• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Striper season coming soon, who's ready?

Thanks for the info...I thought that was the case but couldn't find the info in my searches....got nothing for your question though. I ain't fished in Alaska in 14 years and I've only ever used one rod on the coast around here.

Saw 2 bass taken at the bulkhead by the power plant while I was down on the nasty slippery weed covered rocks. Nothing for me but will keep trying.

On the combat side of things the Sagamore PO parking lot had something like 16 cars & trucks there at 4:40AM today. That's why I went further East.

Saw 2 bass taken at the bulkhead by the power plant while I was down on the nasty slippery weed covered rocks. Nothing for me but will keep trying.

On the combat side of things the Sagamore PO parking lot had something like 16 cars & trucks there at 4:40AM today. That's why I went further East.

Its everywhere down there, the herring run was overflowing to both sides of the road, mid gate had at least 40 vehicles lining the road, ice rink was jammed etc..the internet and ignorant people with live reports is killing it down there.

random question for you guys.
what are a couple knots I should know how to tie if I wanted to get into some fishing? freshwater and salt water.

EDIT:
Here's a pic for you guys, cousin caught this last week. Definitely a keeper lol Not sure if it was off the bass boat or the dock.
C1.jpg

Last edited:
Give the palomar knot a shot. I just started tying this knot and it's pretty easy and strong as well with two pieces of line going through the eye of the hook. Doesn't work so great with thicker mono though.

I'm a gear snob too..$1000.00 Zeebaas reel, $500.00 custom rod, $300.00 wetsuit, custom plug bags etc..all to go without sleep for days for a chance to cacth supahcows!! I suck at fishing..
View attachment 139228

What a monstah! Must have put up one hell of a fight lol. Kiddin aside, that's better than I've done so far- only been out once.

Is everyone only going out at night? seems like everyone who's been catching any say it was at night time. I'll probably hit PI this weekend, the high tides are around 10am i think. I'd probably get there for about 8. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Is everyone only going out at night? seems like everyone who's been catching any say it was at night time. I'll probably hit PI this weekend, the high tides are around 10am i think. I'd probably get there for about 8. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

My favorite time to hit the beach on Barnstable Harbor is hi tide around sunset. I've caught more keepers on the outgoing tide (even several hours after hi tide where the water is only knee-deep for hundreds of yards out) after sunset than I ever have right at hi tide when the water is at it's deepest. Hi tide tomorrow night is 8:40 so it should just be going dark around slack. I'm using frozen chunk mackerel on double hook sand eel rigs. I usually rake my own sand eels (I have a $60 rake I bought just for that) but I won't have time between getting out of work and hitting the beach tomorrow to rake eels. In fact there's only one place I can ever get eels consistently but that's only at low tide and it's several miles away.

Back
Top Bottom