Striper season coming soon, who's ready?

Hit the mouth of the Merrimack yesterday at sunrise. Only stayed about 3 hours, by then there were around 30 ppl fishing. Didn't see a single rod bend.

I went out on Sunday morning about a mile off of Gloucester with my dad. Caught plenty of mackerel but we trolled some live macs for a few hours then trolled inside the harbor. Nada. But from seeing other posts, they should be here soon - in my area anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

The end is near gentlemen:

http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/dfg/dm...shrollingclosure-proposal-advisory-052715.pdf

Not bass, but ground fish. Bass will come next.

Yeah this is killing my dads charter business this summer. So ridiculous.

I went out on Sunday morning about a mile off of Gloucester with my dad. Caught plenty of mackerel but we trolled some live macs for a few hours then trolled inside the harbor. Nada. But from seeing other posts, they should be here soon - in my area anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah this is killing my dads charter business this summer. So ridiculous.

If this passes tomorrow night charters will be OUT of business unfortunately.

I'll have to make sure my dad knows about that public hearing in town tomorrow night.

Striped bass marinade. 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup grey poupon mustard, 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil.

Usually have it with white rice on the side.

I cook mine on the grill (don't want to stink up the house) in tin foil.

Had the mustard style last night and had it tonight with garlic, onions, peppers, Italian dressing in tin foil.
32" at west end of canal by boat on Monday.

Was out for another 3 hours on the Mrrmk mouth from 8pm til 11 last night. Not a single bite again for me or anyone else on the beach. Good thing though because for the first hour I was fishing with a new gibbs polaris popper and forgot to take the plastic covers off my hook points.[crying]

Was out for another 3 hours on the Mrrmk mouth from 8pm til 11 last night. Not a single bite again for me or anyone else on the beach. Good thing though because for the first hour I was fishing with a new gibbs polaris popper and forgot to take the plastic covers off my hook points.[crying]

i was going through some of my striper gear today and came across a few Bombers that still had those covers on the treble hooks. Thought, wow, hope I remebmer to take those off before I throw it.

A smarter man would have removed them today, while I was looking at it...But not me.

Ugh, my dad just texted me this photo while I'm stuck at work. Kid on his charter caught this earlier this morning in Gloucester Harbor. 42" First striper of the year.
View attachment 138752

As usual guys, so many laws f me up. Can I fish MA saltwater with my NH Saltwater license. I'm hitting canal area and wondering if I gotta grab another license.

I apologize in advance guys, I'll be a canal nuub this weekend.[laugh] going with family that fish it. Fired up

As usual guys, so many laws f me up. Can I fish MA saltwater with my NH Saltwater license. I'm hitting canal area and wondering if I gotta grab another license.

Yes, there is reciprocity between MA and NH and MA and ME and MA to CT. go to http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dmf/recreational-fishing/recreational-saltwater-permits.html

skroll down and you will see this....

[h=3]Recreational Saltwater Fishing Permit Frequently Asked Questions[/h]Who needs the Massachusetts Recreational Saltwater Fishing Permit?
In order to fish recreationally for finfish in Massachusetts marine waters, including up to the first upstream bridge in rivers and streams that flow to the ocean (click here for exceptions to the rule ), saltwater anglers must have:

• A Massachusetts Recreational Saltwater Fishing permit, or
  • A recreational saltwater fishing permit from a state that has a reciprocity agreement with Massachusetts. As of February 17, 2011, Massachusetts has reciprocity agreements with:
    New Hampshire: MA to NH NH to MA
    Rhode Island: MA to RI RI to MA
    Connecticut: MA to CT CT to MA
What is the cost of the MA Permit?
The annual cost for both residents and non-residents is $10.00.

Who does not need a permit?
No permit is required for:

• Anglers under 16 years of age
  • Anglers fishing on permitted for-hire vessels (for example, head boats and/or chartered boats)
  • Anglers, who regardless of their age, otherwise meet the definition of a disabled person in M.G.L. c. 19C

- - - Updated - - -

my question is if I am fishing from the beach can I be by myself and have more than one line in the water? I'm only asking because on Alaska State Troopers they busted a guy for having more than one line int he water. The guy said it was ok cause he had a license and the trooper said no it's not....$110.00.

Back
Top Bottom