Shirley?

Pacman - could use the .38's still and I thank you all for your help on this. I have been trying to practice reloads with the 642 and the live-feel will help when I'm not at the range. The biggest challenge since switching to the 642CT is quick reloads. I have traditional and SpeedStrip loaders and both have their shortcomings...

Thanks again! [cheers]

Are you going to the shirley? I can bring them with me.

Mark,
I won't be going to Shirley. If you PM me your address, I'll get them out in the mail today for you.

Adam

Yup I got you covered - the 38's will be at the shirley shoot and Ill get them in your hands.

Back
Top Bottom